Outlook turns into an explorer

Hello All,

I have a very worrying problem with a friend's outlook express.  Every time
she launches it, the toolbar is filled with unwanted panels and the main
section turns into an explorer page and downloads some kind of website with
a blue background.

This is very annoying!

Obviously this is infected with spyware or something.  I have tried running
spybot without success and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how this
may be fixed.

Many thanks in advance,

Richard

0
richard_l (3)

Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I have a very worrying problem with a friend's outlook express.  Every
> time
> she launches it, the toolbar is filled with unwanted panels and the main
> section turns into an explorer page and downloads some kind of website
> with
> a blue background.
>
> This is very annoying!
>
> Obviously this is infected with spyware or something.  I have tried
> running
> spybot without success and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how
> this
> may be fixed.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Richard

0
Roady

Hidden E-mail Accounts in Outlook
Even though I do not see my husbands e-mail address under accounts on my computer, I get his e-mails. I think this is from when I set up my Vista machine and had his name enter by mistake. I did delete it but still get his mail. He does not use this machine and we do not have a network in the house. How do I stop this from happening. If you really mean "Outlook" you are in the wrong newsgroup. The newsgroup to which you posted is for the Windows Mail program. You are more likely to find Outlook experts in the Outlook newsgroup: microsoft.public.outlook.general (...

Outlook Security #3
Hi, Is there an application (or can outlook do this)that will prompt the sender for a username and password before any message can be sent? This is in an Exchange server environment not a POP setup. Thanks in advance. ...

Error In outlook xp and 2003
I get Error 0x80CCC0F in a few of my clients on the network. If i remove the account and recreate the account for the email account the error goes away for several days and then will eventually come back. All of the MS kB articles reference exch 2000, im running exch 2003. ...

Check Recipient Names in Outlook 2007
I just imported a Contact List in Outlook 2007. Is there a way to check the email addresses for errors before sending a email to the contacts? My problem is that when I send out the emails, some emails are not correct and sening the email fails. Can anyone help me? -- RES Outlook will tell when it encounters any email address that is not valid. If the email address is incorrect, how could Outlook know that? Exactly what "errors" did your import produce? What file type did you import? -- Russ Valentine "RES" <RES@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Problems with Outlook Integration
Was using V1.0 with sample data with no problem, just went through a very painless 1.2 "upgrade". It was more of an uninstall and re-install. Infact i reinstalled everything except the sample data which would not allow an uninstall unless CRM was completely removed from the system. Anyhow, the event logs are fine, the web interface works great but when I attach my 2000,XP,or2K3 clients with Outlook for CRM installed I get Script error processing messages. More specifically the error message states: An error has occured in the script in this page Line: 25 Char: 1 Error: Object Expir...

spambayes setup with outlook 2003 pop
hello, I use outlook 2003 with 4 different profiles. pop mail, I am trying to use another spam catcher called spambayes as an add on before it gets to my inbox or junkfolder. I cannot seem to get it to sync up with the outlook 2003. could it just be configuration issue. or any suggestions. thanks I would read the SpamBayes help information - it is not an Outlook issue. I use it successfully with Outlook 2003 and 2007. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted with...

Personal Folders vs. Outlook Folders
Could someone please tell me how I can combine what is in a users personal folders vs. outlook folders? When I open a users outlook, the folder view shows Outlook folders and Personal folders, and there is received mail in both folders. I need to combine this and the calendar and contacts, but I can't figure out how to do this. Thanks! Relied in another group. Debbie wrote: > Could someone please tell me how I can combine what is in a users > personal folders vs. outlook folders? When I open a users outlook, > the folder view shows Outlook folders and Personal folders...

what is the path for signature file in Outlook 2007
Hello, Can someone tell me which folder has the signature file in Outlook 2007. i am using windows vista business and outlook 2007 -- 10/31/2009 8:05:02 AM !****************************************! ! Custom Text Line #1a ! ! Custom Text Line #1b ! ! 1 year 6 months 20 days until The ! ! Rapture Of The Believers ! !****************************************! ! "I think there is a world market for ! ! maybe five computers." Thomas Watson, ! ! chairman of IBM, 1943 ! !****************************************...

Opening attachments in Outlook #2
Outlook 2002 Windows XP When I ago to send an email, add an attachment and try to open that attachment to check it's okay, I get the following error message: this object was created in outlook this application is not available to open this object Any ideas? Thanks ...

outlook 2003 with word xp (2002)
i just installed outlook 2003 and i want to use word xp (2002) as my email editor. the check box is grayed out though and it only says "use word 2003 as your email editor" any suggestions? thanks shri Outlook and Word versions must match -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "shri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f36a01c3bda7$4a5c31d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > i just installed outlook 2003 and i want to use...

Ports for Outlook on Exchange
We are about to move our Exchange server onto a different VLAN from the workstaions. The server VLAN will have ACL. Not sure what ports we need to allow on the ACL for the Outlook clients. Any ideas. Thanks in advance. YOu would do better to post this to an Exchange group - microsoft.public.exchange.admin would be a good place for this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dc asked: | We are about to move our Exc...

synchronising Outlook 2007 contacts with backed up version
Hi all, I use Win XP Pro with a Nokia 'smartphone'. In early December, Nokia invited me to download and install a new synchronisation package that truncated some of the entries in my Outlook 2007 including the longer Notes fields in my Contacts; I don't know what else I lost, but some 200 entries were affected. I had mirrored my HDD prior to this, and would like to use this archive to recover the lost data. When the Outlook field on my computer incorporates newer information than the mirrored version, I would like this incorporated. As Nokia has not replied...

Looking for an eval version of Outlook 2007
I'd like to give Outlook a try. Is there an eval version that doesn't apparently require installing the full Office 2007 suite? Can Outlook be installed selectively after download? How complete is the online trial version of O2007? -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail Al Dykes wrote: > I'd like to give Outlook a try. Is there an eval version that doesn't > apparently require installing the full Office 2007 suite? > > Can Outlook be installed...

sharing Task/Contacts folder in Outlook 2003
The Outlook 2000 invitation to share a task or contacts folder, does not appear with the accept and decline options in Outlook 2003, as it does on other Outlook 2000 clients. Is there someway to make this work in Outlook 2003?? Thanks, -SG Net Folders, buggy application that it was, was discontinued in Outlook 2002 and later versions. See if any of the solutions offered here help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent t...

outlook.exe has generated an error and wil be closed by windows
I get this message averytime I accept an appointment in Outlook 2000. Any suggestions gratefully recieved. I have tried:- Deelscting the Add-ins Creatine a new outlook profile Removing the two outlook folders in his profile Creating a new W2K profile thanks Werner >-----Original Message----- >I get this message averytime I accept an appointment in Outlook 2000. > >Any suggestions gratefully recieved. > >I have tried:- > >Deelscting the Add-ins >Creatine a new outlook profile >Removing the two outlook folders in his profile >Creating a new W2K prof...

Photos Not Found In Outlook 2000
All of a sudden in Outlook 2000 any attachments when I try and open them, I get the message "The System cannot find the path specified". This was working fine, I have no viruses and all of a sudden now it cannot find files -- ANY suggestions would be worthwhile. WinXP SP1 and all other updates are current. Thanks /pc Phil Cunundrum <barelyhere@aliveandkicking.com> wrote: > All of a sudden in Outlook 2000 any attachments when I try and open > them, I get the message "The System cannot find the path specified". I've seen this caused by a problem with t...

Windows Explorer folder columns layout
Where does Windows Explorer store column layout for Details View for a particular folder? I need to be able to set which columns are shown and their order for a particular folder. I know Explorer stores a lot of information in: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/custom.asp I'm not sure that's where it stores the view for each folder, but perhaps starting there will lead you somewhere. Tom "Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46541...

Outlook 2003 #43
I upgraded to outlook 2003 and I pretty happy with it. The only thing I noticed is that is frequently sync folders and slows the program down. Any ideas on how to speed the program up. Can you stop the folders sync?? Thanks Sean What kind of server are you getting your mail from? "Sean" <seanfitzpatrick@accesswave.ca> wrote in message news:0ec201c3b6c7$b9aa51c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I upgraded to outlook 2003 and I pretty happy with it. > The only thing I noticed is that is frequently sync > folders and slows the program down. > > Any ideas on how to spee...

Outlook Template #3
I am trying to create a template to use to automatically reply to senders who submit their resume to our company. When I try to save the template I get the following error message: "Internal MAPI error: An invalid parameter was passed to a MAPI function. Contract your administrator." Does anyone know why? Thanks! Hi Jennifer, please look here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272062 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Jennifer" <anonymous@discussions....

Outlook 2000 deleting email?
Environment - Exhange 5.5 SP4 on NT4.0 SP6a. Client - W2000 SP3 w/ Outlook 2000 SR-1 Problem - This morning I noticed transaction logs piling up rapidly. I quickly figured the problem to be that one user was deleting his mailbox. His mailbox was roughly 1.5GB in size. However, when I called he said he was doing nothing. He had logged on to another computer and opened the Outlook 2000 client (Now he was logged on to two computers). Roughly the time he said he logged onto that other computer was when, I noticed the transaction logs piling up. His Deleted Items and Sent Items fold...

HOw do I change the default pdf viewer in outlook
When I have a PDF file attachment in outlook I double click it and microsoft picture viewer comes up and not adobe viewer. How do I change that Outlook follows you default configuration of Windows. How to change it depends on your version of Windows. Windows XP and previous; Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types Windows Vista and Windows 7 Start-> Default Programs-> Associate a file type or protocol with a program -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads,...

Outlook (with CRM Laptop Client) will not open
I get the following error message on my laptop when trying to run Outlook & not connected to LAN or Domain (ie standalone). "Can not start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to Open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened." I successfully synchronized the laptop client when it was conencted to the LAN/domain. I went offline Ok, and online OK. But when disconnected from the LAN, rebooted, started up not connected to the LAN/Domain I get the above error and can not even open Outlook. Should I be logging on to the local machine in the Windows log on rather than t...

What? Where's the Windows Explorer association with this file?
Running Win98FE and installed the sothink flv player Works great!, full screen, just double click on the .flv file and the video runs. Except... The icon in front of the .flv stays generic as though nothing will open it. Going to the Windows Explorer I went down through the whole list trying to find an association, nothing! Thought I'd manually just change the icon, so I right click on the .flv file and view properties. That's so brief as to be laughable. Since Win98 thinks no application can open the .flv file there is no icon to change. Ok, so how do I '...

Outlook Web Access #37
Hi all, I am using Outlook Web access for retreiving my E Mails of my office. I receive an attachment daily (pdf format) which I can open while at office. I am unable to even view the attachment using the web access. We are using Exchange 2000 at work. Can you please help. Urgent please. Thank you in advance. Arjun have you tried downloading it before viewing it? just right click and chose download target file. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >I am using Outlook Web access for retreiving my E Mails >of my office. I receive an attachment daily (pdf format) >which...

Outlook 2000
I receive the following error message now and then, more often recently: The instruction at "0x3a2712f7" referenced memory at "0x74774758". The memory could not be read. This usually follows periods where my various outlook accounts have errors sending mail through their pop servers. Mostly the error message states: The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. Account: xx@xxx.com; SMTP server mail.xx.com. Error# 0x800ccc0f. I'm reasonably sure the settings are correct since it works some of the time. Any body know what's going on? ...