Outlook Users

how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup?
I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the option
of choosing a User.
Thank you,
0
BradS (2)

"Brads" <Brads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup?
> I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the
> option
> of choosing a User.
> Thank you,

I'm presuming from this that you only have one Windows log-in on this
laptop?
The answer, unless you create a second Windows log-on,  is to create a
second Outlook Profile. Go to Control Panel-Mail-Show Profiles-Add.

0
gbplinux (1141)
4/3/2008 4:40:13 PM
Create a new Outlook Profile, set it to prompt for Profile

"Brads" <Brads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup?
> I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the
> option
> of choosing a User.
> Thank you,

0
DL
4/3/2008 4:45:20 PM
control panel, mail applet - click properties button and choose the option
to select the profile at startup.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Brads" <Brads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup?
> I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the
> option
> of choosing a User.
> Thank you,

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
4/3/2008 4:59:08 PM
If you use Exchange Server, you may also have to go into the properties
of the E-mail account and select the SECURITY tab, then turn on the
option to PROMPT FOR USER CREDENTIALS (or something
similar). I'm not at work and I don't have access to the specifics at the
moment.

Nikki

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> control panel, mail applet - click properties button and choose the option
> to select the profile at startup.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>

> "Brads" <Brads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup?
>> I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the
>> option
>> of choosing a User.
>> Thank you,

how do i set up giganews in microsoft outlook 2007?
"joao gil" <joaogil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819831B2-F40D-4DFB-B374-42F4F960B6E7@microsoft.com... <nothing> See the big white space? Use that to ask yoiur question and don't spare any detail describing exactly what you want. If giganews is an NNTP server, then you don't. Without an add-in you must purchase, Outlook has no NNTP capability. It uses whatever newsreader you have installed as your default newsreader, like Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman [MV...

How to get outlook 97 to work with an SMTP/POP email service, not MsMail, PostOffice/Exchange Server?
How do you get outlook 97 to simply work with an ordinary SMTP/POP server? I have Outlook Express working fine, with the settings for account name, pw, etc, already put in and it works great (my O/S is XP Home). When I installed Outlook 97 it wouldn't deliver or receive mail, saying, "No Transport Provider". When I try to add a "Service", it seems to only accept the Microsoft Mail Postoffice as the source/destination for email. There seems to be no way to tell it to use an SMTP/POP protocol service. Tom Download and install the Internet Mail Enhancement Pat...

Eine zweite Mailbox im Outlook
Ich habe einen Exchange Server und habe im Outlook 2 Mailboxen. Wenn ich ein Mail an die zweite Mailbox sende und diese als Vertraulichkeit: PRIVAT deklariert habe. Dann sehe ich das ein Mail vorhanden ist kann sie aber nicht lesen. Wenn ich via OWA zugreiffe sehe ich das MAIL. Habe im AD die Berechtigungen vergeben vollständiger Postfach zugriff. The right to see Private Messages must be given additionally via Outlook. You can do so by starting Outlook with the second mailbox as the default mailbox in a separate account and then choose Tools-> Options-> tab Delegates ...

password not save in outlook 2002 on windows 2000 profesional
How can i do to outlook 2002 dont prompt for a password, I check the knowledge base and i Make the changes for the registry in Protectedstorage and using only one account Are you talking about the password for your e-mail account? If so, have you applied SP1 for Office XP? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:11bfc01c3f550$39965c50$a601280a@phx.gbl, dominguezl@hotmail.com wrote: > How can i do to outlook 2002 dont prompt for a password, I > ...

User-defined column for inbox messages.
Here's what I want to do. I've got Outlook 2000. Our company currently has no mailbox size limit for everyone's mailbox. We are supposed to soon be moving to our parent company's email server, which has a 100MB limit for each mailbox. An easy way to reduce a mailbox size is to strip off any larger attachments from messages and store them elsewhere on the network. I would like to be able to insert a column into the Inbox and Sent Items that shows an icon or checkmark next to those message that I have stripped the attachment from. This is how I envision it: I would open th...

Email headers different in Entourage 2008 vs. Outlook 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I'm having a problem where we are trying to add additional email headers (relating to spam filter scoring, for example) and these headers will not be displayed when viewed in Entourage. When the same message is viewed in Outlook 2007, all of the additional message headers are displayed. Additionally, the DKIM signature header item is completely ignored and not viewable in Entourage. Is there some setting for Entourage to view all headers and/or why does it omit some of them? <br><...

Outlook Hangs #6
Hi I have a clients laptop with Outlook 2000 installed. Windows XP Pro OS. For no apparent reason Outlook has started playing up. It takes an ag to load and when it does altho it appears ok it cannot be used, the minute one tries to say, "reply" to an email (an mail~) or compose new mail, whatever option is chosen the system just hangs with an hourglass display. The only way out is to end the task completely. A system restore seems to work very briefly but then the problem reappears within one or two uses of Outlook. I do not want to have to wipe the whole laptop but in t...

outlook goes offline
hi I have several users who work over VPN. some times when the pc comes back from standby, outlook goes offline. The only way that I know to connect it back is manually delete the profile and recreate them. Kindly let me know if there is another way to solve this issue. I am using exchange 2000 on a win 2000 server. My clients are using office 2000, xp and 2003. KPM wrote: > hi > > I have several users who work over VPN. some times when the pc comes > back from standby, outlook goes offline. > The only way that I know to connect it back is manually delete the > profile an...

Outlook taking AGES to load
Hello I copied a pst file from one machine to another and when you start Outlook on the new machine it takes an age to load. There is not that much in the pst file. I did a compact but it seemed to make no difference. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this. Angus ...

Outlook 2003
Auto archive has stopped working. No errors, just doesn�t archive any emails. I�ve checked the storage limits. The mailbox is big but does not have a limit on it's size. Sherwood Glazier <glaziers@icst.com> wrote: > Auto archive has stopped working. No errors, just doesn�t archive any > emails. I�ve checked the storage limits. The mailbox is big but > does not have a limit on it's size. Are you sure archive "stopped" working? Archive does not use the received data if a message to determine whether or not to archive it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Message deleted from Outlook Inbox when printing
One of our users when selecting or opening a message from outlook 2000 inbox the message deletes and is unable to be found. The message is not in deleted items and there are no rules setup that would cause this issue. Is there anything else that I should check? Thanks! Neil Filter? Maybe the view is filtered down to only show unread messages, so once they've read it, it looks like it's disappeared, but it's still there, just not shown. Try View >> Current View > Messages OR View >> Current View > Customize Current View. Click Filter button and remove an...

Outlook Web Access OWA problems with reply and forward
All; My OWA is Exchange 2000, the latest service pack. It is reverse proxied through a Network Appliance NetCache. Everything works except for replying and forwarding a message. I can send messages, read messages, etc. When I try to reply or forward, the client window goes dull for a moment, and then comes back...the message is never sent. I have been all over the MS site and seen lots of fixes for permissions, WebDav stuff etc. All tried with no effect. There seems to be some notion that the reverse proxy may be a problem, but this is hard to confirm. Everything works perfectly from ...

GL User Posting History
We are on GP 7.5. I need to pull GL posting data for year 2008 for our auditors. We have closed 2008. One of the fields we need to supply is who posted each Journal Entry transaction. Unfortunately, since we closed, the USWHPSTD field (in GL30000) which indicates who posted the JE has now become the user who closed the company GL. Is there any way to retrieve this user information without restoring to our pre-close backup (which, thankfully, we do have) and pulling all of the data from the Open table (GL20000)? Thanks in advance for any help! Lisa LisaB, Unfortunately, unless ...

CRM 3.0 Redeployment Wizard map users
Hi, When using the CRM 3.0 Redeployment Wizard and mapping users manually from old system to new, do you have to have at least the same number of users in the new system than in the old? Or is it possible to map multiple users in the old system to one new user in the new system? Thanks. It seems that mapping multiple old users to one new user is not possible. But in the map users window in the Redeployment Wizard, you can leave blank the new user field for old users and the wizard will still complete successfully. After completing the wizard and installing the CRM, the old users that were ...

User-defined Shortcut keys
Windows XP allows the user to assign shortcut keys such as Ctrl+Alt+X to applications or folders on the active desktop. I have assigned several of thers but there is a problem. Sometime the app will start immediately, orher times it will take about 30 seconds - one or the other. The same app may work properly one time and not the next, and which apps work and which don't vary at random. I seldom have more than two or three things running at the same time, usually only one. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Have you tried creating a shortcut to your program th...

Outlook 2007 and email aliases
I moved and changed ISP. I picked my email address w/o thinking hard enough and created an alias that is better. I want the alias to be the default address Outlook uses. At most, all I could find in options was a "reply to" setting, but even it doesn't work. I sent an email after changing that and another account still received the reply address as the main address. Is there a way in Outlook to: 1) Set the default email address for sending and replies to the alias? 2) Get the reply to setting to work? Never mind, I'm a tad slow on a rainy day. I realized ...

Manual Archive Not Working
Running Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2003 A year ago I manually archived all my "old" emails - and wrote up instructions so I'd know how to do it this year. This year, it's not working. I move my old items to a new folder, go to File | Archive, select the folder, tell it to archive items older than today (I've checked and the items to be archived all have Modified Dates older than today), check the box to include things marked "do not archive", make sure the .pst file referenced is the correct one, and tell it OK. Outlook tells me it's archiving, and when ...

Re-associating users with mailbox
I am using Exchange 2003. I'm new to it, and have been using it about two weeks. I have accidentally deleted several users that have mailboxes. The mailboxes remained intact, but when I re-created the users in AD, new mailboxes were created as well, with the same names of course. How can I re-associate the users with their original mailboxes, most of which contain material that needs to accessed? Thanks for your time. Hi Holo20, Within Active Directory Users and Computers, identify the newly created user accounts. These accounts are going to be connected to the old mailboxes, so...

I have multiple users set up in my notebook (when starting Windows XP Pro and when coming out of standby): - my private one with user name "wim eising". This is my default one. "linked" to my default eising@iafrica.com email address (checked by dial up connection). - my work one at LAN with user name: "EisingW", with my work email address EisingW@locptb.gov.za which I DO NOT USE/CHECK ANYMORE. Originally I needed to log in as user EisingW when connecting to the LAN. I have got it changed to a setting that I do not need to log in as EisingW, but with my standard w...

msn servers for outlook
What servers do you use to set up outlook as the email client for MSN? Have you checked on MSN's site? That is where you can find that information. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | What servers do you use to set up outlook as the email | client for MSN? pop3 mail.msn.com smtp mail.msn.com -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content D...

cannot receive mail in Outlook 2k
Hi, I'm having trouble with receiving email on Oulook 2000 on an XP Home Dell laptop. The account in question sends mail fine, and generates no error when attempting to download POP mail... it simply shows no sign of noticing that there is email waiting. Twist in the tail comes when I setup OE6 on the same machine with the same account settings, but it also does exactly the same thing! The account itself is fine as I can check email from a different machine with the same account settings. There are no odd programs running, and no anti-virus (new machine), XP firewall is disabled and In...

GAL changes not downloading to Outlook 2003 clients (cached mode)
Hi everyone, Our Exchange server is not updating the OAB with the new users that have been created over the last few months. Since we are all using Outlook 2003 with cached mode turned on, the clients looks up the OAB even when you are online. Since the client defaults to the Global Address Book, the new entries are missing from there. However, if the user chooses the All Users address list then they can see the new users there. Turn cached mode off and the GAL is 100% up to date. I've run the OABINTEG tool but I'm not sure what the results mean. Can anyone help with this? Check t...

No offline support with Outlook 200 and W2k Server OS
Hello I wonder if somebody did make similar experience and how the issue was fixed? For support reasons I have installed W2K Server on my notebook. Now I cannot make my exchange mail box offline available.(OST-folder). I can not work offline, every time I connect all the mail gets transfered. I do not even have the check box under 'Properties'->Advanced. Thanks in advance Alfons Lichtenegger I believe that's just the way it is on W2k server....I don't believe you can modify this. Alfons Lichtenegger wrote: > Hello > I wonder if somebody did make sim...

Users not appearing in Global Address List
Hi, I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in the Global Address List. Can anyone tell me why? Thanks, Joe On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:39:52 +1000, "Joe Spenceley" <jspenceley@alwindows.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in >the Global Address List. > >Can anyone tell me why? > >Thanks, >Joe > Check in ADU&C to see if an email address has been applied. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx And: http://s...

How can I add a chart on my user form ?
Hi, Would you please help me, I need to add a chart on my user name! Thanks in advance There are two ways to do this. The easy way is described by John Walkenbach: Spreadsheet Page Excel Tips: Displaying A Chart In A Userform http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/displaying_a_chart_in_a_userform/ A more elegant but much more complicated approach is shown by Stephen Bullen: Office Automation Ltd. - Stephen Bullen's Excel Page http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp Scroll down 3/4 of the way, to PastePicture.zip - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Ser...