Outlook Today #31

How do I find newsgroups in Outlook 2003?

0
ikeyl (1)

Ikey <ikeyl@hotmail.com> wrote:

> How do I find newsgroups in Outlook 2003?

Outlook uses Outlook Express to read news.  In Internet Explorer, click
Tools>Internet Options>Programs and select Outlook Express from the
Newsgroups drop-down.  You should then be able to add the News button to the
Go menu in Outlook and it will use OE to read the news.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook Express IMAP Synchronizing
I'm sending to Outlook newsgroup because I can't find an Outlook Express newsgroup in the Community Newsgroups listing, which is weird in itself condisering this is the link provided by Microsoft on its Outlook Express support page. My question is about synchronizing accounts when OE is set up as IMAP. My guess (a clear explanations of this mpoint is NOT provided in Help) is that "synchronize accounts" means that whatever is on the local computer is uploaded to the web mail server - not the reverse. I have set up several sub folders on my local computer to handle...

Outlook receives same message that was sent
When I receive an e-mail from someone who responds to my e-mail, the text in the message is the exact same but with the receipient in the "from"....so basically it looks like they sent the same e-mail back to me (i.e. mirrored my e-mail). What is causing this...any suggestions? ...

Outlook 2002 nk2
As dumb as this sounds, many customers at the company I work for use the autocomplete feature as their contacts. Is there anyway to export the nk2 file into a format that can be imported into Outlook contacts. Dale No. But you can copy it and use it to replace the NK2 file in another profile. You must rename it to match the one the other profile is using. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dale Spies" <dale.spies@bryancave.com> wrote in message news:065d01c3b393$a5fe80b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > As dumb as this sounds, many customers at the company I > work for use the ...

How do you "switch e-mail Identies" in Outlook?
In Outlook Express was very easy to "switch identies" and look at another family members e-mail, In Outlook 2003 it seems that you have to log out? Am I missing something here? No, you have it right. Outlook requires that you log off and then log back on using an alternative profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jeff asked: | In Outlook Express was very easy to...

Outlook 2002 #172
My password won't save. Any ideas? Hi rsmcqueen! See reply to your other post. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "rsmcqueen@gbronline.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d63b01c453d8$6ec804a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My password won't save. Any ideas? > Norm I tried both suggestions and they were a no go. No change. I still have to put in a password everytime I start Outlook 2002. Thanks anyway. Anymore suggestions? Rev. R.S. McQueen >-----Original Message----- >Hi rsmcqu...

Outlook connection to Exchange 2003
Hello, I have 1 user in the company who has 2 times the mailbox in outlook regardless that the profile is created as always.... both with the same data. This user also experience a long waiting time to sync his mailbox to the ost file. We tryed deleting the profile and creating it again but after some minutes the 2nd copy of the mailbox apear. We have migrated from Exchange 2000 2 weeks ago. Before the migration this was not happening. Thanks in advance for any clue Daniel.- Try re-creating a new profile and also renaming your Outlook folder in your doc and settings directory to...

outlook 2002 account setup
sorry for the dumb question but didn't find any thing in help or google but where are the acct settings for pop3 server, smtp server, using non standard ports, etc., like in outlook2000, outlook express the wizard/properties only has very abbreviated settings????? whoever said it would be easy??? "bbxrider" <bxtrap01@comcast.net> wrote in message news:Ol9O4J0QEHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > sorry for the dumb question but didn't find any thing in help or google > but where are the acct settings for pop3 server, smtp server, using non > standard ports, etc...

Problem with Outlook 2002
I just installed SP3, and now, whenever I start a new message or repply to a message, I get a prompt asking my permission to allow another program to access my Outlook contacts. I use MS Word 2002 as my email editor, and when I disable Word, the annoying Yes/No prompt goes away. But I want to be able to use Word within Outlook without this prompt. Any ideas? Scott <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed SP3, and now, whenever I start a new > message or repply to a message, I get a prompt asking my > permission to allow another program to access my...

Outlook 2003 Will Not Exit Completely
I am having a problem with one of our New Systems that has Office 2003 SBE Running WIN XP. Outlook will not exit completely, it always leaves a tray icon open and they only way to completely shut down Outlook is in Task Manager\ Processes and Stop the process. If you are Lucky enough to open Outlook more than once, when you go back to Task Manager Outlook.exe will be running however many times you were able to open and attempt to close Outlook. I do not have WinFax 10.. Or any PDA's, Spyware, Virus's etc. on this system, it is clean. I have done hours of research and have found...

Outlook 2003 SP1 and Windows XP SP2 problem!
I can't create a new email message in Outlook 2003 ever since I installed SP1 for Office 2003. Whenever I try, I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error..." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook 2003 and even removed Business Contact Manager. Any idea of how to deal with this? Tried recreating your mail profile already? To create a new profile (do not copy it); Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles To access your current pst-file in the new profile; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the defa...

How can I get my "sent" messages on server into outlook?
can someone tell me how i can "grab" my "sent" emails from my host (comcast) smartzone mail into my newly installed outlook 2003? I got incoming mail OK, I got spam OK, but not sent. Assuming the outlook mail account has been configured as pop mail you would have to move mail in your web access to the primary web mail folder, then sort it appropriately once it has been downloaded to Outlook "Can't get "sent" emails into outlook" <Can't get "sent" emails into outlook @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Home Loans Today
Visit Equity Home Loans, today! Your equity is your credit. http://equityhomeloanscredit.com If you have equity in your home, then you can have a line of credit. Do you need a loan to do some household repairs? Do you want some credit, so you can get a new car? Your equity is your credit at Equity Home Loans! http://equityhomeloanscredit.com ...

Speeding up Outlook ?? and How to make emails fully download ??
This has been driving me nuts for ages. Why is Outlook so slow at accessing my IMAP account? Are there any tips on speeding up Outlook 2007? I have two Hotmail accounts, using the Outlook Connector, an IMAP account, and two POP3 accounts. Also, on my IMAP account, only the headers are downloaded. I have to select the email and then wait few seconds before it appears in the preview pane. How do I make Outlook fully download the email, so I so not have to wait while going through them. Cheers ss. Synapse Syndrome <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote: > Also, on my IMA...

Outlook Check Name
Hi, I am always facing this problem.. when i wanted to add a new account in the Outlook 98, i specify the Exchange Server and then type in the last name of the user and click on 'Check Name'. it will hang from then on. i am running on Win NT and Outlook 98. that will onli happen on the one NT Local Workstation account. using the administrator's Local Workstation account will have not problem with that. I have also try create the user acc with administrator rights.. but it still cannot work. pls advise. someone pls advice? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I am...

How do I downlowd webmail to Outlook?
I use Gmail, I want to use it on outlook. I can send E-mails through Outlook, but not recieve or download. What am I doing wrong? "Dixie01" <Dixie01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48AC35A1-BD52-4570-A991-527A2D50367D@microsoft.com... >I use Gmail, I want to use it on outlook. I can send E-mails through >Outlook, > but not recieve or download. What am I doing wrong? Did you follow the setup instructions on Gmail's help web pages? Did you configure your Gmail options to enable POP3 access? -- _______________________________________________...

Outlooks Journal?
Can someone enlighten me on what one would use Outlooks Journal for? Never really ventured into using it yet, and curious if others use it You can use it to keep track of things you do, like emails to a person, calls to a person or company. It's just like a personal diary of actions you take or do. You can keep track of car oil changes, it's endless... Think of the Calendar as a forward looking set of things to do, the Journal as a history of what's been done, and Tasks as a list of work in progress. One of my software products, NebulaManager, allows business application soft...

move the mails from netscape to outlook
is it possible to move the mails from netscape to outlook? If yes, what is the way? Thanks a lot! "roy" <royli@holborn-group.com> wrote in message news:de3401c3efc2$8c3ae630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is it possible to move the mails from netscape to outlook? > If yes, what is the way? Thanks a lot! What version of Netscape? it seems 6 or 7.1 >-----Original Message----- >"roy" <royli@holborn-group.com> wrote in message >news:de3401c3efc2$8c3ae630$a601280a@phx.gbl... >> is it possible to move the mails from netscape to outlook? >> I...

Customize Outlook Today #8
I cannot customize my Outlook today screen, when I click on the button, nothing happens??? ...

Outlook 2003 Question
Our CFO, just came to me with an issue that I didn't have an answer to right off the bat. When he opens outlook, and clicks NEW, his autocompletion of names used to be HUGE. He would type "W" for instance, and like 30 people would show up w/ the last names that begin with W, or it would be sorted by first name, one or the other. However he said just recently, that when he types "W" , that maybe 2 or 3 would show up, and the auto completion list isn't full anymore. Any issues that could of flushed out this history? If no answer, I'll just train to r...

my outlook says not implemented, it will not work
I bought this software over four years ago, but all of the sudden stopped working. I can't also make it work automatically work from my internet's e-mail automatically. I want to see outlook page opening directly from my interenet provider's page as soon as i press new e-mail VS. my internet's provider's e-mail service. Does anybody know how to get it set up correctly? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have never used my outlook since I bought it. edmundo wrote: > I bought this software over four years ago, but all of the sudden stopped > working. I can't ...

Outlook client on Terminal server
Hello, I installed the Outlook component on a terminal server and the majority of the profiles function well. On the other hand one of its profiles which I have just installed today does not function and I have the following error : "Outlook cannot charge CRM component .". I think that the problem must come owing to the fact that the mode of connection is not automatically because when I launch CRM on Internet Explorer it asks me user + password all the time . However I parameterized the properties of safety on "automatic Connection in Intranet". Would somebody have ...

Outlook using wireless internet connection
I recently changed from Comcast internet to a wireless connection thru Verizon wireless. I need to know how to set up Outlook to use Verizon wireless. Every time I try to reasearch it, all I get is how to set up for phone access, and that is not what I need. I just want to know how to set it up for my pc. -- Leah D. Leah D. wrote: > I recently changed from Comcast internet to a wireless connection > thru Verizon wireless. I need to know how to set up Outlook to use > Verizon wireless. Every time I try to reasearch it, all I get is > how to set up for phone acc...

Varias cuentas en el Outlook
Saludos, Tengo configurado mi outlook de la siguiente=20 forma: Una cuenta de Exchange para correo interno. y tres cuentas de correo externo. La cuenta de EXCHANGE esta PREDETERMINADA (DEFAULT) Esta la situaci=F3n: Todo funciona bien, cuando env=EDo un correo externo o=20 interno el sistema identifica por cual correo o servicio=20 de POP3 va a salir y el correo llega a su destino. Algo=20 importante para poder hacer llegar una cuenta real a=20 destinatario cambie el la cuenta del usuario en el=20 directorio activo el SMTP nombreusuario@DOMINIO.LOCAL por=20 una cuenta externa ya que como ten...

Hyperlinks stopped working in Outlook
My son has Office 2003 and all hyperlinks do not work in any of the Office products (minus IE). I have tried to reset all the defaults but this hasn't helped. Ideas? Thanks, Barry >-----Original Message----- >My son has Office 2003 and all hyperlinks do not work in >any of the Office products (minus IE). I have tried to >reset all the defaults but this hasn't helped. Ideas? > >Thanks, Barry >. > MINE is doing the same thing ...

Problems changing contact tolders in Outlook
Please take a look at this screen shot I made of a problem I have with Outlook. http://www.geocities.com/timko_steve/outlook.html What you're looking is me attempting to navigate from the default location for email addresses in Outlook to another location. For lack of a better term, I'll call them folders because to create a new one I create a new folder in Outlook's navigation pane. My default is called RGJ staff. I actually only have one of allrgj and one called Contacts, but several options show up the menu. Since techs upgraded me to Outlook 2003, it hangs and bombs any time I ...