Outlook slow down

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Outlook slowing
down?

When I boot up Outlook will run fine. If I close it an
open it again it will run like an old dog. Taking about
10 seconds to open a message. If I leave it even longer I
will receive a message saying 'Operation Failed' every
time I try to send/receive messages. The only way to
rectify this is to log off and on again.

I have tried reinstalling it and after a while the same
problem occurs.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers.

Myles.

Hope you can at least give us the version of Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Myles <gareth@garethmyles.com> asked:
| Is anyone else experiencing problems with Outlook slowing
| down?
|
| When I boot up Outlook will run fine. If I close it an
| open it again it will run like an old dog. Taking about
| 10 seconds to open a message. If I leave it even longer I
| will receive a message saying 'Operation Failed' every
| time I try to send/receive messages. The only way to
| rectify this is to log off and on again.
|
| I have tried reinstalling it and after a while the same
| problem occurs.
|
| Hope someone can help.
|
| Cheers.
|
| Myles.

0
MillyS4407 (663)
2/28/2004 3:42:17 PM
Sorry, I forgot. Its 2002

intact.

>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
>Myles <gareth@garethmyles.com> asked:
>| Is anyone else experiencing problems with Outlook=20
slowing
>| down?
>|
>| When I boot up Outlook will run fine. If I close it an
>| open it again it will run like an old dog. Taking about
>| 10 seconds to open a message. If I leave it even=20
longer I
>| will receive a message saying 'Operation Failed' every
>| time I try to send/receive messages. The only way to
>| rectify this is to log off and on again.
>|
>| I have tried reinstalling it and after a while the same
>| problem occurs.
>|
>| Hope someone can help.
>|
>| Cheers.
>|
>| Myles.=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/28/2004 7:24:24 PM
Under tools->options->advanced, do you have Instant Messenger integration
active?  If yes, uncheck it or go into IM and select Run in Background.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
asked:
| Sorry, I forgot. Its 2002

0
MillyS4407 (663)

Outlook PRF
I'm looking at the following page. http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/71b4efb2-539a-49eb-935e-3222aed9f6a21033.mspx?mfr=true I am trying to import a PRF to enable Exchange Cache Mode. Can anyone tell me how the following works? In the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Setup subkey, set the value of ImportPRF to a string value that specifies the name and path of the PRF file. For example, set ImportPRF to \\server1\share\outlook.prf Does the user run outlook or does it force run automatically. Are there any ways of doing this where the user h...

To export to outlook calendar
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C6655A.82BB1AC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit .. what is the procedure to prepare a list/range so the fields successfully export into the outlook calendar fields? ------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C6655A.82BB1AC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" = xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" = xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-mic...

How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook?
How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? First export from WP to a CSV file (comma separated values) that OL can import. "Campross" wrote: > How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? ...

Outlook 2000 won't start #4
All of a sudden my Outlook will not start up. The main window appears and then disappears after about 30 seconds with no error message. Scanpst found no problems. Virus protection is on (or it should have been) if my 4-year old didn't turn it off somehow. I tried re-installing Outlook but it didn't help. Funny thing I found was that my outlook.pst file is now in blue text rather than black. There's also a file called extend in the same folder in blue text as well. Also, the Outllook folder which houses the outlookpst file is in blue text and all the other folders are ...

ability to view hotmail messages through outlook suddenly stopped
I have two email accounts, one that I access through my ISP and the other at Hotmail. Both email accounts have been set to open in Outlook (Outlook 2000 on Win XP OS). Until four days ago, I never had a problem viewing or responding to hotmail messages. Then suddenly, I could view the sender and subject of a message on the hotmail account viewed and formatted to work in Outlook, and I could delete an unread message, but I cannot open or view contents of any message received. Now I have to login to my hotmail account separately and view messages in a browser format, and it is driving me crazy....

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error #2
I have not been able to keep Outlook up on our server, it closes soon after it is opened with this error that I cannot understand. It says: Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What does it mean and how can I fix it? Does anyone have any idea? Thank you! ...

Cannot open Microsoft Office Outlook
Can someone please help??? I'm having problems opening microsoft office outlook... I need it to backup the contacts from my PDA mobile phone. I've not used outlook on my laptop before. I use outlook express to send and recieve emails normally. when I called my mobile phone company, they told me that I need to have microsoft office outlook to backup my contacts. my problem is this, when I try and open microsoft outlook, this is the message that comes up. 1. "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" Then i have to press "Work offline" button and the ne...

Emailing from outlook
I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use hot mail. The messages will just sit in the out box. I have no problem sening messages if I go directly to hot mail and send a message. Any suggestions? Yes - post your version of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Marc asked: | I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use | ...

Outlook blocked attachment
Dear All, How do I get Outlook to not bloack a .mdb attachment? Timothy http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm Ray at work "Timothy Graf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:083801c3a2f7$168ee070$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > How do I get Outlook to not bloack a .mdb attachment? > > Timothy ...

Outlook sending mail... odd issue
Win XP Pro Outlook 2002 Outlook - User is able to create a new message, add any attachment they wish and send the email without any problems. However When the user Right Clicks on an Icon and selects Send To Mail Recipient the new message appears with the attachment, they fill in the TO field and click send. The window goes away as it should and then within 5 seconds the desktop is forzen.. just the desktop. You can Alt Tab to open apps, including Outlook. The Explorer.exe process is getting Hammered. 80+ CPU in Taskmanager. I endtask exporer.exe then launch a new task of it and the issue...

Opening Mail Attachment
This is a minor issue but when I am confronted with an e-mail attachment the 'Opening Mail Attachment' box is displayed. The 'Always ask before opening this type of file' is always grayed out. How do I change that? And 'Save it to disk' is always checked and I rarely save it to disk, I just want to open it. Can I change that as well? Thanks, DH There's some attachment advice for OL2002 here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dave Horne" <dave.horne@home.nl> wrote in message news:eej9vlKjHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

Outlook Problem #28
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user who when closes Outlook and opens it again, it says that = the Exchange server is no longer available. I setup the Outlook to = point to the Exchange again and it works fine. But when you close it, = it does it again. Any ideas! --=20 Maurice ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Outlook 2002 retrieving duplicate messages on startup
I'd be very grateful for help on this problem that has been seriously bugging me. When I start up Outlook, it downloads all the mail from my POP3 server, not just the new mail, and so I get many, many duplicates. So long as Outlook stays running, though, it behaves fine, with each send/receive just getting the new mails, as it should. I use two POP3 accounts, and both send through the same SMTP server (which requires me to log on). Sometimes it gets duplicates from one account, sometimes from the other, sometimes both, but always from at least one. The same mail settings work fine...

Outlook #211
When I try to load Outlook I get an error message that sez "an extension failed to initialze" ...

Outlook crashing #4
I have a user that is using Windows XP Professional with Office XP Professional. Whenever the user is attempting to access her SENT folder it crashes and shuts down Outlook. I've checked in the event viewer and the error is "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.6626.0. faulting module outllib.dll, version 10.0.6515.0, fault address 0x0003aadf" Event ID: 1000 Source: Microsoft Office 10 Type: Error Category: None I looked this error up on the Knowledgebase and it says that this is a known problem and the Office XP SP3 should fix this problem, I went ahead and i...

Outlook Archiving #3
Am running MS Office 2000 on HP Pavilion laptop with Windows Me. Occassionally when entering Outlook, I get a message box that asks "Would you like to Archive now?" In the past, when I click "Yes", all was well. Now, I click Yes, but then get another message box that states "Unable to archive one or more folders". I note that I have a file titled Archive.pst which contains 22MB. How can I clear my machine to archive data from Outlook...if indeed I need to do so...?? Help, please. JWC Hi, If you select from the menu: Tools> Options> Other(tab)...

Outlook hangs on start
I'm beating my head against a wall on this one. When I start Outlook, it hangs for about a minute and then tells me it can't open the default folders. There is no outcmd.dat file since it's a new install (I looked). It won't open in safe mode either. I also upgraded it from Office 2000 to Office XP and I still the same problem. I am connecting to Exchange 5.5 from Windows XP Professional. As I said this is a fresh OS and Office install so I don't see why this is happening. Any help is greatly appreciated, Jake ...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Outlook 2000 client locks up when logging into an Exchange 2000 server
An outlook 2000 client locks up when trying to logon to an Exchange 2000 server.Apparently the user was using outlook when the server was rebooted. Once the Exchange server came back up, the outlook client would hang upon trying to connect to the exchange server. Is there a file which resides on the client with cached information about the clients exchange account? If so where is it located? Typically Outlook would usually just timeout, will Outlook start if using safe mode, can you open another user Outlook profile on this computer or open this problematic profile on another computer. ...

Outlook as a sales tool
I would like to use Outlook on desktops and pocket pcs to track sales enquiries, sales leads, diaries, orders and all of the functions of a sales office. I would prefer to use Outlook in stead of ACT! or Goldmine and I wondered if anyone knew whether Outlook has the full functionality that I'd need; whether anyone knew any companies using Outlook for this purpose, and whether there were any consultants or agents who could discuss this with me. Thanks Did you check out Outlook 2003 with BCM already? http://www.microsoft.com/office/outlook/contactmanager/prodinfo/default.mspx --...

Exchange 2000 outlook 2000 folder permissions (Urgent)
We have just noticed that one of our directors calendars can be seen by all staff. We set permissions at the calendar level in outlook for people to be reviewers. We granted full mailbox access via exchange 2000 only to his secretary. Which permission on the mailbox might cause this to happen we need to turn it off immediately so that only his secretary can see the mailbox calendar -- Kath "We set permissions at the calendar level in outlook for people to be reviewers." This means they can review the calendar content. There was a bug allowing people to even see private c...

Right Click "Save Target As" Doesn't Work In Outlook
When I try to download a file that's part of the body of text in my email... it doesn't allow me to do anything. When I right Click over the link "Save Target As" never appears. All I see is "Select" "View Source" "Edit Message". Any suggestions on changes I can make to correct this? Thanks Jay ...

Outlook won't accept Word as Email editor
I have been successfully using WORD as my email editor in Outlook 2000. I just upgraded to Outlook 2002, and I have lost the option in Outlook 2002 to "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages." The option is grey-out. I have tried to activate by changing the "Compose in this message formt" between the options of Rich text, HTML, and plain text, but this had made no difference. I don't use a signature, as I am aware that this can cause a problem with trying to use WORD as the email editor. I have looked at my WORD options, and everything appears OK. I wil...

Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]? Outlook 2003 SP1 sending through wrong account, no hotfix planned ?
Hi, I have discovered today that my Outlook 2003 SP1 is sending some e-mails from the wrong account (because the recipient sees "on behalf of" that I am not using) and after spending a couple of hours searching in Google I have found the following thread where Jeff Stephenson [MSFT] posted some useful information: http://groups.google.es/groups?hl=es&lr=&threadm=3C3F7F03-B617-47B9-894A-AF242EE6BC13%40microsoft.com&rnum=10&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dmicrosoft.public.outlook%2B2003%2BJeff%2BStephenson%2BSMTP%26hl%3Des%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26scoring%3Dd To summarize, the prob...

Why is 2007 so Damn Slow???
I recently upgraded from 2000 to 2007, and I notice a HUGE difference in speed. 07 takes forever to load, but so did 00 if I had a very large spreadsheet, but once it was loaded I could zip around very quickly from page to page. With 07, once it's loaded it can stall forever going from page to page or even cell to cell. And to close it out takes forever as well. Sometimes it will just close out in stages. Normally you might think this is due to not enough ram, but I've got a gig of ram in my laptop and I do diagnostic checks several times a week. It was never a problem with 00. Am...