Outlook Resource

Hi All,

I have a Outlook resource called ConferenceRoom1. Is it possible to
configure this resource when selected to automatically go in the resource
field when choosing from catagores such as required, optional, and resource?
I am constentlly having problems with users who for get to book the
conference room as a required instead of resource.

Thanks in advace.

Claude

0
cgrecea (2)

No.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Claude Grecea" <cgrecea@shionogi-usa.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a Outlook resource called ConferenceRoom1. Is it possible to
> configure this resource when selected to automatically go in the resource
> field when choosing from catagores such as required, optional, and
> resource? I am constentlly having problems with users who for get to book
> the conference room as a required instead of resource.
>
> Thanks in advace.
>
> Claude

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Wrong time in Outlook
Hi, I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem. Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of course. Thanks for your help. Ralf is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account for the difference. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Outlook 2000 shortcut no repsone
Hi all , I have problem when i in outlook 2000 using open shortcut to file in email , eg. //fileserver/share , after that i try to double click the shortcut no respond , but http://www.yahoo.com is work , i reset the IE default setting also can't work , what seem the problem , pls advise , thx Stanley ...

moving mail/contacts from outlook express_ to_ outlook
I can not find any of my Outlook Express saved items: Thought they were at a location similar to below: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail Searched by *.dbx / *.ibx / *.pst and opening every subfolder. Got a little ahead of ourselves and "switched" from OE to Outlook - Comcast claimed OE was the same or better, but we missed some of the Outlook features. Now we have lost our "address books" and some important attachments that were still within emails...the emails are downloaded somewhere on this hardrive as we have not deleted a thing...right ? ...

Excel working in with Outlook
I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook. One thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to be re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry, record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time, late at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare. Is ther...

Sync Issues Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2000
We've got a number of remote users who up until recently have bene working fine with synchronising mailboxes at home, then suddenly all users end up doing a full sync taking ages instead of a normal. Is there a setting on the serve that could of changed? Paul ...

file send to as attachment outlook 2007
When using in word or excel command "send a copy of the document in an e-mail message as an attachment", outlook creats a new e-mail message with the document attached as it should be done. Then I add text in message body, and send the mail. It arrives only with the attachment. The text in message body disappears. This happens only if I work in outlook chache mode. My os is winXp Pro, and my server is SBS 2003. It used to work correct, until somthing happened. Any idea to solve? Thank you Zipi ...

Language change in outlook express
Hi, I cannot change th language to english in outlook express by defult it has French. please help me how to change in options. i check all my regional settings shows english(us) execpt in word and express. -- Nisha P nishkrish <nishkrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot change th language to english in outlook express by defult > it has French. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] nishkrish Ask in the Outlook Express newsgroups Outlook Express with IE7 http://www.microsoft.com/co...

Sorting all folder contents in Outlook 2002??
My personal folders and sub-folders are presently not sorted by received date, so it's a pain to constantly have to hit the "received" tab when I open a folder to see the newer messages on top. Is there a way to change the default setting and have ALL my folders sorted by "received" date? Thanks Is there anyway i can make the addresses i see show up when i am reading a thread. reset the view - right click on the field names and click on the customize menu thenchoose reset. if you need help finding the reset option, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/viewm...

macros have gone missing in Outlook 2003
For some reason, my macros are no longer showing up in Outlook 2003. I have no clue as to what's going on. I still have the VbaProject.OTM file in my "Documents and Settings\Walter\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" folder, if that matters -- I can't figure out any way to make Outlook aware of it. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Walter ...

WIN98 Outlook 2000 Distributed Authentication Error
Using WIN98 2nd Edition and Office2000 Outlook. Dial-up connects to internet fine and operates fine, Outlook comes up fine and logs into e-mail server, however just before e-mail is supposed to start downloading I get the following: "An error occurred loading the Distributed Password Authentication Components." After clicking OK, get message box "Microsoft Server Extensions" and message "Unable to read configuration information for Microsoft Personal Web Server error code 1723." Uninstalled Office2000 and totally reinstalled, only to get the same exac...

Not possible to remove mail reminders in outlook 2002
Hiya, I have a big problem with old mail that keeps popping up as reminders. I've tried to start outlook with /cleanreminders and another parameter without luck. Is there anyway that I can delete these reminders for sure? My mail originally comes from outlook in office 97, I know use outlook 2002. The mail that I get reminders on are mails from that period. Very grateful for any help that you can give me. - Kjell Arne ...

3 instances of outlook in task manager
XP pro box office2000 with all the latest service packs. Outlook disappears and appears to be closed but three instances are running in task manager Stop top outlook.exe process and the other two open. Help ...

Outlook 2002 connector: problem connecting with Domino server because of NAMELookup2 problem
Hi, I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5 server, but I can get no connection. From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end of the mail file name. From the MSOCLog.txt file <<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg <<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC NumNames=1 ...

RSS Feeds in Outlook 2007
Until recently all my RSS feed messages appeared in the unread folder in my favorites and I could scroll through and read them. Now they only appear under RSS feeds as separate feeds. How do I change this so that they appear all together in the unread folder? Pat ...

International Dictionary Outlook 2003 and Office 2003
Is there a way of permanently locking the Spell Check Dictionary for Outlook 2003 and Office 2003 to English (Australian)? Mine always reverts back to English (U.S.) Cheers Ian What language OS do you have? Did you check your keyboard settings in Control Panel? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ian Mitchell asked: | Is there a way of permanently locking the Spell Check Dictionary for | Outlook 2003 and Office 20...

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?
I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should use excel to name the range of data to be imported. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/ and then follow the instructions from the wizard. Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

Error 0x800CCC13 in Outlook
Hi, We have several clients using a variety of Outlook versions (2000/XP/2003). Our mailserver is Exchange 5.5 running on a NT4.0 server, all availbale patches applied. All of a sudden clients can't send messages, the get error 0x800CCC13. I've looked up in TechNet and removed IE and OE completely, rebooted and reinstalled IE and OE, because of KB312349. Without any improvement. The problem is gone when removing the MS Exchange Server from the accountlist. Sending and recieving using POP3/SMTP does work. When the Exchange Server is selected but the primary storage location is ...

Tracking a Custom Outlook Form
One of our users has created a custom Outlook Contact form. It basically contains an additional text field and the form has no scripting in it whatsoever. He'd like to track these Outlook contacts in MSCRM. When the user attempts to track the contact by clicking the "Track in CRM" button on the CRM Outlook toolbar, he recieves the following error: This item type is not valud for promotion to Microsoft CRM. I attempted to reproduce the problem, yet the CRM isn't even available on the contact form on my computer. Is it possible to track Outlook contacts that are usin...

Outlook 2000 Password Problem
I have Outlook 2000 on my PC. One feature that I really like is that can type my password in once and for as long as that particular sessio is active the program will never ask me for my password again. Once leave the program the program will then again request the password fo email authentication. I have just gotten a laptop and I installe Outlook 2000 on it. The laptop makes me type in the password each time Is there a way for Outlook 2000 to remember my password each sessio without checking the Save Password box? Thanks, Chri ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

outlook to msn connector
Greetings: I recently removed xp from my computer and switched back to 98se because my processor was too slow. After switching back, I had to reload MSN 9.0. However, the program won't load because of a message that says I need the Outlook to MSN connector. Addtionally, my 98 files reloaded Outlook 2000. But the error message also indicates that I must reload 2002 or 2003. So I downloaded 2003 and message says my windows version does not support 2003. Here is my dilema. I went to the microsoft website to find the connector file and I can't find it. Please help this ameteur ...

LDAP Error in Outlook 2003
I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try to send an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server (81)". I can eventually send the email, but I get that message several times. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Outlook SLow #3
ANyone know why Outlook constantly freezes for about 10 seconds at random times? Will service pack 1 fix this?? >-----Original Message----- >ANyone know why Outlook constantly freezes for about 10 >seconds at random times? Will service pack 1 fix this?? >. >believe it or not, spyware may be causing the problem. Try running a program to delete any spyware on the system. This may be one reason. ...

Sharing Outlook 2003 #3
My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free ways to synchronise the two? R.Daneel Olivaw wrote: || My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a || home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free || ways to synchronise the two? WARNING: This is unsupported by Microsoft. You MUST take frequent backups of your pst file. On the one machine, move the pst file to a shared folder. Point Outlook on that machine to that location. On the second machine, either mov...

Outlook 2003 attachement not opened
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2003 and I have this problem: a friend sent = me an e-mail containing an attached e-mail message (signed, if it = matters), and Outlook wouldn't open it saying "An error occured in the = underlying security system". How can I open that file? Note that that file has a ZIP file attached, = so this could be the problem. Thanks in advance, Radu ...