Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

I don't know how I turned this on so I don't know how to
turn it off.  It splits my emails so that I can only type
so far over before it kicks me back to the left margin
and makes me start a new line.  Can anyone help me?
0
tamishac (1)

Horizontal Ruler in Word 2007 is reversed
The ruler is reversed ONLY for one paragraph. I can't seem to figure out how to change it to read correctly. I have copied and pasted this text into several documents and tried to reformat it many times and have failed. HELP! Does Word think the language of that paragraph is Hebrew or Arabic? (Turn on the display by right-clicking down in the Status Bar if the language isn't showing.) If so, select the paragraph and choose the correct language from the pop-up you get when you click the language name. If Hebrew or Arabic is activated on your computer, then you'll have a...

Make rulers available in excel!
This is a quote from Office Excel Help, "Unlike Microsoft Word, Excel does not provide a horizontal or vertical ruler, and there is no quick way to measure the width or height of a worksheet in inches." Well, why not? (Just the fact that it is written so clearly in Excel Help means I am not the only one to look for it. Make rulers available in ALL office apps, not just Word. Getting columns and rows to fit correctly on a page is important. It shouldn't be a chore. Just make the rulers available so we can see what we are doing without having to go into and out of page...

Displaying a ruler
Is there a ruler to display in Microsoft Office Onenote? If you think of a ruler similar to the one in Word, then no. However, you can have ruled lines if you go to Format > Rule Lines and then select a style for ruled lines. I hope this helps. "stutz123" wrote: > Is there a ruler to display in Microsoft Office Onenote? ...

resetting ruler
I want to set my ruler by 1/8 inches--like an architect's or landscape designer's ruler. I.e., I want to view the units as 1/8 of an inch. CAn I do that? Charley My rulers are already marked in .125 increments. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "macmartin@igc.org" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3b0b01c4afaf$2341a9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want to set my ruler by 1/8 inches--like an architect's > or landscape designer's ruler. I.e., I want to view the > units as 1/8 of an inch. CAn I do that? > > Charl...

How do I make ruler/grid in binary divisions rather than decimal?
With inches, the dimensional are usually specified as binary fractions: in 1/2th, 1/4th, 1/8th, etc. Visio seems to support only decimal divisions on grid and rulers. Any possibility to show them with binary divisions? any custom script? Found it: Change units to just "Inches" (instead of "Inches (decimal)"). Should not it be default for mechanical drawings with US units? "Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%232rJVlXYGHA.3832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With inches, the dimensional are usually specified as binary fract...

I CANNOT SET THE RULER ORIGINS BY DOUBLE CLICKING AS INSTRUCTED.
I have just installed a new version of Publisher 2003. When I try to reset the ruler origins by double clicking as intructed nothing happens. Can someone tell me wat I may be doing wrong? Thank you. Works for me Searched Publisher 2003 assistance for: "ruler" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=FX%2CHA%2CHP%2CQZ%2CRC%2CXT&Query=ruler&App=PB -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lesbill" <lesbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AA8052E-7AC6-440A-A482-0...

How do I change the ruler to inches in access
It's generally considered polite to put your question in the body of the post, rather than strictly post a subject. As well, details such as what version of Access and of Windows can be useful. That having been said, Access gets its unit of measure from the operating system. The only way to have the ruler in Access be in inches is to choose U.S. rather than Metric for the Measurement Units in Regional Settings in the Control Panel. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Johnotaker" <Johnotaker@discussions.microsoft...

Visio 2003 Ruler & Grid lines
I want to use Visio to do some framing plans. Can I set the Grid lines and Ruler to 16"...? Can I move the Ruler...? Thanks, Tom... On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:03:42 -0500, "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >I want to use Visio to do some framing plans. >Can I set the Grid lines and Ruler to 16"...? >Can I move the Ruler...? menu Tools -> Ruler & Grid -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Got it Grid spacing = Fixed... Thanks...! "Paul Herber" <SubstituteMy...

Scrollview with Rulers
Hi all, I need to develop a CScrollview derived class with rulers. Does anybody have an idea of how to do it or does anybody have a sample application ? which would be very helpful. Thanx in advance thanvir thanvir, You might want to experiment with two dialog bars docked to the left- and top side of the frame respectively - as you will probably not want the scrollbars to move the rulers as well :-))) I did a project with a ruler here: http://www.codeproject.com/richedit/rulerricheditctrl.asp where you will find an implementation of a window and a ruler that might be of some guidance to ...

ruler & scale
Hi, Can I set the ruler to start at a specicif measurement in x amount of intervals. Eg. i want the ruler to be from 0-22-44-66-88. So the intervals must be 22. IS this possible? Also can i start the ruler at 418 and also increase intervals of 22. That means the ability to start at any number which is divisble by 22. Thanku Already answered in microsoft.public.visio.developer - Chris "jess" <jessnair@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:en5axca1FHA.1564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can I set the ruler to start at a specicif measurement in x amount of >...

Scale/Ruler displays incorrectly
I have a simple drawing, 1:1 scale, inches, nothing fancy. The kind you get by pressing the "new" button and not changing anything. I'd like to have 100% zoom display as actual size (1 in on screen = 1 in on diagram). However, 100% zoom appears to be displaying closer to a 114% factor. I know Photoshop has a way to tell it what your screen DPI is. Is there a way to fix this problem in Visio? Thanks! Carlos ...

tab formatting on ruler
When creating a document and I set my margins and tab the stylus (or whatever that pointer thing is called) lines up perfectly with the marks on the ruler. After saving document and then I go back to edit the document, when I try to move the stylus, it does not line up with the mark. It is either a little before the number of a little after. If I hold down the Alt key and move the stylus it moves in small increments and I can line it up. Any idea why this does this and how I can fix it. It is very time consuming to have to do this. Thank.s If you are trying to use t...

ruler in inches
My ruler has centimeters. How do I change to inches please? -- K http://mcatprep.yolasite.com/ Whether they are centimeters or character units, see the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "k" <mcatest@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:53AF0BA5-57E2-407E-B5C2-47175BC9806F@microsoft.com... > My ...

I would like to insert a ruler across the top and side of my scree
This seems like it should be simple but I can't find it Barb, There isn't one. You could make one with the Drawing toolbar. If it's linear measurement (such as inches or cm), you're interested in, a ruler would apply only to printing, not the screen, since the screen can be zoomed up or down, different size monitors can be used, and the monitor resolution changed, all affecting the physical size of the stuff displayed. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Barb33949" <Barb33949@discussio...

Keyboard shortcuts & resetting ruler zero points
I recently moved to Visio '07 from 2000, and I find that many of the keyboard shortcuts available in the older version appear to be missing. For instance F8 used to call up the Align Shapes dialog. Are they no longer used, or might there be an "add-on" to the app that has the shortcuts or allows them to be set? Also, is there a way to reset the zero points on the rulers or are these points fixed? Thanks -- Ron On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:35:03 -0700, RonDay <RonDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently moved to Visio '07 from 2000, and I find that many o...

US Letter Size not displaying correctly with the rulers in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Print Layout View the rulers are displaying the incorrect measurements for US Letter. When I print, the output on paper does not look anything like the Print Layout view. <br><br>When I view the rulers, they are only showing about 7 1/4in for w, and 9in for length even though I have selected US Letter (8.5 X 11) under page set up. So I am typing in Word with 7X9 and the printer is receiving it correctly since it thinks Word is sending it 8.5 X 11 (this happens when printing to PDF as well) <br...

Reading ruler/marker/thingy
Hi, Are you familiar with the process of using a ruler or (I'm talking about actual paper here, not a computer screen) if preferable using those rulers with a colored transparent strip in them to mark the page you're reading or proofing? As you move further in the document you mark the line your reading with the ruler. Kinda like keeping a finger pressed below the last word you've read. It makes it easy to proof against another copy when you must move back and forth between pages without getting lost. Does Word have a similar feature? Something that when click...

Where are tab button and vertical ruler?
I can't find the tab button or the vertical ruler - found the horizontal ruler button, great. Did a search but the only tabs referred to are those across the ribbon. At the left end of this ruler found the hanging indents as before and in the space to the left of them, if I wiggle the mouse about, a label appears with a type of tab on it, click the mouse and it changes but spend ages wiggling the mouse to see what it has changed to. Totally time wasting, perhaps its me but if someone can help pleeeeeaaaassse, I'd be most grateful. Outlook 2007? Did you think to try a right, ...

Reset the ruler
Using Publisher 2002 and XP. How may I change the ruler settings to inches and ensure that this change becomes the default? At present whenever I've reset to inches and carry out a task in another prog or switch off, when I return to publisher, the rulers are back in metric. Help. Look in the Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel to be certain you have the US selected. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John" <non_such@blueTONyonder.cNEo.uk> wrote in message news:q9ggf0dm9d85hcmi94i541...

Markers on the ruler
In Publisher 2000, whenever I placed a picture or text box, there were small black lines just inside the rulers that moved with the picture or text box, showing me the exact placement. I now have Publisher 2003, and it doesn't seem to have this feature. I'm hoping that it is available, but I just haven't figured out how to "turn it on" yet. llm wrote: > In Publisher 2000, whenever I placed a picture or text > box, there were small black lines just inside the rulers > that moved with the picture or text box, showing me the > exact placement. I now have Pub...

Ruler Increments
I need the ruler to measure in 16ths of an inch instead of the default of 8ths. Is this possible? I know I can change the unit of measurement or I can make it not snap to grid, but that's not what I need to do. Heather Crowe <Heather Crowe@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need the ruler to measure in 16ths of an inch instead of the > default of 8ths. Is this possible? I know I can change the unit of > measurement or I can make it not snap to grid, but that's not what I > need to do. The ruler measures in whatever it can reliably sho...

moving layout or ruler guides above everything? in Publisher 2003
Is there any way to move either the layout guides or ruler guides to the very top of all items on the page? When I import an image (JPG photo) to use as my background and make it as big as the whole page, it covers all the guides and I can not see the layout guides or any of the ruler guides I drag out. Even if I use 'Order' and 'Send to Back' it does not move the photo behind the guides. Is there a solution to this? Since my photo covers the whole page, the guides do not even peek out at the edges of the layout. Bulka9190 wrote: > Is there any way to move either th...

Can't move the ruler
I have tried the directions in Help...change the curser and drag, but that doesn't seem to work. I know I have done it in eariler versions. All I get is a line with no ruler???? Thanks, Carole MS Pub 2003 Win XP Home Dell Inspiron 5100 Lots of disk space 1G ram All updates current Hold shift..and drag. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carole" <ckhelmig@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:qEald.1954$G36.129@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I have tried the directions in Help...chang...

Word 2007 Ruler automatically ON after installation
At the first sorry for my bad English, its not my preferred mother language We Deploy Office 2007 automatically by an Client Management Suite, that works well and fine. But one Problem is left. The Horizontal Ruler in Word 2007 by default is off. What's the Solution to turn the Ruler after or by the installation automatically on. No interact needed by the User. Is ther an Registrykey or Works that only whit VBA? Thx for any Answeres ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

Excel that has built-in ruler...
Dear Sir, I want the microsoft excel that has buit-in rular. Is there a plan for that. Or have some add-in already? Please advise for this. Best Regards, Myint Soe Oo ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/def...