Outlook Security Settings #4

Hey

Ive been having some problems setting up Outlook Security Settings, to
allow a macro in excel to send mails without promting if the users
wants to allow an automated email to be sent.

I started with installing the ORK and admpack.exe, then i followed the
readme.doc step by step.
- registered the hashctl.dll and comdlg.ocx
- created a public folder "Outlook Security Settings" and gave myself
owner role, the rest reviewer role.
- opened outlooksecurity.oft in the new folder and published it there
as well
- opened a new form from the new published template, maed some changes
and tried saving, giving me the follwoing error message:

"The access levels on this security setting cannot be
saved,probably because of an invalid password. This
setting is currently set as a default setting for all
users. You should either delete the setting or save it
again, and type the correct password."

The strange thing is that i now have an entry in the public folder with
the changes i made so it did save the file.
The first time i tried this it told me i should turn of cashed mode, so
i did and then i got the error message, dont know if this might have
been the problem.

Anyway, now i have a custom security setting and the macro no longer
bugs me when i tried to send out email, great.
So i run upstairs to do the same for the person who actually needs to
use that macro and guess what, it doesnt work there. I added the
registry entry with a value of 1, added that persons name in the
members field but it wont work.
Tried rebooting, tried on a third person, works only on my pc. I even
tried giving those other users owner rights to the public folder to no
avail.

To simplify the testing i checked show lvl1 attachments and sent out a
mail with a .bat file, so when they can open it i know it works, and
then i also know its not a problem with the macro.

I have googled usenet and found tons of similar topics describing the
same problem but none of them had a solution (none that i found so far
that is) so i decided to make yet another topic on it...

Does anyone know how to fix this "feature"? its been driving me crazy
all day...

Greetz,

Wim

I had a similar issue a few months ago. I called Microsoft Support and
after an hour of going over everything I had done again, they informed
me that it's a flaw in the software. The form is actually saved, and
did actually work. Who knew...LOL

Wimme wrote:
> Hey
>
> Ive been having some problems setting up Outlook Security Settings, to
> allow a macro in excel to send mails without promting if the users
> wants to allow an automated email to be sent.
>
> I started with installing the ORK and admpack.exe, then i followed the
> readme.doc step by step.
> - registered the hashctl.dll and comdlg.ocx
> - created a public folder "Outlook Security Settings" and gave myself
> owner role, the rest reviewer role.
> - opened outlooksecurity.oft in the new folder and published it there
> as well
> - opened a new form from the new published template, maed some changes
> and tried saving, giving me the follwoing error message:
>
> "The access levels on this security setting cannot be
> saved,probably because of an invalid password. This
> setting is currently set as a default setting for all
> users. You should either delete the setting or save it
> again, and type the correct password."
>
> The strange thing is that i now have an entry in the public folder with
> the changes i made so it did save the file.
> The first time i tried this it told me i should turn of cashed mode, so
> i did and then i got the error message, dont know if this might have
> been the problem.
>
> Anyway, now i have a custom security setting and the macro no longer
> bugs me when i tried to send out email, great.
> So i run upstairs to do the same for the person who actually needs to
> use that macro and guess what, it doesnt work there. I added the
> registry entry with a value of 1, added that persons name in the
> members field but it wont work.
> Tried rebooting, tried on a third person, works only on my pc. I even
> tried giving those other users owner rights to the public folder to no
> avail.
>
> To simplify the testing i checked show lvl1 attachments and sent out a
> mail with a .bat file, so when they can open it i know it works, and
> then i also know its not a problem with the macro.
>
> I have googled usenet and found tons of similar topics describing the
> same problem but none of them had a solution (none that i found so far
> that is) so i decided to make yet another topic on it...
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this "feature"? its been driving me crazy
> all day...
>
> Greetz,
>
> Wim

0
akmclain (1)
10/11/2006 1:46:06 PM
Hey,

My problem isnt the error message when i try to save the form, i know
it actually saves the form.
It does work, but only on my pc, i cant get it to work on other users
pcs.
I added the registry key and added them to the users to who the form
should apply to but thats whats not working.

I did however find a workaround by using redemption.dll and slightly
modifieing my macro to bypass the outlook security...
Still, it would be nice to know how i can fix this for future
reference.

Greetz

> I had a similar issue a few months ago. I called Microsoft Support and
> after an hour of going over everything I had done again, they informed
> me that it's a flaw in the software. The form is actually saved, and
> did actually work. Who knew...LOL

Desktop Alert Settings
Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all folders including the default folder 'Inbox' ? Using Outlook 2003 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Vik" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message news:uLkpNgLQFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all > folders in...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

set up email 07-14-10
hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful for any help. "Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE71BBC-D2DC-44F8-8C95-6F0810E00124@microsoft.com... > hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is > my > Blackberry phone.everytime...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

setting a date type field to null
I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its value to null but I get an error. Dim HoldDate as date Holddate = "" I have several other fields that are text that are obviously fine, but I am not sure how to set a default for the date type field. I need to initialize the field after I write a record out before processing new records Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -- KSH On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:06:00 -0800, KSH wrote: > I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its > value to null but I get an error. &g...

Hot to Stop Outlook 2007 Forcing Images to Bitmaps
Hello, How can Outlook 2007 be set to not convert images to bitmaps? I've just been upgraded to Office 2007 and am having problems with images in Outlook 2007 emails. In Office 2003 I could do up charts in Excel, then to a [Copy as Picture]|[As shown when printed], followed by a [Paste Special]|[Picture (Enhanced Metafile)] in Outlook emails. This would give me an identical image as the Excel chart pasted into the body of the email so people could see the chart as they read the email without clicking about with attachments. It worked great in 2003 and kept the size of the email...

Outlook 2003 and Vista Business??
When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I copy the link to IE7 theres is no problem. If the mail is HTML coded no problem occurs when I click the link. How come?? -- Regards Peter "Peter Jensen" <fup@snyd.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:798D10C7-867F-4297-89C3-614510007FE0@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search > function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I > copy the link to I...

how do I set up a teas graph?
I need to set up a teas graph, which is a triangular graph with each axis being a different parameter. Found this http://sul-server-2.stanford.edu/byauth/burke/solpar/solpar7.html through Google. Can't comment on how the parameters are derived, but the plot appears to be a pretty standard ternary diagram. Excel doesn't have the capability built into it to rotate the Y axis (some other plotting programs do); Excel insists that the Y axis should be 90 degrees relative to the X axis. I occasionally need to plot ternary diagrams, and either use a right triangle or hide the y-axis and...

Print quote for the client-Outlook
Hi. Some has a master document of example that is used for the functionality to print supply for the client of the client for sales of Outlook? I have a document but when the quotation has several products are damaged. ...