outlook rule #4

I need to save a copy of an email sent to me each day. I need it saved
each day in a different folder on a shared drive per date.

For example,
Email received on 4/30/07 needs to be saved on S:\email\2007\april
\043007\
Similarly,
Emailed received on 4/29/07 needs to be saved on S:\email|2007\april
\042907\

would it be possible to set up a rule that will save a copy of this
email to a different folder each day?

Any help would be much appreciated !

salmansaif@gmail.com <salmansaif@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to save a copy of an email sent to me each day. I need it saved
> each day in a different folder on a shared drive per date.
>
> For example,
> Email received on 4/30/07 needs to be saved on S:\email\2007\april
> \043007\
> Similarly,
> Emailed received on 4/29/07 needs to be saved on S:\email|2007\april
> \042907\
>

> would it be possible to set up a rule that will save a copy of this
> email to a different folder each day?

There is no built-in Outlook action that will copy a message to an external
Windows folder.  YOu'll have to either write VBA code or acquire a
third-party tool that can do it.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/1/2007 2:13:22 PM
On May 1, 10:13 am, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> salmans...@gmail.com <salmans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I need to save a copy of an email sent to me each day. I need it saved
> > each day in a different folder on a shared drive per date.
>
> > For example,
> > Email received on 4/30/07 needs to be saved on S:\email\2007\april
> > \043007\
> > Similarly,
> > Emailed received on 4/29/07 needs to be saved on S:\email|2007\april
> > \042907\
>
> > would it be possible to set up a rule that will save a copy of this
> > email to a different folder each day?
>
> There is no built-in Outlook action that will copy a message to an external
> Windows folder.  YOu'll have to either write VBA code or acquire a
> third-party tool that can do it.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Any ideas on 3rd party add-ons?
Do you think the VBA code is fairly simple for this operation?

Thanks!

Stationaries in Outlook
Does anyone know how to create templates in Outlook??? Like a newsticker you want to fill with different information every week. Thanks!!! (this used to be very simple in Lotus Notes..) Hi, It seems that there are many ways to create templates in Outlook. The simplest one, in my view : 1. Create a message, in any format you like (plain text, RTF, HTML), add all elements you like 2. Save it as an OFT file 3. Go in the file explorer, drag the file and drop it on your Outlook bar 4. Every time you click on this shortcut in the Outlook bar, it creates an instance of the template. Frederic &q...

Outlook 2003 News

'Send immediately when connected' option in Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 with a single profile which contains two accounts; a Microsoft Exchange Server account (for work email) and a POP3 account (for home email). I have two questions: In Tools/Options/Mail Setup there is a checkbox labeled 'Send immediately when connected'. If I uncheck this option, any email I send through my Exchange account sits in the outbox until I manually perform a send/receive. Is this normal? The option's label suggests (to me) that it applies *only* when starting up Outlook (a bit like Outlook Express's 'Send and receive messages at startup...

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

I have just set up MS Outlook 2007 and can't send email messages
I have just set up MS Outlook 2007 and can't send email messages ... I receive error message # 80042109, cannot connect to outgoing server. I receive email messages without a problem but my outgoing messages are sitting in my outbox. I have checked with my ISP providr and they believe I have set up Outlook correctly. Can anyone please help? Post the complete error message as per verbatim -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "FCDECOSTANZO" <FCDECOSTANZO@discussio...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Error in Outlook Today

outlook 2k2 problem

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

Viewing Active Tasks in the Outlook Today View
I really like the Outlook Today view, as it lists upcoming appointments, emails, tasks, etc. However, I can not get it to show my active tasks that have started but are due at a later time (not today). Outlook today will show my active tasks that are due today, but it just won't show tasks that, for example, are due tomorrow. This is bothersome because I want it to show all active tasks, and not just ones that are due today. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! There are a couple of options associated with Task showing and sorting, have you checked via the customize...

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

Outlook Client #3

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...