Outlook says Task yahoo, Error 0x800CCCOD unable to find email se.

I have never used Outlook and loaded it because it was required for my
Navman pocket PC.  Everything else works, ie contacts, calendar, tasks etc.
except the above error message when I hit send/receive.  I am unfamilar with
Outlook and how it works.  Any suggestions?

Travelingman <Travelingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have never used Outlook and loaded it because it was required for my
> Navman pocket PC.  Everything else works, ie contacts, calendar,
> tasks etc. except the above error message when I hit send/receive.  I
> am unfamilar with Outlook and how it works.  Any suggestions?

For email, it works just like Outlook Express.  What type of Yahoo! account
are you trying to use?  Is it a free Yahoo! account or a paid Yahoo!
account?  What version of Outlook?  What type of account are you trying to
create in Outlook?  (i.e., POP, HTTP, IMAP, etc.)
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/18/2005 2:59:33 PM
Thanks for your response Brian.  I have Outlook 2002.  I have a "free" Yahoo
account.  I found a link on Yahoo Online Support in reference to Microsoft
Outlook 2002(XP) & 2003 which changed something as now when I hit
Send/Receive I get:  Enter Network Password pop-up which requests to "Please
type your user name and password, which shows the Server as
pop.mail.yahoo.com and my User Name and Password," however when I click OK it
continues to display the same request no matter what I do.

It may be that it won't accept the "free" Yahoo account or what?

travelingman wrote:
|| Thanks for your response Brian.  I have Outlook 2002.  I have a
|| "free" Yahoo account.  I found a link on Yahoo Online Support in
|| reference to Microsoft Outlook 2002(XP) & 2003 which changed
|| something as now when I hit Send/Receive I get:  Enter Network
|| Password pop-up which requests to "Please type your user name and
|| password, which shows the Server as pop.mail.yahoo.com and my User
|| Name and Password," however when I click OK it continues to display
|| the same request no matter what I do.
|| It may be that it won't accept the "free" Yahoo account or what?

Yahoo.com won't integrate into Outlook unless you have a paid subscription.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

0
gordonbp11 (453)
3/18/2005 7:56:38 PM
Saw the yahoo and outlook error - this may link in and be helpful... my error
was Ox800CCC92

Background: Outlook 2003 (up to date with service packs - v2?) + Windows XP
system. Worked fine for years; suddenly can send e-mails but not receive.
"Enter Network Password" box comes up but when I enter details it just comes
up again and does nothing. When I cancel it then I get a failure report.
Yahoo.co.uk free e-mail account.

Having used these sites + Google searches and fiddled with the registry,
reloaded the e-mail account into Outlook 2003, rebooted etc. (and reset
passwords on the yahoo.co.uk account) decided to check yahoo again. The thing
that worked for me was going into options / mail options / POP access &
forwarding / ...somehow the Web and POP access had become unchecked. I just
checked the box and everything worked. Only 3 hours of my life never to be
recovered...but at least I can now go to sleep!

As ever there is a twist - my wife also has yahoo.co.uk account and we
access through our family computer i.e. the same computer + Outlook package.
Her e-mail always worked and her Web and POP access was unchecked i.e. it
didn't seem to be causing a problem with her account. HOWEVER, when I started
sending e-mails between ourselves to test the system the first two I sent
from her to me disappeared until I checked her Web/POP box and then the third
one I sent came through... along with the first two! Anyway, i am definitely
off to bed now. Hope this helps (or at least provides another avenue as
desperation creeps in!), Harold...

"Travelingman" wrote:

> I have never used Outlook and loaded it because it was required for my
> Navman pocket PC.  Everything else works, ie contacts, calendar, tasks etc.
> except the above error message when I hit send/receive.  I am unfamilar with
> Outlook and how it works.  Any suggestions?
0
Harold (13)
allymollylily

"Travelingman" wrote:

> I have never used Outlook and loaded it because it was required for my
> Navman pocket PC.  Everything else works, ie contacts, calendar, tasks etc.
> except the above error message when I hit send/receive.  I am unfamilar with
> Outlook and how it works.  Any suggestions?
0
Denny (22)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

invalid email address

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Unable to delete empty database

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

find action on log file

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Document Viewer installer error

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error