Outlook removing "unsafe" attachments

Outlook is automatically removing attachments from e-
mails I am receiving because they are "unsafe". I trust
the user and want to turn this function off.  Please help
0
ahilelson (1)

Tools | Options | Security...

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the
Office
family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://www.tomsterdam.com

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Abbott" <ahilelson@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Outlook is automatically removing attachments from e-
> mails I am receiving because they are "unsafe". I trust
> the user and want to turn this function off.  Please help

0
mvp1 (459)

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your e-mail
Outlook express has given me the following message with regards to all the messages I have received from a reliable source which has attachments included. Does anyone know how I can open my e-mail attachments? HELP new to Outlook Express. Next time, research using groups.google.com - you will find several tens of thousands of the same answer: Tools->Options->Security tab. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own ne...

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements....
OE continues to removed attachments sent to me from work. the attachments are .xls or .doc and have been virus scanned on their end. OE removes them from my messages and I can not retrieve them. what can I change to fix this? See http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm Lari wrote: > OE continues to removed attachments sent to me from work. > the attachments are .xls or .doc and have been virus > scanned on their end. OE removes them from my messages > and I can not retrieve them. what can I change to fix > this? >-----Original Message----- >OE continues to re...

unsafe and GC
Hello! I have read in a book that garbage collector(GC) is allowed to (and needs) to move objects in order to defragment the heap. One thing that I wonder is what happen with those objects that I still have a reference to and is using ? This statement will not compile(in unsafe section) int* pa = new int[5]; in a program because of the following that I don't understand "What would happen if the garbage collector decide to move the object and we were pointing to it and using it" When having these kind of statement int* pa = new int[5]; You I have to use a fix...

"oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments" ?????
apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email attachments. how can i turn this off? In news:045101c36126$7eab8f90$a601280a@phx.gbl, jz13 <jz13@pacbell.net> typed: > apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open > attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email > attachments. how can i turn this off? Outlook Express does this by default, for any file type which *can* contain a virus. It's not a virus checker, doesn't actually check the attachments, and this doesn't mean...

Un- "Blocking unsafe attachments"?
I have been sent an exe file but it has been blocked by Outlook as potentially unsafe. How do I turn this feature off? Also tried lowering my security settings below medium, but it would not allow me. Very frustrating- a reflection of the dumming down of society and its inherent, self perpetuating paranoia! See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm If man wasn't out to prove a point by tricking his fellow man, stuff like this wouldn't be necessary. "Ozman" <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:uzZ8Wgi$FHA.3464@TK2MSF...

Blocking of unsafe attachments.
Whenever sending or recieving certain files (ex: *.exe or *.reg) Outlook reports, "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments". How does one turn this feature off within Outlook SR-1? You have installed the Outlook Security Update. I would suggest that you read about the update on Sue's site. This explains what and why things don't work the same with the patch installed: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm Opening .exe Attachments with the Outlook E-mail Security Update and Outlook 2002 http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.ht...

REPOST "NEO" Unsafe Attachments/links Edited Registry
I currently have two machines one with XP and office xp 2002, the other win 2000 and office 2000. Ever since updating outlook and office, I can not send links or executables. I have done what this article says ie; editing the registry and adding the extensions like .exe;.com;.aspx;.htm with the level1add and level1remove string value. It is still not working and frustrating as hell. I have not upgraded office to the 2003 version . Do you think that is the problem? Am I doing something wrong? If I recall when I first edited it I could send and executable ( I tried sending ...

Outlook Express: removes access to "unsafe" attachment
In order to be able to continue working on a file over the holidays I emailed it from my work email to my home email. I zipped it down before I sent it as it was over 6.5Mb. When I got home and opened up my email I got the message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail ..."! Why does OE interfere with my mail? This has never happened before, what do I have to do to be able to pick up a zip file from my email? Go to Tools | Options, and then to the security page. Close to the middle of the page is a check box that deals with potentially unsafe...

Why are links to docs or website blocked as unsafe
Two questions: I have a file on the network and a link to it on my desktop. I want to send this link to another user however when I email the link to the file, Outlook 2000 and 2003 block it and say it is unsafe. I know hot to unblock it, but the question is why is it blocked? Same thing fore Internet Shortcuts. What is the difference between sending a url file and just pasting in the link http://mysite.com? the URL file is an attachment that can hide the real location it points to - at least with text links the recipient can see where its going. the message you get when sendin...

Outlook Blocked access to the following potentionally unsafe attachments:AbetterSubForm.mdb.
An associate sent me a MS Access data base file and I received the following message: "Outlook Blocked access to the following potentionally unsafe attachments:AbetterSubForm.mdb.", so I was unable to view the attachment. Is there a way to set Outlook to be able to receive MS Access files? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. "DaveB" <Burrone50@msn.com> wrote in message news:41513D53-41B5-4B55-8A46-3B7C6E5E6A94@microsoft.com... > An associate sent me a MS Access data base file and I received the following message: "Out...

OE has blocked potentially unsafe attachments
Anyway to change the security settings without editting the registry so that I don't receive the "OE has blocked potentially unsafe attachments" message?? "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101d01c3b43a$6b90cb20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyway to change the security settings without editting > the registry so that I don't receive the "OE has blocked > potentially unsafe attachments" message?? Tools-Options-security. never heard of Google? this question has been asked THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of ...

unsafe attachment
My mother-in-law did the windows update thing toward the beginning of July . . . since then, her Outlook Express (which is the only way she can access her email) refuses to let in .pdf files. It will not allow access because they are "unsafe attachments . . ." even the test one I did off her own computer. She used to be able to recieve these no problem . . . is there something I can check or do to get that ability back? A security setting somewhere maybe? Thank you! D <djoyolsen@hotmail.com> wrote: > My mother-in-law did the windows update thing toward the >...

Unsafe attachments #8
My daughter sent me a URL for I site I've been looking for. Outlook 2003 displayed: "You are now viewing this message in the Internet Zone. Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: obit.url." How can I turn this blocking off? How can I get this URL since the mail message was now blank. I believe she was using IE on her office PC and just picked the "Mail To" button to send me the URL. I guess IE sends the URL's as attachments. I normally leave the messages on my ISP's server for a week so if there was a way to turn off this b...

What is an unsafe attachment?
I am creating my 3rd newsletter in Publisher and when I try to send this one as an email for proof reading, I am getting an error saying virus or unsafe attachment, pubCA6.tmp removed and no attachment at all is in the email. How can I correct this? My Norton is current and does not see a virus. Who is getting the error? You or the recipient? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "iclkid" <iclkid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7D6A3E7-F948-443E-9FA1-99233A1879A5@microsoft.com... >I am creating my 3rd newsletter in Publisher and when I try ...

Outlook 2003 unsafe attachment
Outlook 2003 has removed what it regards as an "unsafe attachment" from email I have received from a good friend whose attachement I trust. How do I get the file and, more important, how do I turn off this "feature"? This has happened to me several times and it has never been correct. In all cases, the email was from people I know well and the attachments were safe. I hate programs that think they are smarter than their users. Steve Buroff Safer is to instruct people not to send you scripts or programs in an uncompressed format. For more info and instructions on how to...

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your email
I cant read most of my emails because I keep getting an error message: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your email I know that these emails are safe Can anyone help. Pleeeeeze Thanks in advance Open OE and select Tools | Options | Security tab | uncheck second box from top concerning attachments. "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ef3501c43d46$d82c8d60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cant read most of my emails because I keep getting an > error message: > OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in &...

unsafe attachments #5
I cannot view most of the attachments sent to me. I get an error that reads "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:....." How can I fix this? I can send these attachments to another user on our system and he has no problems opening the attachments. Please help. Thanks Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow attachments... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft...

Outlook Removing "unsafe" url's
I know the thinking behind Outlook removing all *.exe files and url's from any email that comes in. However, this is really inconvenient when you know who is sending you something, and you can't retrieve it. I know about the renaming of the files to send executable attachments, but what about someone you KNOW sending you a URL that they want you to see? My version of Outlook (XP) removes it and there is no way to retrieve it. I can't find anything in the help sections that speak to adjusting this - I can't believe there is no chance of getting these url's through outloo...

OE 6.0 "Unsafe attachments"
Recently began receiving msg "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxx.jpg, yyy,jpg, etc." What's causing this? I am comfortable with these attachments and want to access them. How do I turn off this function, and how do I access attachments removed by this function? Happening on both Win 98 and XP Here is a link to an article that explains why this is happening and how to disable this feature in Outlook Express, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;291387. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partne...

Unsafe Attachments #6
I'm getting the following message when trying to open an attachment using Outlook Express: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail..." The attachments are OK, an associate is able to open them using identical SW. How do I fix this? Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Janice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29dc801c46519$48aea790$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the following message when trying to open...

OE removing "unsafe" attachments
Just starting using Outlook Express as my mail client at home and am having a problem with it removing attachments that I didn't configure it to. For example, I emailed myself a powerpoint presentation from my work email to home. When I opened the email there was a message above the address header that said: "OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" followed by the filename of the attachment. With the exception of a jpg, OE has deleted (or removed access to) EVERY attachment I've gotten. I attempted searching for various permutations ...

HELP
My customer has emailed a file I need. It's a .msi file (an install program) Outlook has blocked this attachment and I can't seem to get it. Any thoughts ?? Splishman Cancel this request I found the answer here... http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm It works a treat. Cheers Splishman "Splishman" <splishman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42afa71e@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > My customer has emailed a file I need. > It's a .msi file (an install program) > Outlook has blocked this attachment and I can't seem to get it. > > Any...

web links are unsafe attachments
I have been unable to receive any url's to web sites that others have sent me because Outlook says it is blocking an unsafe attachment. I prefer to make this decision for myself. Is there a way to tell Outlook 2003 to receive these attachments? Thanks, Yes, but better is to have them send to you as textlinks http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Seakayaker" <stevesjunk@sbcglobal.net> wrote i...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments #5
What do I need to modify in the registry to permit files with a certein extension to not be removed from emails? Thank you For more information on security features, see: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm and http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "rg" wrote: > What do I need to modify in the registry to permit files with a certein > extension to not be removed from emails? > > Thank you > > > ...

Outlook blocks access to potential unsafe attachments
I am running Outlook 2003 and have received an email with an attachment, (an ..exe file), which is safe but Outlook won't let me access it or save the attachment. It says that it has blocked the potentially unsafe attachment. How can I unblock this attachment. Kind regards, PK. Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone and Pat K said > I am running Outlook 2003 and have received an email with an > attachment, (an .exe file), which is safe but Outlook won't let me > access it or save the attachment. It says that it has blocked the > potentially unsa...