Outlook RPC over HTTP connection defaulting to wrong username

Hi, we have an exchange 2007 server, I have just setup a new laptop,
and all works ok until I try to connect remotely to my mailbox. Upon
opening outlook I am prompted for username, but each time the username
defaults to my windows username instead of domainname\username that I
need to enter.
I have tried saving this logon info for my user account in control
panel > user accounts > advanced etc but as every time I open outlook
when off my LAN the username shows incorrect and I have to type out
the whole domainname\username and it logs in fine. My previous laptop
always defaulted to domainname\username.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have tried NTLM and basic authentication on the outlook settings but
no luck, other users on our server dont have the same problem, I am
using Windows XP SP3 and Outlook 2007 SP1

0
mark5085 (1)

Outlook 2003 unsafe attachment
Outlook 2003 has removed what it regards as an "unsafe attachment" from email I have received from a good friend whose attachement I trust. How do I get the file and, more important, how do I turn off this "feature"? This has happened to me several times and it has never been correct. In all cases, the email was from people I know well and the attachments were safe. I hate programs that think they are smarter than their users. Steve Buroff Safer is to instruct people not to send you scripts or programs in an uncompressed format. For more info and instructions on how to...

Outlook 2003 #284
Why is it when I want to insert an attachment into an email in Outlook 2003 and the browse window pops up for the file, I try to change the directory for the file, the window stops responding and locks up and I have to force quit Outlook (sometimes having to reboot!) Argghhhh!....Help me Please.... ...

Outlook 2007 ignoring "don't save changes" in calendar
HI, I have a strange problem with Outlook 2007 and am hoping someone can assist. It goes something like this: - I create a meeting request for 3pm today (the time doesn't matter) and send it to someone. - I then open up that appointment/meeting in my calendar and change the time to 5pm. - Before saving or sending the update I decide that I actually don't want to change the time of the meeting. - I press the X button to close the window and I'm asked whether I want to save the changes and send an update, or don't save changes. - I click don't save changes...

calendar template wrong dates
I downloaded a calendar template at: http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT010358990.aspx I spent several hours entering information into the months only to find later that the dates were wrong on the calendar. I downloaded: http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT010358990.aspx#ai:TC010364905| 2010 calendar with blue border. What is the secret here? endurobob I forgot to say that the days of the week and the dates on the template calendars from Microsoft are wrong for 2010. I don't get it. "endurobob" wrote: > I downloaded a calendar t...

outlook 2007 automation from Access
I have mulitple office versions installed (Access 97, 2000, 2003, Office 2003, Office 2007) Unitl recently automation to Outlook from Access worked (in Access 2003) However something (update, installation of visio, project 2003,...?????) created an issue. Any of my code trying to create the outlook object gives the following kind of error: "automation error, the specified module could not be found" The reference is set to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSOUTL.OLB", this file is still there? Is there any way to register this file again or to solve it otherwi...

Applying a .PRF file for outlook
Hi all, I wish to deploy a outlook prf file so that the first time a user logs into a machine their email account is set up and ready to use. I have created the prf file, added it into our login script but I would like it to be completely silent. Currently when a new user logs in (for the first time on that machine) it will setup Office 2003 then when implementing the PRF file it will ask to input the new settings or not. (Well to put it simply anyways). How would I have this automatically select the yes option without the user knowing about anything that has happened and that it has all bee...

outlook on my laptop
I use my laptop for work and personal use at home and at the office. The outgoing smtp is different at home and the office. Is there a way which i can input both smtps and say if i am at home or the office? See whether one of the SMTP servers can be used to send through, via authenticated relay (you enter your login name and password in your account settings in order to use it). If that isn't possible, see http://www.ashemimry.com/ M@ wrote: > I use my laptop for work and personal use at home and at > the office. The outgoing smtp is different at home and > the office. Is...

Outlook 2003 PST Lock
Does anyone know if the following reg key value works with Outlook 2003? Create the following registry key Outlook XP: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0 \Outlook\PST Add the following DWORD value: PSTDisconnectDelay Set the timeout delay in seconds. For example, setting PSTDisconnectDelay=120 (decimal) sets the timeout to two minutes. Restart Microsoft Outlook. ...

Outlook 97 and IMAP ****URGENT****
Hello, ****URGENT**** It is very urgent , i need to know if it is possible to use outlook 97 through IMAP. i know it is not supported to use IMAP with outlook 97 but is it possible ? I found this site : http://www.tamu.edu/neo/clients/ol97/#SettingupIMAP which let me think it is possible. Unfortunately, i can't test. Thank you in advance, Matthieu. Outlook 97 natively supports only POP3, not IMAP4. I don't know of any third-party IMAP components for Outlook 97. I'd suggest an upgrade. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstar...

how do i change the default directory in Outlook?
I do not use the My Documents Directory. The bulk of the files I save are kept on a server drive which is backed up daily. I wish Outlook to default to this server directory when I am saving. Outlook 2003. Jeff Bryenton <Jeff Bryenton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I do not use the My Documents Directory. The bulk of the files I save > are kept on a server drive which is backed up daily. I wish Outlook > to default to this server directory when I am saving. Outlook 2003. One way is to change the definition of "My Documents" so that it points to the server. A...

Network Connection
How do I remove or delete a network connection. I bought my laptop to the office and connected to our network, now I can't get on the internet using my phone line. ...

How do I set up Microsoft Outlook 2002 on my PC?
How do I set up and/or configure Microsoft Outlook 2002 on my PC? It's installed and activated on my PC but I can't send or receive any mail. Thank You! Steve ssmith wrote: || How do I set up and/or configure Microsoft Outlook 2002 on my PC? || It's installed and activated on my PC but I can't send or receive || any mail. Thank You! || Steve Have you set up an Email Account? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ssmith wrote: > How do I set up and/or configure Microsoft Outlook 2002 on my PC? It's &g...

Outlook 2002 error on open
When I first open Outlook, I get the following error: The add-in "C:\winnt\system32\avgxch32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair.... I tried using the Detect and Repair but all I get is something like a setup procedure which completes but does not solve the problem. I'm using Win2k prof. Help will be appreciated. Neil ...

http//www.microsoft.com/emea/Office2007beta/9/
Har fått en ny version av nya office 2007 av Pc för all med omöjligt att komma fram på ovanstående adress för id:nr Kan jag få hjälp med detta? ...

Draft Email Disappears : Outlook 2007
Using outlook 2007 sp2 on vista business sp2 I took half an hour to compose a complex email message Didn't send it because the recipients email is temp not working Several hours later I 'saved it' using the icon in the top rh corner Incidentally in tools/options/email preferences/the box for save unsent email is also ticked I then closed the email and was about to close outlook, cos I wanted a backup when I thought I'd check the drafts folder to ensure the email was saved in there It wasn't, where could it be? I looked in 'sent' but it wasn't there, I'm a...

Database connection
I replaced the server PC with one that's newer that I had as a spare PC. I am trying to connect to the default database before connecting to the PC with the register to switch that PC from running as the server as it is now. How do I point the POS PC to the PC in the back to use its database. I already have the workgroup setup and each PC sees the others' files that I allowed it to see. And, I am trying to connect to the default database on the back PC with no luck, what do I have to do to connect tho the sample database at least. All required software is installed, but I sti...

outlook password?
What would be the simplest way to password protect outlook on my pc or more importantly my outlook mail account there are other user accounts on my outlook I would like me to be the only 'retriever' thanks Best is create separate computer logon accounts for each user. Other options depend on your Outlook version and account type. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "russell sullivan" <russellsullivan@silkscre...

Outlook 2002 #142
When I try to send a new emal message I can type in the to: email, the subject, but when I try to type a message nothing happens. I type and there is nothing there. I have searched the settings but can't find anything. Thanks Here are several suggestions: 1) Close Outlook , search for and rename 'frmcache.dat". Restarting Outlook will recreate this file. Then test. 2) Try a new .pst file. Your current personal folders file could be corrupted. If this is the case, then import your old data into the new .pst file. -------------------- >From: "Sam" <sa...

Outlook 2003 locks up on replies
I have a problem with Outlook 2003 locking up on replies to emails. I have to close Outlook and go back into it to get Outlook to work again. I have deleted the users local profile, deleted the mailbox and recreated it, changed out different computer, change the data jack and even put the user on wireless. It has to be something following the user? It happens at different timesof the day, but mainly in the afternoon. ...

Cannot Install Outlook Client
When I try to install the Outlook client for CRM, the installation tells me that Outlook is not installed. I have Outlook with Office SP2 installed. Everything should be fine. But that is where I am stuck. Any ideas? I and others are having the same problem... We have NOT received an answer yet, hoping MS gives us one... Ryan "Daniel Vaudrin @ pre2post.com" <DanielVaudrinpre2postcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C0D8943-E1D3-4C55-B9E0-0D2C424818BB@microsoft.com... > When I try to install the Outlook client for CRM, the installation tells >...

Importing email from Gmail to outlook 2007
I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i stated using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new and not the old email which were already there in my Gmail account please help me out with this. "Manish Rathod" <Manish Rathod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71B136DC-B04C-4872-B572-523B8ABC5E6D@microsoft.com... >I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i >stated > using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new > and > not the old email...

Outlook XP and 200 Clients talk to Exchange 2003
Can Outlook XP/2000 clients who are using MAPI communicate with an Exchange Server 2003 installation or do the clients need to be Outlook 2003 also They will work fine. Outlook 2003 offers some additional capabilities with Exchange 2003 but other versions will work fine. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Kevin Wilson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A51109B-F0D9-4398-A5C0-82F8DDE491D9@microsoft.com... > Can Outlook XP/2000 clients who are using MAPI communicate with an Exchange Server 2003 insta...

Outlook Keeps Restarting 03-15-10
My Outlook 2007 restarts about every 5-10 minutes. I have made sure I have the current updates. It restarts while I am using Outlook, as well as when it is idle. I have no problems with my other Office 2007 applications. -- Rick A What is logged to the Event Viewer about this at the time that Outlook is closed? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/317 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World ...

Meeting Requests in Outlook
I have SBS Exchange 2003. When I send a meeting request to one of my users(A), I will get a "user doesn't exist" error from another email address(B) that doesn't exist anymore. How would it be forwarding to (B) if that user doesn't exist anymore and that user was removed from (A)'s delegates? Hi, Please check if user A was delegate of user B and check if user A shows up as delegate of the other users. Maybe the checkbox 'Delegate recieves copies of meeting-related messages sent to me.' is still on for user A on one of the meeting request recipients....

Forwarded emails go to wrong mailbox
Can you help? I've configured Exchange Server 2003 so that emails are routed to individual staff Mailboxes. This works except for emails that have been forwarded to us from a new domain we are using, in this case all the emails arrive in my Mailbox. I've double-checked and the emails are being forwarded from the domain to the same email address as the emails that arrive and are routed correctly. What is going wrong? On Fri, 26 May 2006 04:01:01 -0700, Roger Morbey <Roger Morbey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you help? > >I've configured Exchange Serv...