Outlook Tasks #6

I'm using Outlook 2003 on an Exchange Server.

I'm a manager and I assign a task to someone and they
accept it. They leave the company without the task being
marked completed. I wish to "recall" the task (similar to
recalling a message) and assign it to someone else.
0
anonymous (74722)

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

Need a time-date stamp for MS Outlook, please
I apologize in advance if I am sending this request to the wrong place... I would like to have a button in my MS Outlook 2000 toolbar, that when clicked, it will place the DATE/TIME on (whatever) the cursor is located. I work (volunteer) with a non-for-profit Church organization that has no money to pay programmers, to develop (what I was told) this simple task; therefore, I was advised to use this Internet avenue, and see if I could get a script of add-in (I apologize if I am using the wrong terminology - I am not very knowledgeable with computers either). I would like this featur...

task categories
In calendar view, my task categories start in the expanded mode, is there a way to change this so that they open in the collapsed mode? ...

Office Outlook 2007
In Task section, when you click on your client and add photos of their purchases, they just show as generic icons. Is it possible to make them show as real thumbnails? Annoys me a lot being an artist. You are in the wrong newsgroup Try here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&cat=en_US_db03bd1f-73aa-41e1-abfd-27a6e3c352e5&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Marice" <Marice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E96D9300-619C-43C2-8503-17C12A2883CB@microsoft.com... ...

outlook rules question
is there a way to specify to look for a word in a subject/body from the beginning of a line etc. ppcguy <goahead@hehe.com> wrote: > is there a way to specify to look for > a word in a subject/body from the beginning > of a line etc. No. -- Brian Tillman Yes I use this type of rule on the subject line and it is also available looking for a word in either the subject or the body. First serach for the word plus a space say "Outlook " then specify what action you want and then when you click next specify the exception which in this case wouldd be " Outlook...

Outlook is starting up very slow
Hello What's wrong with my Outlook ? It take salmost 2 minutes to open and to see my e-mail And i even do not automatically get check for new mail I just wait 2 mins and then hit the send/receive button That also takes maybe 2 to 3 minutes to get all my e-mails in Maybe my inbox is too big ? There are maybe 900 emails in it The oldest email in it is almost one year old. How can i make my inbox smaller and still have fast access to these e-mails ? Another issue: I have 19 e-mail accounts. Does that influence the speed ? Version of OL? The size of the pst is? (Properties) in mb ...

PROBLEMS CLOSING OUTLOOK
When I close down Outlook it looks like it closes the normal way but when I go to shut down my computer I ALWAYS get an error box that pops up and says: end program - OUTLOOK.EXE Then I click on end program and it says it can't end program and the computer shuts down. ?????????? Please HELP!!! Please post your Outlook version when posting to this group. There are currently 5 versions and 7 modes of Outlook so making us guess is not nice. :) Common reasons why Outlook does not close cleanly (depends on versions also) 1. PDA docked and set to synch continuously 2. Fax softwar...

Outlook 2003 Rules Confusing
I have a series of rules, some dealing with spam filtering and others dealing with organizing mail to different accounts to go into different inboxes. I'm trying to figure out the ordering of rules because the following is happening. An email comes into account X - Rule says move it to Inbox X The same email contains some words identified as spam mail - Rule says move it to Junk Folder Problem: I end up with two copies of email - one in Junk Folder (correct action) and one in my Inbox X (wrong action). It doesn't seem to matter which rule I have first. I would have thought that...

Outlook sync error
I have installed Activsync 3.7, and I can connect to my HP 5450 no problem, until I tick the sync with notes box then I get the following OUTLOOK error? "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator. I have restarted six times and no change. Please has anyone got any ideas, I am running Windows XP, Office XP and norton internet security. Thanks Shane You might want to post this to microsoft.public.pocketpc.a...

Outlook 2003 Group View
Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up group by the week instead of the day. Any advice would be appreciated. "Jerry" <Jerry@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Xns9B8E80E2D9C6Ajonseynospamherecom@216.196.97.131... > Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up > group > by the week instead of the day. I don't think that's possible. The "Group By Date" filter will show you "Last Week", "Two Weeks Ago", "Three Weeks Ago", and "Last Month" as well as ...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

exporting contacts from newer Outlook to older Outlook
A friend is attempting to copy his Contacts from one Outlook installation to another. He exported his Contacts to a *.pst file and then attempted to import them but got a message to the effect that the pst file was not compatible with the version of Outlook he was attempting to import into. The receiving Outlook is Outlook 2002. He isn't sure, but thinks that the originating Outlook is Outlook 2003. What's the recommended way to get Contacts from a newer version, such as Outlook 2003, into Outlook 2002? -- Lem Lem wrote: > A friend is attempting to copy his Contacts fro...

outlook blocked access to potentially unsafe item, archive .pst
Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. "Egro" <Egro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BC04C1-B005-43CF-ABA5-9C171EA74B9F@microsoft.com... > Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. As far as I can tell, there is no error message in Outlook 2003 that states a file "is enormous". You should zip a PST before sending or rename it to, say, ".psx" or ".ps_" before you send it. The recipient can undo the steps you took to send it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment blah.url
How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Googy <googy55@pacbell.net> asked: | How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? Me to. I have Outlook XP and getting quit tired of not being able to get need attachments. I hope somebody has the answer. OL 2000 SP-3 Corproate/Workgroup with security update Thanks GG "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Miscellaneous Questions for Outlook Gurus
Will be impressed if anyone can get all of these. I'm using Outlook 2007 (in Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro via Parallels)... 1) It seems that e-mail search presents two options, "current folder" and "all folders." Is there a way to search/select "current folder and all subfolders"? 2) Often times when I switch from Mail to Calendar or Mail to Contacts, and then switch back to Mail, I find that some of my e-mail account groups have been collapsed. This seems to happen for no apparent reason and gets rather frustrating. It's an issue I ha...

recurrent tasks
my recurrent tasks are not recurring, what am I doing wrong??? Create a new task. Fill in at least the subject area. Click on recurrance, select a recurrance pattern at the top of the screen. On the bottom of the window select an end date - how long you want to recurrance to carry on. Clcik OK, Save and Close. If you are looking at your task list, the future tasks may not show up because of the View setting you have in place - You may be looking at only Active Tasks. Hope that helps. Vicky "Annie" wrote: > my recurrent tasks are not recurring, what am I doing w...

PRB : Backup Exchange Task never ends
hello I have configured a daily backup task, with the NTBackup program on a SBS 2003 Server. This task is configured to automatically run daily and to backup the Exchange database informations store on a shared folder that is on a backup server. If you run the task manually all is ok and the backup is done after 1 hour, but if the task is run from the system at the specified time, is still running even after 24 hours... What is wrong in the scheduled task or is it an Exchange problem ? thanks for any help ! "Fuochi" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in news:OkL7G1gAGHA.5...

Outlook 2002
I use outlook 2002 on a Windows NT SP6a machine. While using outlook, i have noticed that sometimes the keys c, v, t and h stop working. however, i can use them in notepad. i can also use them in outlook if i put the caps lock on and use the shift key. if i restart outlook, the problem goes away. sometimes the problem goes away as well on its own without having to restart. any idea what is happening? language is set as english (Australia) ...

Outlook 2000, large pst file slow to open or corrupt
Hi, this is a very frustratring problem I hope someone canhelp us with. I've established that the outlook.pst file is either too large of corrupt. I've run scanpst which found no problem, the pst file is 2gb! should this cause a problem? I can't reduce the size of the file, although is will open, it won't let me delete of move anything or even archive - reporting that it can;t access the pst file although I can open it and browse contacts and messages (it's very slow doing this though) How can I reduce the size of this file in another way? See if this info helps: http:...

Outlook System Folders
Does anyone know how i can rename the Contacts folder in Outlook 2000 without having to re-install office. This is a system folder and it will not allow you to rename or delete it. ...

Outlook 2002 needs to close error message
I am a new user and am using in combination with ACT!. Outlook 2002 does two things consistently which slows down my work: 1. 2-3 times an hour I receive the message "Outlook 2002 needs to close" this often happens in the middle of writing an email or saving contacts to ACT! 2. Each time I close out of Outlook it sends an error saying that it needs to restart the session, do I want to send a report? (I've sent dozens.) I end up waiting for the restart and then closing which it does promptly. How do I eliminate these problems, especially #1? Thank you ...

task assignment
Hi All! I have a scenario in which users of Exchange server wants to assign task to user of sendmail in different company & different domain. When they are assigning tasks to them they are reaching them as e-mail attachment. Is this possible. Absar "Absar" <Absar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a scenario in which users of Exchange server wants to assign task to >user of sendmail in different company & different domain. When they are >assigning tasks to them they are reaching them as e-mail attachment. Is this >possible. Tasks are just m...

Outlook Web Access
Hello all, Outlook Web Access has been rolled out to my organization. It's particularly useful in areas where PCs are shared among numerous people and are logged onto the network with generic IDs. The problem I'm experiencing is that when an account is ready for a password change, there is no notification to the user before logging into Outlook Web Access. This is a problem because after three checks of their email, they can no longer get into their email. Now I'm not an Exchange server person, but I need to get some ideas to present to the Networking Staff. Does anyo...

outlook or ISP?
Our bulk mails keep bouncing with this: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Spring Teams Sent: 19/09/2005 5:09 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Bill Powell on 19/09/2005 5:10 PM 452 Too many recipients Looks like the ISP (Bigpond in Australia) but note we did not have this problem before switching from OE to Outlook. Derrick ISP. Bigpond place quite a few restrictions on email. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Trumps - Derrick Browne" <trumps@trumps.net.au> wrote in message news:E6OXe.416$0E5.210@news-server.bigpond.net...

Maximum Character Limit on the USerAgent String in IE 6
Hi, I am trying to access a web application which only supports IE version 5.01 and above. In order to perform this check we use USerAgent string to check the IE version and then allow the users to access the application. While testing we found out that on Windows XP IE 6.0 when the user agent is beyong 256 character length, the rest of the useragent string is getting truncated and it is only returning Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;). However this is not the case with IE 7.0 and IE 8.0. Is this a known issue in IE 6.0 and do this have any workaroound? Any pointers to ...