Outlook Signatures #4

I have 3 mail accounts, each with a different signature.

When I am composing a new email and select a different
account to send from the sinature does not change.

I can of course change it manually, but it doesn't work
automaically.

Any suggestions please ?

Graham Redman <grahamredman@btinternet.com> wrote:

> I have 3 mail accounts, each with a different signature.
>
> When I am composing a new email and select a different
> account to send from the sinature does not change.
>
> I can of course change it manually, but it doesn't work
> automaically.

Prior to Outlook 2003, Outlook did not have account-specific signatures.
What version are you using?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/1/2004 6:33:43 PM
If you want Outlook 2003 to switch signatures when you switch accounts,
you'll
need to set up a default signature for every account and use WordMail as
your editor.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Graham Redman <grahamredman@btinternet.com> wrote:

>> I have 3 mail accounts, each with a different signature.
>>
>> When I am composing a new email and select a different
>> account to send from the sinature does not change.
>>
>> I can of course change it manually, but it doesn't work
>> automaically.
>
> Prior to Outlook 2003, Outlook did not have account-specific signatures.
> What version are you using?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
suemvp (4038)

outlook.pst password protected, forgot password
I have recently upgraded my computer. Previously, I was using office 97. The outlook.pst was password protected. I have transferred the file to the new computer and got rid of the old computer. I cannot read the file without the password which I have forgotten. How can I read my data. Any help will be appreciated. TIA Look for and download this: pst19upg.exe Follow the simple instructions and you can reset password for PST. =) -C- "Davy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4b0101c3e447$59c3f010$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently upg...

Is it possible to remotely administer Outlook 2003 Address Books?
Is it possible to remotely administer Outlook Address Books via reg key or group policy? I need to remove several Public Folder Address books from showing up in users Outlook Address book and the only way I know how is to go around 300 workstations and do this manually. you could remove their permissions from the Public folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ ...

Exchange 2003
Dear MS, Could you please add the ability to create a default company signature via Exchagne 2003 that would pull a users information from AD and populate the signature directly? We would like to streamline what our employees signatures look like and control it from one place. If this is already possible, please post back with instructions. Best Regards, Mike ISO Group On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:44:02 -0700, ISO Mike <ISOMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear MS, > >Could you please add the ability to create a default company signature via >Exchagne 2003 that wou...

Outlook 2003 Rules #7
I want to create a rule that sends a message a mobile device when certain criteria are met. The only thing close is to forward the message. I do not want to do this. Any ideas? Find an add-in to do this for your. There are several references available at slipstick.com or you can google for an add-in. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, NW asked: | ...

Outlook hangs at startup #2
All machines on the network have been working properly. Yesterday, 3 Windows XP Pro had Outlook 2000 hang on opening. The splash stays up with the Outlook window behind it but closes after about 1+ minutes. Sometimes it just hangs and I have to end program because it shows that it is not responding. I receive no error messages. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it on 1 machine with the same results. I looked at at the processes when starting Outlook and Outlook.exe starts and then goes to 0% after a few seconds. I have done a complete virus scan with nothin found using the lat...

password protect #4
I have a workbook with 4 pages, is it possible to password protect just one sheet to prevent it being opened. Thanks Yes. Select the sheet then click on Tools | Protection | Protect Sheet and give it a password (twice - write it down to remember it as well). You can also hide the worksheet (Format | Sheet | Hide), so it's not obvious it is there. However, bear in mind that Excel passwords are not very secure and can easily be broken by someone who is determined. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 15, 8:33=A0pm, "S" <vir...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I have a workbook...

How to release a CWebBrowser2 control? #4
Dear everyone: I have a CWebBrowser2 control on my dialog and navigate to url by the following code: CComVariant sNull,sFrame; sNull=""; sFrame=""; m_ctlWeb.Navigate("http://www.microsoft.com", &sNull, &sFrame,&sNull,&sNull); When I close the dialog and try to release the control by the following code: m_ctlWeb.DestroyWindow(); The control is destroyed, but when I check the task manager for the memory usage, I found that a memory of over 11 megebytes still remained! Can anyone tell me how to release the memo...

Customizing the Ribbon in Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 Sample: Ribbon Extensibility Add-In - English http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=11ab93bf-48dc-4f73-8f6b-62b4482a92bc&DisplayLang=en Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Technical Articles Customizing the Ribbon in Outlook 2007 http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms788199.aspx CH ...

can I put Outlook Express on with Windows 7
I hate this Windows Live Email I have a lot of folders in my Outlook Express on my old computer, it worked so nice. Can move them where I want, set up message rules, it worked slick. With this Live one I can't do anything in it. My folders keep disappearing, message rules don't work right mainly because they keep disappearing. I have 2 email accounts so it seperates them, then there's sent, drafts, deleted etc in them. Then there's local folders with the same stuff in them. It's so messy and non user friendly. Is there a way to get rid of the crap I...

Outlook connector Sync Problem with hotmail
I have windows 7 pro, outlook 2007... I keep getting this error sporadically when I open outlook: xxxxxxx@hotmail.com We were unable to sign in to your account. Please try again. Outlook Connector has encountered an error. Please restart Outlook. If the issue continues, open the Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs and repair Outlook Connector. If this does nto fix the issue, contact Support. The error generally comes about 10 seconds after starting Outlook. I have 3 email accounts set up in outlook. One POP, one MSN.com and one Hotmail.com. The only one that I have iss...

Outlook 2007 trying to send an email that does not exist
Hi Outlook is stuck trying to send a message (1 of 1) that does not exist in my Outbox. I have tried using OutlookSpy to delete any read receipts but there are none. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook with no luck. I have tried to create a new PST, set it as default and delete the Outbox in the original PST but the delete option was ghosted. This is becoming very frustrating as although I am able to send other mails they take a very long time to go. Any help would be much appreciated. Does the problem go away when you set the new pst as default? -- Dia...

outlook with yahoo
I have a domain name registered with yahoo. I had to do a xp reinstall and I can not get outlook to get the pop mail. I even called yahoo tech support and they can not get it to work. It worked before so it should work now. All my other mail works OK. Does anyone happen to have outlook receiving yahoo mail that might give me some pointers. Sammy i am sure you have checked the seetings but here they are to check again a.. Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995) a.. Outgoing (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication) a.. Acc...

outlook 2007 enhance email tracking
it's very common to get into email conversations.. where an original email is sent.. then several people reply.. and you have about 30 emails on one topic.. the situation gets more complex.. when the thread breaks off.. into another thread (or someone changes the title or removes others.. outlook 2007 can find related email threads .. but I'd like to see the ability to be smart enought to delete the older threads or show a graphic link of messages.. so only the latest email in a thread is replied to. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Outlook 2K3 install kills "Mail" app
I recently updated my machine from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. After the install the "Mail" application in the control panel (that allows modification of a profile) does not work anymore. It says that there are no more system resources and I should close some programs. In fact there is nothing else running, and I have 384 megs of memory so I really don't that that is the problem. Any ideas on how to get this working again? What OS do you have and can you right click on the outlook icon on the start menu or desktop to access Properties - which should open the mail applet...

Error sending meeting request in outlook.....HELP
Running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 server. This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x80004005-0x000501]. Any help is appreciated. Thanks On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:03:13 -0500, "Christi" <chess@nospam.gibraltardesign.com> wrote: >Running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 server. > >This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or >contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is >[0x80004005-0x8000...

Delete key is screwy in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 pressing the delete key to delete a message deletes the message, and moves the selection bar up one item. It is lame. Is there some way to fix this? The delete key should just delete the item that is selected (items below will effectively move up to fill the deleted spot). The position of the selection bar shouldn't be changing when deleting (same as the way the cursor behaves in a word processor, pressing delete does not move the position of the cursor). tools, options, email options... change the action at the top of the screen. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outl...

Outlook receive issue
Hi, I am using outlook 2000 to send and receivie messages.I am able to send out messages but not being able to receive messages automatically. I have tried to click on send and receive. The windows pop up and say that the transaction is completed successfully but I did not receive the messages actually. I have to manually click on tool > send and received > my account then the messages will arrive into my inbox. How can I resume the auto receive messages funtion? Thanks a million! MWGP ...

Line spacing an email in Outlook 2007
Hi, I have read a lot of the posted discussions regarding line spacing in an email, however, I'd like to get confrimation on this, if possible. When one of our users creates a new email message in Outlook 2007, (Vista operating system) the line spacing seems to be 1.5. We have already checked the normal templates for Word, as well as Outlook, to make sure spacing is set to single; and have also verified that the Normal style in his message is set to single. From what I've been reading, it seems the only solution is to use "Exactly" a specified point size to correct t...

Outlook Express 6 #28
When PDF files are sent as attachments I can not open them or save them. I have Acrobat Reader. The file name is not black but grey. I can opent them with Microsoft Outlook from Office 2000 Take a look here, it may help: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm "Edmond Bradley" <edmondbradley@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3bcc01c3e3bf$e2b112a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When PDF files are sent as attachments I can not open > them or save them. I have Acrobat Reader. > The file name is not black but grey. I can opent them > with Microsoft Outlook from Office 2000...

Exporting a chart into Outlook
We have an Excel chart that we'd like to embed in an Outlook email, but everytime we attempt to do this, the file size becomes tremendous - far larger by megabytes compared to the original Excel file. We've tried all methods, and the only way to minimize the size is to create a PDF attachment. Is there another way? Thanks, Robert -- ___________________________ Robert Ades Accountancy Corp. 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 660 Los Angeles, CA 90025 Tel: 310-571-1224 Fax: 310-571-1227 Is copying and pasting just the chart as a picture an option for you? The file size should be qu...

outlook instead of express for news reader
Can I configure outlook 2003 to be my newsreader instead of having to use outlook express? No. Outlook is not a news reader. It calls OE for that task. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "lenny" <lenny1097@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:41b072bc$0$3123$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > > Can I configure outlook 2003 to be my newsreader instead of having to use > outlook express? > > thanks Russ, So it looks like I am stuck using OE then. "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message news:u#BgoRU2EHA.3708@TK2MS...

Outlook 2002 SP2 font changing
I have a signature saved in one font and when I create a new message it does the autosign in a different font. Any ideas on getting this to populate correctly? ...

CHKDSK hangs at Stage 4
I'm running XP Pro, SP3 updated with the latest critical updates. I'm also running Norton 360, which indicated after one of its scans that C:\ had file integrity issues and that I should run CHKDSK. The first time I ran CHKDSK it got to Stage 4 (Verify Files) where it recovered missing bad sectors in two compressed files in the Java folders. Then it hung at 24% complete. After waiting 1/2 hour, the system was still unresponsive. I rebooted without CHKDSK, then ended windows properly and rebooted again and set up CHKDSK to check C: again. This time, it did not fi...

outlook Office XP
Where do you set up the e-mail so when you open outlook, it will open with the inbox? Go to "tools", "options", "other (tab)", "advanced options (button)", and set the "startup in this folder" field to "Inbox". >-----Original Message----- >Where do you set up the e-mail so when you open outlook, >it will open with the inbox? >. > ...

Showing edits to Outlook 2007 messages
Hi All... I'm trying to find a function in Outlook 2007 that is present in Microsoft Entourage 2008 (Mac). When a received message is edited in Entourage (not a new message, but a received message) and is edited in some way, a "edit" icon is placed next to the message in message listing pane. In Outlook 2007, I can edit received messages, but after the message is edited, there is no "edit" icon next to the message. I've tried playing with the various fields options, but none of these show the data that I want to display. Any help would be MOST appreciated! Thank...