Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

I don't know how I turned this on so I don't know how to
turn it off.  It splits my emails so that I can only type
so far over before it kicks me back to the left margin
and makes me start a new line.  Can anyone help me?
0
tamishac (1)

How do I get the cursor off the ruler guides and into text?
I am stuck in Publisher, and cannot get my cursor back into the text. It is stuck on the ruler guides. how do I reset it? ...

In Excel 2007, how does one view horizontal and vertical rulers?
When I try to click on rulers (it is checked but grayed out), I cannot get my vertical ruler or horizontal scroll bar to appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! 1) View | Worksheet View | Page Layout 'so you see the worksheet with headers etc 2) View| Show/Hide | check Ruler ' now both rules are present You may need to scroll down a little to see numbers on the vertical ruler best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Deeny H" <DeenyH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0C66F54-A292-4E59-B44A-D5578D52DF6...

Changing ruler increments?
Is there a way to change the ruler increments, thereby changing the snap to increments or does it just default to the 16th of an inch only? I'm trying to make all text carrying boxes the same size and can come close but can't snap them into the same size. It's really close enough but I was just wondering if I can make the snaps and nudge increments smaller than they ar Thanks Hi Catt (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to change the ruler increments, thereby changing the || snap to increments or does it just default to the 16th...

Print Ruler Lines in the back ground
Hi I am working with OneNote 2007, is there a way to print out the Ruler Lines in the background of my A4 page or any other page going through the printer? thx -- samjesse This won't work with OneNote 2007. It works with OneNote 2010 - you can download the beta for free at www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx -- Hope this helps, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "undisclosed" wrote: > > Hi > > I am working with OneNote 2007, is there a way to print out the Ruler > Lines in the background ...

Getting tabs on ruler to line up with set tabs.
Hello Everyone, By accident posted to the Mac group and was kindly referred this way. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mac.office.word&tid=07afbf5b-83bf-4835-abc4-213725d85abf&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1 Briefly, I've noticed that when I "click and drag" the margin icon (the downward/upward facing pentagons), I cannot get them to line-up with the tab settings, e.g. on 0.25, 0.5, or 0.75", no matter how carefully I try. The advice to use the Alt key helps, but curious as why this happ...

Ruler in Publisher 2007
The horizontal and verticular rulers (set to display inches) are not properly proportioned. A business card that is 3.5 x 2 inches appears to be a perfect square and prints that way. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. I am using a business card sent to me by another Publisher 2007 user. When she printw them, they were correct. When I print them, they are too large. You probably need to re-set your page. Are there 10 cards per sheet? File, Page setup, Advanced (on the right), Page Layout, Multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jannise" <Jannis...

View Ruler/Tabs in Outlook2007
Maybe it's right in front of my eyes, but I don't see it. In Outlook 2003 I could select View, Ruler from the menu to display the ruler (a la Word) and see or change tab settings. It doesn't appear that there's an equivalent command in 2007, but I would like to know how to see what the current tab settings are and to change them. Thanks for your help, Tanys On Feb 8, 10:01 am, "Tanya" <tan...@greenhosp.org> wrote: > Maybe it's right in front of my eyes, but I don't see it. In Outlook > 2003 I could select View, Ruler from the menu to di...

Ruler in new message
Is there a way to get the ruler not to appear in New Messages when you pause the cursor on the line between the Subject Line and the body of the email? Sounds trite, I agree, but I have a couple of users who are annoyed by it so I told them I'd ask... Thanks, Dave Respecki ...

Ruler scale and Page width

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Indentation & Tab Markers on Word 2003 Ruler not showing
Word 2003 on Vista notebook. The Indentation & Tab Markers on Word 2003 Ruler not showing. Also the Tab "square" on the left of the ruler is blank, so one cannot change the tab type. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. -- With appreciation Margy Pinetown, KwaZuluNatal, South Africa Have you tried repairing the Word/Office installation? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Margy" <Margy@office.co.za> wrote in message news:40E3324A-3A1F-4187-8619-ED895C6C969A@microsoft.com... > Word 2003 on Vista notebook. > > The In...

rulers
I am trying to create a form on Excel (office 2000) putting all the fields on it from a paper form I have to copy from. I was just wondering if there are any rulers in the program to use so I can more accurately place my fields. The way I have been doing it is to make all the cells on the sheet just one character in widith to start out with and then merge cells to create the fields and put in the text I need. Ross Ross Excel has no rulers feature. Trial and error/hit and miss. OR build a Template that replicates the form. Then just fill in the appropriate data cells and print. ...

Can I insert a ruler onto a word document?
I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the side and bottom if possible. Does anyone have a suggestion, or is there a better program to use? Wrong newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bonnie, VSI Construction" <Bonnie, VSI Construction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EF5A38A-3002-487D-9FC7-894ADAC9B90B@microsoft.com... >I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the > side and bottom if possible. Does an...

How do I make the ruler show the header area in Word?
The ruler on the left side of the screen no longer shows an un-hi-lited area to indicate the header area. When I type, the characters start in the very first line of the page, although when I look at the print preview my document appears normally with the print starting where the top margin should be. What did I do? I can't change the ruler back. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "jenedetti" <jenedetti@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

wORD 2007 blue ruler bar
In Word 2007 both at work & home the blue adjustment bar on the left hand ruler is gone. There is just a small strip of blue at the top under the Tab where it is impossible to bring up the double headed arrow to grab and bring it down. Has anyone a solution for this? I'd be most grateful as would all the people I have asked about it. I have pretty much exhausted everything I can think of and even Google has no answer. Appreciate anyone's input Sounds like you probably have the Hide white space option activated. Move the mouse cursor to the top of the document w...

ruler has incorrect measurements, what am I doing wrong?
http://i41.tinypic.com/24g2ao0.jpg *zoom 100% *ruler measurement set to centimeter and everything is bigger than it is supposed to be. what am i doing wrong here? You need a bigger monitor :o) -- James Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida "ayudameconpublisher" <ayudameconpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036D3C13-7024-4C78-9D28-AC35B7BF7C54@microsoft.com... > http://i41.tinypic.com/24g2ao0.jpg > > *zoom 100% > *ruler measurement set to centimeter > and everything is bigger than it is supposed to be. what am...

How do I view the ruler in an Outlook message and/or insert tabs?
I'm attempting to set tabs in an Outlook message. I'm unable to find how to view the ruler in order to set the tabs. I believe it used to be in the View drop down menu, but it's no longer there. Juli wrote: > I'm attempting to set tabs in an Outlook message. I'm unable to find how > to > view the ruler in order to set the tabs. I believe it used to be in the > View > drop down menu, but it's no longer there. What version of Outlook? Are you using Word as your editor? If so, click the little ruler icon on the right of the compos...

How can I put again the ruler on my Word program?
Hello Discussion group My question is how can I put the ruler on my screen Word again? And why I can't remove the blank page from my saved document, which happened when I corrected my information in the file and fit in one page the other always going together? Thank you in advance Michael and Gabriela Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. When you do repost, it may help the responder to know what version of Word you're using,...

how do I create continuous ruler / dimension line
I would like to create a line that has a dimension displayed every 12". I would also the dimension fields to appear or disappear as I change the length of the line, example a 12" line would have a 12" marker, a 36" line would have 12, 24 and 36" displayed. How can I do this? Thank you, Vito Create a line pattern. (Not for the faint of heart) John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishli...

Need MFC Rulers
I have the need to some simple rulers (horizontally and vertically) for my application. One thing that is a bit non-standard is that I need to have the rulers scroll with the view. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm Jonathan Wood wrote: > I have the need to some simple rulers (horizontally and vertically) for my > application. One thing that is a bit non-standard is that I need to have the > rulers scroll with the view. > > Can anyone ...

How to display ruler and its indentation (tab) marks in Outlook?
I'm in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I'm not using Word as my email editor as it is not installed. Is there a way to show a ruler in Outlook (without having Word)? I would like to move some tab/indentation marks (not sure what those graphics are called)? "rlpmjp" <rlpmjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7B6F332-9182-4196-A552-248BCB0D08FD@microsoft.com... > I'm in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I'm not using Word as my email editor > as it is not installed. Is there a way to show a ruler in Outlook (without > having Word)? ...

Ruler Guides Always On Top?
I'm creating some business cards in Publisher 2007. I created a .png background image that is the exact same size as the business card, and inserted it. When I try to create ruler guides for the bleed area, they disapear as soon as I let go of the mouse button after I drag them over. Is there a way to set the ruler guides to always stay on top of all images? Or is there perhaps another solution to my problem? Thanks The guides always go under everything. It will be the same in 2010. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Foppa" <Foppa@discussio...

reset ruler origin-can't dbl click
Apparently, when using horz and vertical rulers together, dbl clicking on the sqaure where they meet is suppose to return them to zero. It doesn't so I've tried dbl clicking and SHIFT, and CTRL, and ALT. Can't make it happen. No prob w/Publisher 2002, but 2003 won't work. I'm trying to measure different rectangles on one page and need to start with zero with each to know their size. W2000 driving me nuts. Thanks in advance. Richard ...

How do I copy a horizontal ruler in Word?
I just need to copy text in a document to another part of the same document, including the ruler format, so I don't have to reset the ruler every time. Surely there's a way, but I've searched for hours trying to find it. In earlier versions of Word, we could just hold down the shift or control key, I don't remember which. If by "ruler format" you mean the margin and tab settings, the ruler shows the ones applied to whichever paragraph the cursor happens to be in. You duplicate them by assigning the same paragraph style in each place. On Nov 23, 5:39=...

Is there an option to show ruler guides above artwork?
Is there an option to show ruler guides above artwork? Scroll upward or to the left until your artwork is touching the rulers. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "dAVE" <dAVE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F936BE0-BF21-45DE-82E6-0CA4613E1A16@microsoft.com... > Is there an option to show ruler guides above artwork? Ruler guides will always be behind your artwork. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> w...