Outlook Today - tomorrow's appointment displayed as today

I have two problems in Outlook Today. Here's the scenario.

Today is Saturday 3rd Jan, 2004.
In Customize Outlook Today I have "Show this number of days in my
calendar  as 7 "

In Outlook Today under the Calendar column I have a multi-day event
correct displayed under today. However, even though this multi-day
event ends on Tuesday 6th Jan I cannot see any further listings for it
in the Calendar Column. Should I not see it listed for Sunday and
Monday and Tuesday as well?

The second problem is I have an appointment penned in for Sunday 4th,
2004. (i.e. tomorrow) yet this is nowl displayed under today and not
Tomorrow or Sunday 4th or whatever heading it should be entered under.
I deleted and re-entered this and other entries for Sunday, yet they
are all displayed under Today.

My zone in Regional Options is GMT and the long date input is set to:
ddd, dd MMMM yyyy  (i.e. Sat, 03 January 2004)

Thanks

0
bc5829 (3)

If there is no appointment or anything for those days it
will NOT show, just tested it...

Don't know the answer to the second one... (sorry!)

0
anonymous (74722)
1/3/2004 1:21:38 PM
Sorry on part one, you're only going to see on the today
page: Multi-Day event - and the title of the event - that
screen will not show you how long the multi-day even is...

0
anonymous (74722)
1/3/2004 1:25:20 PM
It's the second problem which really bothers me. Here listed below.

>>I have an appointment penned in for Sunday 4th,
>>2004. (i.e. tomorrow) yet this is now displayed under
>today and not
>>Tomorrow or Sunday 4th or whatever heading it should be
>entered under.
>>I deleted and re-entered this and other entries for
>Sunday, yet they
>>are all displayed under Today.
>>
>>My zone in Regional Options is GMT and the long date
>input is set to:
>>ddd, dd MMMM yyyy  (i.e. Sat, 03 January 2004)

0
bc5829 (3)
1/4/2004 1:40:23 AM
I have an appointment penned in for Sunday 4th,
2004. (i.e. tomorrow) yet this is now displayed under
today and not
Tomorrow or Sunday 4th or whatever heading it should be
entered under.
I deleted and re-entered this and other entries for
Sunday, yet they
are all displayed under Today.

My zone in Regional Options is GMT and the long date
input is set to:
ddd, dd MMMM yyyy  (i.e. Sat, 03 January 2004)

0
bc5829 (3)

outlook 2003 #186
What is the name of the file where are my address book and emails stored? It's not the same as prior versions of outlook. Thanks, John G. It is the *.pst file in the local folder under document and settings/user name/local setting/application data/microsoft/outlook.. Thanks for your support. jagaman >-----Original Message----- >What is the name of the file where are my address book >and emails stored? It's not the same as prior versions >of outlook. > >Thanks, > >John G. > > >. > ...

Outlook 2002 question #4
Hi. My Outlook 2002 used to show whether I had replied to a message and on what date in a yellow bar across the top part of the preview pane. I can't seem to find out how to get that to show again. Does anyone know how to set this option up? I have looked all around in the menus and such but cannot see where to do this. Thanks Robin Anyone know the answer to this problem? Robin "Robin" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message news:W8qdnXfkXPysoUPeRVn-rw@comcast.com... > Hi. My Outlook 2002 used to show whether I had replied to a message and > on > what date in...

Re: Outlook 2007 create background
I played around with this further. You can still use any HTML editor to = create stationery and place it in the user's Stationery folder. You can = also use FrontPage 2003 to create new themes with background images. = Details at = http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.e= ntry --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =...

ms outlook faxing rendering problems
When I scan a document and send it via ms outlook fax. I get the error message item can not be Rendered any solutions much appreciated A little BASIC information would be helpful first. What version of Outlook/Office/Windows are you using? How are you trying to send the Fax? Are you using the Send To->Fax Printer option? What Fax Program are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding...

hiding sender address in Outlook emails
I don't want my email address to appear in the messages that I send to other people. How can I do this? tomsaar wrote: > I don't want my email address to appear in the messages that I send to other > people. How can I do this? This is not a pro-spamming newsgroup. "tomsaar" <tomsaar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBA59383-FB7F-417F-9ED8-850E2D4C7F6D@microsoft.com... >I don't want my email address to appear in the messages that I send to other > people. How can I do this? If this is a legitimate message, then th...

Outlook 2003, Relaying denied error, Windows XP
I seem to have a problem when Outlook 2003 is first opened that it will not allow an email with an attachment to be sent. A 'Relaying denied' error message comes up. If I send an email without attachment this works OK and triggers the Norton anit virus software to check email before sent. After this the problem seems to go away i.e. I can now send attachments. Any ideas on why this error occurrs ? Is there a setup feature I've missed ? Have you set up authentication to your outgoing server ("More Settings..." on your account page, go to the "Outgoing Server&qu...

Outlook Connector for Hotmail & Outlook 2007
I couldnt synchronize properly with my hotmail account and my calendars, tasks, contacts doesnt sync the current connector doesn't work with outlook 2007 - you need to wait for an updated version of the connector. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

Outlook 2000 Starts with Information Box
On some computers running NT4 and Exchange 5.5 with XP pro Clients A message box appears about macros added to additional files, why does this box appear? and how do I stop it from appearing every time I sart Outlook 2000? Please state the full error you get. You can control macro's in Outlook by Tools-> Macro-> Security -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the new...

Question about moving Outlook 2003 from an old computer to a new one
Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549451033.aspx I was wondering what, if anything, has changed for Outlook 2003? I'm asking only becuase I can't find a similar article, and I'm going to need to do this later next week. Thanks! Larry Larry Kahm <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote: > Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which > describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: &g...

query-based distribution group not showing in Outlook
Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 I have created a query-based distribution group and it isn't showing up in Outlook Address Book. If I create Distribution groups they show up in the Address Book. How do I get the query based groups to show in the Address Book? Under Exchange Advanced I have confirmed that the check box to hide list is unchecked. Thanks, Colin M. On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:54:52 -0800, "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote: >Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 > >I have created a query-based distribution ...

!!HELP!! OWA ans Outlook do not synch
OK so I rebuilt my SBS 2003 server and used Exmerge to exmerge all my users mailboxes out. Successfully exmerged them back into Exchange. Had to recreate new profiles on the users workstations but all appears to be good. One slight problem. For my external users who use Citrix and log onto the Citrix server desktop they cannot use Outlook there. I do have a case open with Microsoft regarding this issue however my immediate issue to resolve is why I can log on as a user here in the office, open Outlook and all their mail is there. However when I use OWA the mailbox is incomplete. Does no...

Problem with Outlook e-mail after installing Microsoft Publisher
I have not been able to send e-mails from Outlook after installing Microsoft Publisher. Any suggestions on how to remedy this sotuation? Are you getting an error? Is Outlook working okay through other programs? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Techblues" <Techblues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCCE2A75-8...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

How Do I Change Where Outlook Store It's Information?
Greetings, I have several profiles in my Outlook 2000. For some reason two of them are using the same .pst file. Is there somewhere in Outlook that I can change the default .pst file name where that profile stores information? Any help would be most appreciated. TIA -Minitman Change the pst-file name or location to anything or anywhere you want. When you start Outlook it will prompt you for the file. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully custom...

Display previous and next
Is there a way to have a query that meets certain criteria also display the previous and next record that don't meet the criteria? Let me give a hypothetical example to explain this. Let's say I have a table of client names, address, etc. that is in no specific order. I use a query to sort the data by State, City, Address. I then set a criteria to only show the records that don't have a zip code. Now if I could see the record previous to and just after the record that doesn't have a zip code (let's assume these other records do have a zip code), I might be able t...

display countdown timer in Excel
I'd like to display (in Excel 2003) a countdown timer in a worksheet (either in a cell or a textbox or other control). I want the user to be able to see the clock tick down from say 20 seconds to 0 in one second increments (or decrements, I guess). Is there a function that will do this? If this is somethingVBA can handle better, I can post this question in the programming newsgroup. Thanks, Bert It has to be done through VBA. You could write code or have someone do it for you. That someone would be Bob Phillips who has a free downlaodable workbook with a Timer setup. http://...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

Outlook #244
I am not quite sure what I did, but the last time I tried to start Outlook, it asks me set up Outlook. I am afraid I lost my address book. With Windows XP and Outlook 2000, using windows explorer, where do I go to find the folder that the Outlook address file is in? Would incoming mail be included in this folder, and how would these files be labeled? Please help. Wes Wes Morgan <morgans@efn.org> wrote: > I am not quite sure what I did, but the last time I tried > to start Outlook, it asks me set up Outlook. I am afraid I > lost my address book. With Windows XP and Outlo...

Outlook 2000 and Win XP
I have a Laptop with Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2000 SP-3. About 3-4 times a day the user cannot open the GAL. I have to delete and then reconfigure the profile. At which time the GAL works for another couple of hours. Do you know of any issues. ...

Outlook 2007 CRM error
I get an error when starting Outlook that I have no CRM functionality, event ID 5897 shows up in the app logs with an autentication error message 0x8007002. Any ideas on what I should be looking for or how to fix this? ...

Outlook gone wild??
Hi all, I had to reinstall my outlook 2003 on my new computer after my old on fried. After the install, I set up my email address, and did a send/receive. This is what happened after that. emails download, then disappear. Opening inbox, I get "search root" Open task, I get notes Open calendar, unable to display folder Open notes: I get journal Open deleted items and I get outlook today. Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks for your help, jojo jojo <cgv_2000@*remove your hat*yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, I had to reinstall my outlook 2003 on my new computer aft...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

determining (and displaying) slopes that exceed x
I have created elevation profiles of state park trails that I have GPSed. The X is distance in miles, the Y is elevation in feet, plotted on a scatter chart (the locations of the GPS points is not uniform). I would like to show the areas of the trail that exceed a particular slope in a different color. I suspect I would have to create a new data series that includes just those areas and then add it to the chart. How do I determine which areas meet the criteria I set forth? JZip, Assuming the miles and feet data below, say you want to color any part of the series that exceeds a sl...

Outlook Grant Request:
The Honorable Microsoft : I want applying a grant of Outlook software request, if I can have a full version of Microsoft Outlook with stationery functions. I need having Office Professional 2003 with Outlook for my nomination requests. If I could have Microsoft Outlook for my personal needs with stuffs. Please help me to get these products to be mailing address. Please reply this question, I need to hear from there for my preparation job included Outlook request: David Johnson ...