Outlook Template Problem

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C55D55.E934EB90

I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over =
again.
I have read the instructions found here: =
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I =
cannot do this part...
  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type =
will already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a =
template.
 Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a =
template when there is no file extension for it.

Thank you,
Lady R
------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C55D55.E934EB90

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a document that I want to save =
as a template=20
to use over and over again.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have read the instructions found =
here: <A=20
href=3D"http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx"=
>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx</A>&nbs=
p;=20
but I&nbsp;cannot do this part...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>
<OL>
  <LI>In the <B class=3Dui>Save as type</B> box, click <B =
class=3Dui>Document=20
  Template</B>. This file type will already be selected if you are =
saving a file=20
  that you created as a template.</LI></OL>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3><FONT =
face=3DArial>&nbsp;<FONT size=3D2>Is=20
this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a =
template=20
when there is no file extension for it.</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>Thank you,</DIV>
<DIV>Lady R</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C55D55.E934EB90--

0
me5 (36)

Please provide more details on what you're trying to do. Outlook doesn't =
use document templates, although it does offer a feature for saving a =
custom form as an .oft file template.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message =
I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over =
again.
I have read the instructions found here: =
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I =
cannot do this part...
  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type =
will already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a =
template.
 Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a =
template when there is no file extension for it.

Thank you,
Lady R
0
suemvp (4038)
5/20/2005 8:31:05 PM
Hello Lady R,

What the instruction means is that you should select "Document Template."
The extension that will be used by the program is .dot.

The second part of the instruction applies to templates that you've already
created.  Since you're creating a new one, just ignore the second part (for
now).

Good luck!

Hal Lowe
http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
audios)
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
"Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
again.
I have read the instructions found here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
cannot do this part...
In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type will
already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a template.
 Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
template when there is no file extension for it.

Thank you,
Lady R

That's what I am trying to do.  However, I don't see the .oft file extension
as an option for saving as...
Thanks
Lady R

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
again.
I have read the instructions found here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
cannot do this part...
  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type will
already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a template.
 Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
template when there is no file extension for it.

Thank you,
Lady R

0
me5 (36)
5/20/2005 8:38:42 PM
Ok, when I tried that, and saved it as a .dot file, and then tried to access
it via New/Choose Form it didn't show up...
Thanks
Lady R

"Hal" <see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote in message
> Hello Lady R,
>
> What the instruction means is that you should select "Document Template."
> The extension that will be used by the program is .dot.
>
> The second part of the instruction applies to templates that you've
> already created.  Since you're creating a new one, just ignore the second
> part (for now).
>
> Good luck!
>
> Hal Lowe
> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
> audios)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
> again.
> I have read the instructions found here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
> cannot do this part...
> In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type will
> already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a
> template.
> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
> template when there is no file extension for it.
>
> Thank you,
> Lady R

0
me5 (36)
5/20/2005 8:39:33 PM
Hi Sue,

I followed the instruction link. It was for MS Word (as I recall it was for
the 2003 version)

So, I just (hopefully) clarified the instruction for her (see my other
post).

Regards,

[...]

I believe Sue has the right idea.  I am trying to create a custom template
email that I can use.  All I see when I choose New/Choose Form is .oft
files.  I do not have the option to save this template as an oft file and I
am wanting to know how to do this.

> Hi Sue,
>
> I followed the instruction link. It was for MS Word (as I recall it was
> for the 2003 version)
>
> So, I just (hopefully) clarified the instruction for her (see my other
> post).
>
> Regards,
>
> Hal Lowe
> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
> audios)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> Please provide more details on what you're trying to do. Outlook doesn't
> use document templates, although it does offer a feature for saving a
> custom form as an .oft file template.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
> again.
> I have read the instructions found here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
> cannot do this part...
>  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type will
> already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a
> template.
> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
> template when there is no file extension for it.
>
> Thank you,
> Lady R

0
me5 (36)
5/20/2005 8:43:55 PM
Hello again Lady R,

The computer I'm currently on has MS Word 2002, so this not be exactly
right, but it should be close enough.

You need to choose the "New from Template."  Use the general templates
section.  If you're template doesn't appear, just right click, select "Open"
and navigate to the location of your new template (hopefully, it's in the
template directory)

> Ok, when I tried that, and saved it as a .dot file, and then tried to
> access it via New/Choose Form it didn't show up...
> Thanks
> Lady R
>
> "Hal" <see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Lady R,
>>
>> What the instruction means is that you should select "Document Template."
>> The extension that will be used by the program is .dot.
>>
>> The second part of the instruction applies to templates that you've
>> already created.  Since you're creating a new one, just ignore the second
>> part (for now).
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Hal Lowe
>> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
>> audios)
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
>> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
>> again.
>> I have read the instructions found here:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
>> cannot do this part...
>> In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type will
>> already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a
>> template.
>> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
>> template when there is no file extension for it.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Lady R

Ah, okay.  The instructions you referenced were for MS Word 2003.  That's
why you were confused (and I have you the wrong help).

>I believe Sue has the right idea.  I am trying to create a custom template
>email that I can use.  All I see when I choose New/Choose Form is .oft
>files.  I do not have the option to save this template as an oft file and I
>am wanting to know how to do this.
> Thanks
> Lady R
>
> "Hal" <see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Sue,
>>
>> I followed the instruction link. It was for MS Word (as I recall it was
>> for the 2003 version)
>>
>> So, I just (hopefully) clarified the instruction for her (see my other
>> post).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hal Lowe
>> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
>> audios)
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
>>
>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>> Please provide more details on what you're trying to do. Outlook doesn't
>> use document templates, although it does offer a feature for saving a
>> custom form as an .oft file template.
>>
>> --
>> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>> Author of
>>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>>

>> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
>> again.
>> I have read the instructions found here:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
>> cannot do this part...
>>  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type
>> will already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a
>> template.
>> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
>> template when there is no file extension for it.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Lady R

Ok thanks.  I typed "Make a new Outlook 2002 template" in the search bar at
MS and that's what came up.  Sorry for the confusion...hopefully someone can
help.
Hugs,

> Ah, okay.  The instructions you referenced were for MS Word 2003.  That's
> why you were confused (and I have you the wrong help).
>
> Hal Lowe
> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
> audios)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
>
> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>I believe Sue has the right idea.  I am trying to create a custom template
>>email that I can use.  All I see when I choose New/Choose Form is .oft
>>files.  I do not have the option to save this template as an oft file and
>>I am wanting to know how to do this.
>> Thanks
>> Lady R
>>
>> "Hal" <see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Sue,
>>>
>>> I followed the instruction link. It was for MS Word (as I recall it was
>>> for the 2003 version)
>>>
>>> So, I just (hopefully) clarified the instruction for her (see my other
>>> post).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Hal Lowe
>>> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
>>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
>>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
>>> audios)
>>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
>>>
>>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>>> Please provide more details on what you're trying to do. Outlook doesn't
>>> use document templates, although it does offer a feature for saving a
>>> custom form as an .oft file template.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>>> Author of
>>>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>>>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>>>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>>>

>>> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
>>> again.
>>> I have read the instructions found here:
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
>>> cannot do this part...
>>>  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type
>>> will already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a
>>> template.
>>> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
>>> template when there is no file extension for it.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Lady R

0
me5 (36)
5/20/2005 8:55:05 PM
You don't use Word to create Outlook templates. You use Outlook. If it's =
a message template, you must first turn off WordMail as the editor using =
the Tools | OPtions | Mail Format dialog. You can then create a new =
message and will see the option to save as an .oft file.=20

http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=3D0TmhZVQ5&formname=3Dweb_email
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 =
background=20
> audios)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video =
textures)
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> Please provide more details on what you're trying to do. Outlook =
doesn't use=20
> document templates, although it does offer a feature for saving a =
custom=20
> form as an .oft file template.

>=20
> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message=20
> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and =
over=20
> again.
> I have read the instructions found here:=20
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but =
I=20
> cannot do this part...
>  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type =
will=20
> already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a =
template.
> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a =

> template when there is no file extension for it.
>=20
> Thank you,
> Lady R=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
5/20/2005 9:13:57 PM
I don't know what this "WordMail" is.  I don't see it in my
Tools|Options|Mail Format.  When I click there, all I see is...

Choose a format for out going mail.
Compost in this message format: ( I have HTML selected)
Then there are 2 checkboxes
Use MS Word to edit email messages (this is checked)
Use MS Word to read Rich Text email messages (this is NOT checked)

That is all that is there.  No mention of WordMail...

You don't use Word to create Outlook templates. You use Outlook. If it's a
message template, you must first turn off WordMail as the editor using the
Tools | OPtions | Mail Format dialog. You can then create a new message and
will see the option to save as an .oft file.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Hal" <see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote in message
> Hi Sue,
>
> I followed the instruction link. It was for MS Word (as I recall it was
> for
> the 2003 version)
>
> So, I just (hopefully) clarified the instruction for her (see my other
> post).
>
> Regards,
>
> Hal Lowe
> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
> audios)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> Please provide more details on what you're trying to do. Outlook doesn't
> use
> document templates, although it does offer a feature for saving a custom
> form as an .oft file template.

> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
> again.
> I have read the instructions found here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
> cannot do this part...
>  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type will
> already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a
> template.
> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
> template when there is no file extension for it.
>
> Thank you,
> Lady R

0
me5 (36)
5/20/2005 9:21:51 PM
Yes, I'm well aware of that.  You don't have to be a complete ass about it.
Well, if that's what the people in this newsgroup are like. I'm outta here.

Hal

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
You don't use Word to create Outlook templates. You use Outlook. If it's a
message template, you must first turn off WordMail as the editor using the
Tools | OPtions | Mail Format dialog. You can then create a new message and
will see the option to save as an .oft file.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Hal" <see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote in message
> Hi Sue,
>
> I followed the instruction link. It was for MS Word (as I recall it was
> for
> the 2003 version)
>
> So, I just (hopefully) clarified the instruction for her (see my other
> post).
>
> Regards,
>
> Hal Lowe
> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
> audios)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> Please provide more details on what you're trying to do. Outlook doesn't
> use
> document templates, although it does offer a feature for saving a custom
> form as an .oft file template.

> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
> again.
> I have read the instructions found here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
> cannot do this part...
>  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type will
> already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a
> template.
> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
> template when there is no file extension for it.
>
> Thank you,
> Lady R

> Use MS Word to edit email messages (this is checked)

MS Word to edit email message =3D WordMail=20

Turn it off.=20

> [...]
>> document templates, although it does offer a feature for saving a =
custom
>> form as an .oft file template.
>=20
>>
>> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and =
over
>> again.
>> I have read the instructions found here:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but =
>> cannot do this part...
>>  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type =
will
>> already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a=20
>> template.
>> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as =
>> template when there is no file extension for it.

0
suemvp (4038)
5/21/2005 12:20:08 AM
I for one appreciate your help.  I hope you do stop back by so you can read
this.
Thank you, Hal...
> Yes, I'm well aware of that.  You don't have to be a complete ass about
> it. Well, if that's what the people in this newsgroup are like. I'm outta
> here.
>
> Hal
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> You don't use Word to create Outlook templates. You use Outlook. If it's a
> message template, you must first turn off WordMail as the editor using the
> Tools | OPtions | Mail Format dialog. You can then create a new message
> and will see the option to save as an .oft file.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Hal" <see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Sue,
>>
>> I followed the instruction link. It was for MS Word (as I recall it was
>> for
>> the 2003 version)
>>
>> So, I just (hopefully) clarified the instruction for her (see my other
>> post).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hal Lowe
>> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
>> audios)
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
>>
>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>> Please provide more details on what you're trying to do. Outlook doesn't
>> use
>> document templates, although it does offer a feature for saving a custom
>> form as an .oft file template.
>

>> "Lady Rhyanon" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over
>> again.
>> I have read the instructions found here:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx  but I
>> cannot do this part...
>>  1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type
>> will
>> already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a
>> template.
>> Is this something that comes with Office XP? Or how can I save it as a
>> template when there is no file extension for it.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Lady R

0
me5 (36)

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Excel button problem

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

message delivery problems

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

Problem with Range

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03