Outlook Signature #4

Good day, a little question.
It's possible in outlook disable the Automatic Signature in a new
message with a windows policy for example, or in another mode ?
This because we have many pc to control and for us it's impossible
change use signature one by one.
Thanks and kind regards

Do you mean Outlook signature that the user creates for themself or a
disclaimer added on by the mail server?
--
Kathleen Orland
Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light

"angelo.allegri@gmail.com" wrote:

> Good day, a little question.
> It's possible in outlook disable the Automatic Signature in a new
> message with a windows policy for example, or in another mode ?
> This because we have many pc to control and for us it's impossible
> change use signature one by one.
> Thanks and kind regards

0
KOrland1 (1012)
4/18/2006 4:02:03 PM
It's mean that an user make his signature but we want that they can't
use it in automatically, we want that for example :
if i send an email in my intranet no signature, if i send an email in
internet i make my signature.
Now my user send signature indifferent if the send a message in Lan or
in internet.
Thanks
Angelo

There's no way to get that granularity. Automatic signatures can be =
either on or off, not in between.

The details: Signature files for Outlook 2003 reside in the =
%appdata%\Microsoft\Signatures folder. There are three ways to make =
Outlook to use a particular signature with all accounts:=20

1) Apply Office Service Pack 2 (to resolve the problem discussed in MSKB =
article 898076) and then set the NewSignature and ReplySignature string =
values in the =
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSett=
ings key to the name of the signature. This applies the signature as a =
policy setting, so the user won't be able to change the automatic =
signature (and may also be blocked from some other features on the Tools =
| Options | Mail Format dialog). If the signature files in the =
Signatures folder are blank, then the automatic signature inserted will =
be just blank text.=20

2) Same as #1, only set the NewSignature and ReplySignature string =
values in the =
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSettings =
key. This applies the setting as a user preference.=20

3) Use a script like that at =
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D821 to apply the =
signature to each account. This is the brute force method, available if =
you can't apply SP2 for some reason.=20

Note that even if you mandate a signature with a Group Policy Object, =
the user can still delete the signature from the message itself, and the =
savvy user can edit the .rtf, .htm, and .txt files for that signature. =
That's why if you really want a mandatory signature, you must do it on =
the server; see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_management.htm =
for links to tools.

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
<angelo.allegri@gmail.com> wrote in message =
> It's mean that an user make his signature but we want that they can't
> use it in automatically, we want that for example :
> if i send an email in my intranet no signature, if i send an email in
> internet i make my signature.
> Now my user send signature indifferent if the send a message in Lan or
> in internet.
> Thanks
> Angelo

0
suemvp (4038)
4/18/2006 8:06:18 PM
Many thanks, i try it
Angelo

Outlook Calendar
Hi, When I schedule an appointment in the web client it is not being shown in my outlook calendar. I have not received any error message. Is this how the system is supposed to work? If I schedule a CRM appointment in the outlook client it does appear in the web client. Best regards Lee Hi, So far as I know, you have to use the Oultook client to have a kind of synchronisation between the CRM server and Outlook. Gilles "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0406280204.582358ab@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > When I schedule an appointmen...

Outlook Express #135
Is there any problem with using Outlook Express for e mail retrieval but also keeping Outlook open at the same time for the calendar and task lists? I am doing this because Express has auto fill of the e mail address and Outlook 2000 does not. Also, is there a way to copy my contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express? Thanks. You can try: - exporting your Outlook contacts to a CSV file for import into OE - upgrading to OL2002 or 2003 since they both have auto-complete like OE "carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:292a01c3e143$d4619810$a0012...

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Lost Outlook contacts
I recently backed up my hard drive on DVD, then also kept the entire contents to another HD. I then reformated my C; drive, and reinstalled all of my programs. When I searched for my outlook info, I could only find backups I had specifically made for export (These are .PST files). Where was Outlook storing all of this information before, and have I lost it all? I hadn't made a backup for a few months, but all of the info was there each time I opened the program. HELP! I recently had to reinstall my OS and drivers on a new hard drive. I have access to my old drive and my data is ...

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

product key #4
I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to register office on my mac (office was pre-installed). Where do I enter in this product key in the mac office trial software in order for me to get full access? In article <1190872643.026720.79220@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, jaime825@gmail.com wrote: > I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc > several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to > register office on my mac (office was pre...

Outlook receiving zip files

Outlook Express and LAN connection
I have Outlook Express 6.00.280 installed on Win NT 4.0 SP6 which is LAN connected to another PC that has Internet connection (Proxy server). Email account on my PC is POP3 for incoming mails and SMTP for outcoming. Now the problem is that I cannot receive emails but can only send them through this Proxy. Internet Explorer and all other applications that require Internet connection through proxy are working OK. The only problem I have is to receive emails. I setup the same account on another PC which has direct connection to the Internet through dialup and no problems for both sending and rece...

Congratulations! This has been a MEB-free newsgroup for 4 weeks.
We all deserve a pat on the back. This has been a MEB-free workplace for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June. As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and as this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never again see him post to this group. The fact that he has been a fraud and not a real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years probably has something to do with that. His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse form ...

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

Outlook set up
In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:36 -0800, "etata" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email >address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell >it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY >NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? Just a...

Outlook won't load
Using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. Often have to click 7 or 8 times to get it to load. Other programs (Word, IE load instantly). What to do? Once running, bring up yr Win task mngr - Cntrl+Alt+Del - and check running process to see how many instances of Outlook.exe are running. If more than one instance, end the multiple instances to leave a single instance, then run Detect/Repair. Also do you have any Com Addins?, if so disable these and test. May help, David "Jo" <jkister@pageville.com> wrote in message news:003601c35c8c$e0f9f400$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Using Outlook ...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

"Customize Outlook Today" does not respond
The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer functions. I use Outlook 2000 on two separate computers. the Customize feature works on neither one. They both formerly functioned perfectly. I have noted a few other postings with the same issue, but there have been no responses. Is it possible that one of the updates to Outlook 2000 has rendered this feature inoperable? Since I keep my programs up to date, that is the only guess I have. I have the exact same problem on more than one pc. I have been searching for an answer all day. I just decided to start using the opti...

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Outlook with Outlook Express ?