Outlook Shortcut Bar

How can I create a 'Grocery List' shortcut on the shortcut
bar (left side of Outlook window) that will open a blank
list similar to 'Tasks'?  I can create the actual
shortcut, but it's nothing but a duplicate of my 'Tasks'
list named 'Grocery List'.  I went into the 'Grocery List'
list, selected all, and deleted 'em - and there went my
entire 'Tasks' list, too.

I'd also like to set up other shortcuts, like
separate 'Tasks' for home and work, or 'Parts Inventory'
(maybe linked directly to Excel).  I can't find any way to
get around the default Shortcuts list.

Any help would be much appreciated!
0
anonymous (74722)

Have you actually set up a separate folder for the Grocery List items?
You'd need to do that either from the Folder List (View | Folder List if
it's not visible now) or from File | New | Folder.  Once the folder is
created, you can create a shortcut to it.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:52d301c3a706$24decf10$7d02280a@phx.gbl,
deebeard wrote:

> How can I create a 'Grocery List' shortcut on the shortcut
> bar (left side of Outlook window) that will open a blank
> list similar to 'Tasks'?  I can create the actual
> shortcut, but it's nothing but a duplicate of my 'Tasks'
> list named 'Grocery List'.  I went into the 'Grocery List'
> list, selected all, and deleted 'em - and there went my
> entire 'Tasks' list, too.
>
> I'd also like to set up other shortcuts, like
> separate 'Tasks' for home and work, or 'Parts Inventory'
> (maybe linked directly to Excel).  I can't find any way to
> get around the default Shortcuts list.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!

Reassigning keyboard shortcuts
I tried to do this in Tools -> Customize -> Commands, but Modify Selection is gray. Can anyone help? On 18 Mar, 10:40, "Scott H" <nospam> wrote: > I tried to do this in Tools -> Customize -> Commands, but Modify Selection > is gray. Can anyone help? To access Modify Selection: Open Tools -> Customize -> Commands then click on the toolbar button you want to amend, or the menu option you want to amend you can then press 'Modify Selection'. For example: 1.Open Tools -> Customize -> Commands 2. Edit -> Cut 3. Modify Selection Shoul...

Outlook sending errors.
I have recently got a program that helps my spam and junk=20 problem called Mail Washer (V4.1). The program works great but I am having a problem with=20 Outlook 2002. When I try to send a message I receive a=20 error quoting: Task 'mail.garethmyles.com - Sending and Receiving'=20 reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP)=20 server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL- secured connections have worked in the past, contact your=20 server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). =20 The server responded: ?=1E?$for more information.' And Task &...

view outlook calendar in web browser
I know there should be people who ask the same question before what I want is display the calendar in the outlook in a web page not using file->save as web page method it is sort of synchronizing with the outlook calendar whenever appointments changes, it will also show in the webpage the outlook i am using is 2002 version, and I am not using outlook web access to do this. need your help. thanks If you want a method that isn't built into Outlook, see = http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/olpubcal.htm for available solutions. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Micros...

03 Outlook process continues after exit
After exiting outlook 2003, the outlook.exe process continues to run. Upon trying to relaunch outlook, nothing happens until after deleting outlook.exe process in task manager. Any help out there? ...

CRM 3.0
I'm having an "unknown error" when syncing contacts with Outlook 2003. Is there a log anywhere that displays more detail about the error? I don't see anything in Event Log. In the mean time, i've been trying to disable the sync of contacts in CRM 3.0. I've unchecked the setting in the CRM options button in Outlook and i've also tried removing the Local Data constraint for contacts but it still is syncing contacts and error out. Thank you. ------=_NextPart_0001_585128C3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Thanks for your ques...

outlook 2002 #98
installed office 2002 suite on 12/24 - outlook worked fine until 1/4 then suddenly stopped sending email. receives ok. talked to rcn - no help. what to do????? >-----Original Message----- >installed office 2002 suite on 12/24 - outlook worked >fine until 1/4 then suddenly stopped sending email. >receives ok. > >talked to rcn - no help. > >what to do????? >. > situation gets stranger and stranger - 3 days in a row emails will not send from about noon to 3:00 pm, then suddenly start sending again. I'll have to pin the time down a little closer if i...

What is the Orb? And other new outlook questions
I just reinstalled Outlook (same version (2003) that I was previously using), and there is some behavior that is new that I don't understand. First, when I look at (read) a message, there is an "orb" (ball) to the left of the address in the "From" line, if I put the mouse on it I am shown some information about the sender (including his online/offline status). Where did this come from, can I turn it off. Also, I now have a line at the top of the header area showing me the "zone" of the message ("You are now looking at this message in the internet...

Internet Explorer to Microsoft Outlook
I'm a type of person that doesn't care for all of the frills that are displayed when I go on line to read my e- mail. I would like to have only the Outlook format instead of all of the garbage displayed across the top of the screen. How do I have all of my e-mails to tranfer over from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Outlook? Internet Explorer doesn't do e-mail...are you using one of the online services? If so, which one, and which version of Outlook do you have? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- pleas...

Still having Outlook performance problems
I need some help to speed up my Outlook 2002 SP 2 program. When I navigate around within Outlook, there seems to be a 5 second delay for everything. My account was over 700megs but I cleaned it up to under 60 megs thinking that would help and nothing changed. "Enable Instant Messaging in Microsoft Outlook" is not selected. Help, Donny ? >-----Original Message----- >I need some help to speed up my Outlook 2002 SP 2 >program. When I navigate around within Outlook, there >seems to be a 5 second delay for everything. My account >was over 700megs but I cleaned it...

Outlook 2003 01-22-04
Is Outlook 2003 supported with CRM 1.2? I can't find that it's not, but I'm using 2002 and am not having any problems. Another user here is using 2003 and he gets one error after another (when trying to promote email, trying to create an appointment, etc...). Outlook 2003 is supported with CRM 1.2. Matt On 22 Jan 2004 06:36:40 -0800, klawson@aetinc.com (KBLawson) wrote: >Is Outlook 2003 supported with CRM 1.2? I can't find that it's not, >but I'm using 2002 and am not having any problems. Another user here >is using 2003 and he gets one error after anot...

Moving email folders, accounts, rules etc from Outlook 2003 to 200
Please would you be willing to help me [a raw beginner] to retrieve email folders, the emails in the folders, accounts, rules etc from harddrive with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP, and move them successfully to new laptop with Outlook 2007 [Windows 7]. So far I have 1. searched for all pst files on old harddrive and copied all of them to memory stick using another XP laptop. Could not successfully do with the new laptop due to "access" issues. 2. imported pst files to outlook 2007--contacts folders arrived, calendar arrived, some of inbox, some of deleted, some of sen...

Outlook 2002 Rules query
I receive every so often an email detailing job vacancies. Sometimes the email will have no jobs in it. What I want to do is to set up a rule such that if the phrase "We have found the following 0 jobs" occurs in the email, it is deleted. I can't see how to do that, as the action to delete is *before* the "except with certain words" option, and because of the nature of the phrase, I can't do it the other way round, i.e. say "delete the email unless it has this phrase in it" because the number may vary from 1 to anything up to 10 or more. Anyone any...

adobe pdf outlook addin
Cannot convert Outlook folders to Adobe PDF This is not a function of Outlook but of a 3rd party application that you have installed (probably Adobe Acrobat). Check with them (Adobe) for support or updates. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "pittmanj" <pittmanj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66CBD1F2-860F-4078-B513-951323E5D887@microsoft.com...

Outlook 'Compact' feature isn't working
I do the following: - Select Outlook Today - Select Personal Folder Properties - Select Advanced - Select Compact Now The 'Compact Now' pop-up flashes on the screen and then immmediately goes away. There is no compacting taking place. The .PST file remains the same size (even though I have deleted hundreds of files) and the processor does no work. Any idea how to fix this??? Your help is greatly appreciated! You posted no information that would permit troubleshooting. How did you delete files? How are you examining the PST file size? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ne...

Outlook client 2002 and 2000 are hang when restart DCs
Hi We have Windows 2000 one forest one domain with six sites setup, each site has atleast one DCs with GC role, The head office have two DCs (DC1 and DC2) and both are GC as well. There is only one exchange 2000 in Head office on MS cluster which hosting around 4000 users, All Windows 2000 servers has SP4 and upto datae critical patches including MS clsuters, Exchange 2000 has SP4. Now when ever we restart any one DC either 1 or 2, our outlook clients seem to be hang, we cannot open global address list, and following evnts get in application log of exchange node, these two DCs are appea...

Tables in Outlook 2000
A user copied a table from Word 2000 to an Outlook email message and sent the email to a Macintosh user. The Mac user cannot read the email with the table in it. The message shows up as an OLE attachment. I asked the user to send it as a regular attachment to the Mac user instead of sending the table within the email. Is there a known issue like this between Mac and PC? ...

Outlook 2002 error (0x80040119) HELP!
How do I reinstall Outlook 2002 so it doesn't follow the same path that when installed doesn't work? I don't want to have to reformat the drive and start over. I have an issue/error 0X80040119 and am unable to send or receive mail. Looks like I am sending or receiving mail then before it finishes up comes this error. HELP Likely there is some issue with the PST file. Run SCANPST.EXE on the current PST file, and run scandisk on your hard drive to check for disk errors. Last resort, create a new PST file and set it as the default delivery location. On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:38:...

Sync Outlook Calendars
Anyone know of a way to sync multiple outlook calendars? Hello Curtis, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

Outlook 2000 boots for a few seconds, then shuts down
My Outlook 2000 (running under XP) has started booting, but only for a few seconds, then it shuts down by itself. I cannot access new or stored messages, manage the personal folders, etc. I get a popup Microsoft Outlook message that says: Error signature AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 ModName: emailscanner.dll ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 00040df3 To view technical information about the error report, click here. CLOSE button I have re-installed Microsoft Office 2000 (including Outlook 2000), but the problem remains. Outlook still boots and then disappears in seconds...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar? #2
Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only prints 1024. How can I print all? Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. Use a smaller font. Widen the column width lengthen the row height. Curious wrote: > > Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only > prints 1024. How can I print all? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Thanks, but none of your suggestions work. I'm using Excel 2003 by the way. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. &g...

[WP]
We are running Office 2002 company wide with Exchange 2003 Sp2. Is it possible that I can only upgrade my OL2002 to OL2007? Assist Please. Thank you. WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are running Office 2002 company wide with Exchange 2003 Sp2. > > Is it possible that I can only upgrade my OL2002 to OL2007? Sure, but you'll lose most of the integration of Outlook with the other Office products. No more mail merge, for example. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

How to apply an Outlook filtering rule to multiple users
Does anyone know a way to automatically distribute an Outlook filtering rule to multiple users' machines without having to go and set it up on each machine manually? We are running Outlook 2000 and 2002 on Windows XP, with Exchange 2003 server. Thanks for your help in advance. ...

can't connect to pst in Outlook
Has anyone ever had this issue? Outlook launches but never connects to PST file which is sitting on a network drive. I check Windows Explorer, a couple of directories are X'ed out with a red X. After clicking on drive where pst file sits, X goes away and I can reconnect my pst file again. It happens to just a few users regularly but not everyone. Network server is not rebooting also. Using WIN2K/ That is the one of the reasons why you shouldn't store pst-files on a network drive and why it is not supported by Microsoft. This setup could easily lead to datacorruption and dataloss....

Outlook 2007 Keeps Prompting for Password (Exchange 2003)
Sorry if this post came through twice. ***** Friend, I'm using Outlook 2007 to connect to Exchange 2003. Everything is working well for the most part but for some reason Outlook periodically asks me for my username/password. The problem persists even when I click the "remember username/password" checkbox. I don't understand why this is happening. Outlook and Exchange are both on the same LAN so it's not like I'm losing my connection or anything. What's causing this? It usually happens if Outlook has been open but inactive for a while and I try to do something l...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...