OUTLOOK TASKS #4

EVERYTIME I TRY TO OPEN THE TASKS ON MY OUTLOOK THE
HOURGLASS APPEARS FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN IT SAYS
MICROSOFT OUTLOOK HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO
CLOSE.  WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.  IT DOES THIS
EVERYTIME!  HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW
HOW TO FIX IT? (IT JUST ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED DOING
THIS AFTER MONTHS OF WORKING JUST FINE!)

THE TECHNICAL ERROR SIGNATURE IS AS FOLLOWS:
APPNAME: OUTLOOK.EXE
MODVER:  10.0.2627.1
APPVER:  10.0.2627.1
OFFSET:  001EE955
MODNAME: OUTLIIB.DLL

THANKS!
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook #306
on my work computer i can set recurring appointments, i cant om my laptop is it different softwear or am i doing something wrong ? the attempt is to try to set recurring appointments 6 days apart ? "bg" <bg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64A459B8-D3E4-4468-ABB0-DAA7DDFAB496@microsoft.com... > on my work computer i can set recurring appointments, i cant om my laptop > is > it different softwear or am i doing something wrong ? > > the attempt is to try to set recurring appointments 6 days apart ? So, the exact same appointment you can creat...

Opening Outlook notes in Word
I used to use my Palm software to crease "Memos." Now that I am synching my Treo with Outlook my memos are now "Notes." Problem is, now I can't view and edit my notes in MSWord. How can I convert an individual Outlook note into a Word document? It was simple with Palm: just drag it to the Word button. Please help! Copy and paste the the text into Word and then copy it back again when done editing. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &quo...

Adding address to Outlook from Web
I search for phone numbers on the web, like InfoSpace White Pages/Yellow Pages, MSN, etc... and when the name, address and phone number would come up, there would be an icon that read "Add to Outlook", I would click that and it would create a "vcf" file, then I would save to Desktop and then import into Outlook. I can't find that feature anymore. I've tried several phone number look up web pages. Anyone know of a web page that offers the "Add to Outlook"? That makes it handy to add addresses to my contacts folder. Thanks! DAvid ----------------------...

predefined subject for new task
Hi: I would like to know if there is a way to predefine a subject for a new task, on other applications when you try to schedule a new task you can select it from a combo list box or write it at the moment, but on MS CRM when you try define a new task you need to write it always. Please, if you know how to do it, let me know. Thanks in advance ...

How do I use the Outlook Address Book in Word 2007
Our company used to use Groupwise along with Word 2007. I could do individual envelopes using the address book on Groupwise. Now we have Outlook 2007 and my address book was migrated to Word. But when I try to do an individual envelope and click on the Outlook Address Book, it says there are no entries in the address book. Do I have to re-do all my addresses in Outlook? Or is there a way to access this address book? Do you have a choice to use the Outlook Contacts Folder? Try that instead if you do. Also, ensure your Outlook address Book Service is installed. -- Milly Stap...

Task 210: Makes Items Inactive Filters
I would like to know where to find the .QRP file that contains the filters for Task 210: Make Item Inactive. I have added filters to reports in HQ by modifying the QRP file for the specific report however I can't seem to find the QRP that the Task 210 uses to apply filters. Anyone know where I can change that? Thanks in advance -- Joe Joey - I don't believe there is a qrp file that the task "reads" when it runs, I think its an internal function that gets executed within the database. Having said that, I do not believe there is a way (out of the box) to edit the filte...

Outlook
Can anyone help me? I just realized that my Outlook/hotmail account has been sending attachment attachments as *.dat files. This occurs randomly, and I don't how to prevent it. I read the article, "How to Prevent the Winmail.dat File from Being Sent to Internet Users" http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=138053. But, I don't understand how to configure my personal address book. I don't even use it. I have contacts set up in Outlook, but I had no idea this was affecting the way their email messages were sent. I use my hotmail account to sent out my resumes...

Log off and exit just hangs outlook.exe.
I have a user who everytime they log off and exit outlook, the program continues to run and the exiting screen remains until task manager is used to end the process. I fixed this once by deleting the user profile and with that all the mail and desktop settings. Does anyone know of a fix that does not involve deleting the users profile as well as why removing the user profile works. ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't understand vCalendar entries any more !?!
I occasionally need to copy/paste calendar entries from another calendar application into my private Outlook. Until recently - using Outlook 2002/XP - this worked fine. Since I switched to Outlook 2007 this does not work any more. Instead of pasting a new appointment I only get a new appointment with no title, no date, no other field filled except the comment field which contains the entire (and - as far as I can see: valid!) vCalendar entry. Can one somehow teach OL2007 to accept and properly interpret such entries? Michael I just learned that I can paste that calen...

When I close Outlook it swaps my connection settings back from LAN
I have recently set up a wireless connection for my laptop and have changed the settings in Outlook's e-mail connection tab to "Connect using my LAN. When I close and re-open Outlook, it changes the setting back to the dial-up one . I am use two laptops that I do not use simultaneously.Grateful for any enlightenment . ...

Script error when tyring to create new crm contact with outlook
I have just installed CRM and web interface works ok, now I started installing outlook client and it wen't ok, only needed to install xml core separately. Everything looked great until I started testing from Outlook client, I made new crm appointment and then I tried to add new contact, I click from button labeled regarding, then from window that opened I have tried to choose account and also contact, error is same, anyway after choosing contact or account I click New... soon new window opens labeled quick create account/contact, then Internet Explorer script error box opens readin...

Outlook Express wants to load when Outlook 2003 starts
Hi, Everytime I load Outlook 2003, the "Manage Identities" box shows up for Outlook Express within two seconds. Anyone know why OE is trying to start when I load up Outlook 2003? Thanks Which application is set as the Default (in Internet Explorer, Tools>Internet Options>Programs tab)? I'm wondering if a shared resource isn't being touched and you have some sort of registration issue. You might try toggling the default, click Apply and then restart Outlook 2003. I'll check further with some solution notes when I get into the office. Let me know what ha...

Runtime Error When Closing Outlook
When i close Micrsoft Outlook 2000, I receive the following error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (Path to Outlook.exe) Abnormal Program Termination. I tried to turn off the Exchang Scan in the Add-In Manager. What else can I do? I am getting the same error that Linda has described. This just started two weeks ago. I have tried reinstalling Outlook twice without success. Does anyone have a solution to this annoying problem? ...

how do i use my yahoo email with outlook?
i have attepmted to set up a pop account in outlook, but when sending an email it is having trouble recognizing the outgoing address On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:43:36 -0800, nichole123 <nichole123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have attepmted to set up a pop account in outlook, but when sending an >email it is having trouble recognizing the outgoing address first, have you paid for a yahoo pop account? you can SEND e-mail from your yahoo e-mail address but you can't RECEIVE yahoo e-mail from that account without paying yahoo for that. second, the POP (inbound) server ...

Outlook 2000 opens slowly
When opening Outlook 2000 it takes approix. 1 and a half min. to open. I am using MS Exchange server and have tried it with multiple logins. It is only slow on one computer. It will also open emails slowly. I pinged the server and it was still normal. ...

Outlook 2003 / Clock gif missing in Outlook Today View
After I installed Office 2003, my Outlook Today bar is missing the clock.gif (outlook icon). I also cannot change the styles in the customize settings. The following MSKB article was written for Outlook 2002 but it should work for Outlook 2003 as well. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305970&Product=out -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a5801c3b91d$2ba723f0$a001280a@phx.gbl, John C. wrote: > After I installed Of...

Undeleting the mails from outlook express
What are the ways to undelete a message from Outlook express if it has deleted from delete folder also. Reply same here or thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -S...

Synchronize outlook between two machines
I use XP Professional and Outlook 2002. I want to synchronize my outlook files between two machines over a LAN. I do not have Microsoft Exchange Server. How do I do this? This type of synchronization is not built into Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm for possible solutions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis Holstein" <holsteindk@aol.com> wrote in message news:06aa01c3b3cb$480424f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I use XP Professional and Outlook 2002. I want to > synchronize my outlook files between two machines over a > LAN. I do not have Micros...

Outlook keeps reloading all messages
I have just installed Outlook 2002 on a new computer Every time I hit the send/receive button, Outlook reloads all the messages that are on the server, more than 1200 at this time How do I fix that ? Thanks to all in advance -- beaureg beaureg wrote: > I have just installed Outlook 2002 on a new computer On a new computer running WHAT operating system? > Every time I hit the send/receive button, Outlook reloads all the > messages that are on the server, more than 1200 at this time > How do I fix that ? Did you alter the default behavior for the POP e-mail account defined...

Save as DBF 4
Hi, Can anyone help me, I am required to save my spreadsheet as a "DBF 4" document. I don't see this option in my "save as" drop down menu. Please reply Thank you -- smile using Excel 2007? http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2006/08/24/718786.aspx israel wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me, I am required to save my spreadsheet as a "DBF 4" > document. > I don't see this option in my "save as" drop down menu. > > Please reply > Thank you I believe most database apps can import comma delimi...

collapse a specific mail folder from a macro in Outlook 2007
Hi, My Outlook 2007 archives emails to a "archivel" folder tree structure that is parallel to my mailbox folders. I've written a macro that switches between a folder and its archive (see below) As a safety measure, I want the "archivel" folder collapsed altogether when I switch back to the non-archive folder, so that I don't confuse its folders with the normal ones - any Idea how I do this? Thanx in advance. ---------------------------------- Sub SwitchBetweenCurrentFolderAndItsArchive() Dim names As Collection Set names = New Collection Dim cf As Folder Set cf =...

Can I send a task to a person in another company?
Hi, As the subject says really! So far ( and I believe this is by design ) when I send a task to a contact on another exchange server that has _nothing_ to do with us, the task is recieved but as an email with an attachment. I just need to someone to confirm this for me! Many thanks, Oliver Double-click the recipient's email address and make sure that it's set = specifically for rich-text content.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Use...

Outlook will not start and other things
No sure where to start here. I am trying to fix a PC with Outlook 2002 that seems to have a mind of its own. Like today it refuses to start at all. I get the logo screen with an hour glass and that's it. Task manager says "Not Responding" . Wait a few minutes and then shut it down via TM and then start again, this time a message "failed to start correctly last time - start in safe mode?" Click OK, same thing - logo screen plus hour glass and again TM says "not responding". Sometimes I gat an error on starting Outlook that offers to run the Repair tool. ...

Outlook is not working when I lock the computer (Win2k)
Dear Gurus, I can't receive any messages when I lock my computer (Win2k). How to overcome this? Thanks in advance. Warm Regards, Sathish. ...

MS CRM desktop client for Outlook available via internet connectio
Hi, We are currently using an online type setup of CRM desktop client on Outlook 2007. It works perfectly when the laptop is used inside the network. But the add-in does not work when the laptop is used outside the network (unless we connect to the network via VPN). Is there a way for this add-in to work offsite without using VPN as long as we have an internet connection? Thanks. Any idea will be very much appreciated. JoF Unfortunately HTTP/RDP does not work with the Outlook Client for MS DYNAMICS CRM The MS Dynamics CRM MOBILE client on the other hand does offer direct access to...