Outlook Read Email does not run my custom form (still)

Hello - I have a custom Email form in Outlook I have designed with a button
on it (with script code).  I have published the form.  I have unchecked the
"send form definition with item" at the property sheet.

When I click my custom button on the form it works great when I send an
Email to myself (as a test) in Outlook.  But, when I send the Email from my
application it does not work.  I'm thinking there is something wrong with
the code in my application and how it is launching the form.  If I click
Form, Run this form then the custom button works either way (whether I send
the form directly from outlook or from my application).  I am using this
code (Visual FoxPro Code):

loNameSpace = loApp.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
loOutbox = loNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(4)
loMsg = loOutbox.Items.Add("IPM.Note.A1OLNew")
loMsg.Display

Do I need to change my code?  I can't figure out why when I send it through
Outlook everything works but when I send it through my application it
doesn't.  I'm thinking my code is not accessing the published forms in
Outlook.  I don't know Outlook programming very well so all help would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike

0
appell1 (30)

I found out where in my code the form is being "one offed" such that the
button is not working.  When I try and insert text into my custom fields it
is being one offed.  This is the code I'm using (visual foxpro):

 loForm = .GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
 loDD = loForm.Controls("CaseCategory")
 loDD.Value = m.tcCatUse

The third line is what is causing my form to one-off.  Any idea why or what
I can do about it?

Thanks,
Mike

"Mike" <appell@appellsoftware.com> wrote in message
> Hello - I have a custom Email form in Outlook I have designed with a
> button
> on it (with script code).  I have published the form.  I have unchecked
> the
> "send form definition with item" at the property sheet.
>
> When I click my custom button on the form it works great when I send an
> Email to myself (as a test) in Outlook.  But, when I send the Email from
> my
> application it does not work.  I'm thinking there is something wrong with
> the code in my application and how it is launching the form.  If I click
> Form, Run this form then the custom button works either way (whether I
> send
> the form directly from outlook or from my application).  I am using this
> code (Visual FoxPro Code):
>
> loNameSpace = loApp.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
> loOutbox = loNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(4)
> loMsg = loOutbox.Items.Add("IPM.Note.A1OLNew")
> loMsg.Display
>
> Do I need to change my code?  I can't figure out why when I send it
> through
> Outlook everything works but when I send it through my application it
> doesn't.  I'm thinking my code is not accessing the published forms in
> Outlook.  I don't know Outlook programming very well so all help would be
> appreciated.  Thanks.
>

> Mike

0
appell1 (30)
6/3/2005 11:46:42 PM
Why are you setting a control value instead of the value of the property =
bound to that control? What is m? In any case, setting control values is =
not a known one-off cause. I bet it's something else.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

>I found out where in my code the form is being "one offed" such that =
the=20
> button is not working.  When I try and insert text into my custom =
fields it=20
> is being one offed.  This is the code I'm using (visual foxpro):
>=20
> loForm =3D .GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
> loDD =3D loForm.Controls("CaseCategory")
> loDD.Value =3D m.tcCatUse
>=20
> The third line is what is causing my form to one-off.  Any idea why or =
what=20
> I can do about it?
>=20
> Thanks,
> Mike
>=20
> "Mike" <appell@appellsoftware.com> wrote in message=20
>> Hello - I have a custom Email form in Outlook I have designed with a=20
>> button
>> on it (with script code).  I have published the form.  I have =
unchecked=20
>> the
>> "send form definition with item" at the property sheet.
>>
>> When I click my custom button on the form it works great when I send =
an
>> Email to myself (as a test) in Outlook.  But, when I send the Email =
from=20
>> my
>> application it does not work.  I'm thinking there is something wrong =
with
>> the code in my application and how it is launching the form.  If I =
click
>> Form, Run this form then the custom button works either way (whether =
I=20
>> send
>> the form directly from outlook or from my application).  I am using =
this
>> code (Visual FoxPro Code):
>>
>> loNameSpace =3D loApp.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
>> loOutbox =3D loNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(4)
>> loMsg =3D loOutbox.Items.Add("IPM.Note.A1OLNew")
>> loMsg.Display
>>
>> Do I need to change my code?  I can't figure out why when I send it=20
>> through
>> Outlook everything works but when I send it through my application it
>> doesn't.  I'm thinking my code is not accessing the published forms =
in
>> Outlook.  I don't know Outlook programming very well so all help =
would be
>> appreciated.  Thanks.
>>

>> Mike
>>

>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
6/3/2005 11:55:59 PM
Hi Sue - I have narrowed it down even further.  I have found that if I use:

 .UserProperties.Find("CaseCategory").Value = "TESTING"

then everything works and the form is not "one-offed"  But, it is a dropdown
so I would like to populate the dropdown box.  If I do it this way:

loForm = .GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
loDD = loForm.Controls("CaseCategory")
loDD.PossibleValues = m.tcCatAll
loDD.Value = "Test"

the form is again "one offed"  So it has something to do with setting
PossibleValues or even Values that is oneoffing the form.  Lines 1 and 2
above in the code do not oneoff the form but lines 3 and 4 oneoff the form.
Is there another way to set the PossibleValues without using a GetInspector
or something else I can do?  I have tested this with breakpoints and I know
the code above oneoffs the form.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Mike" <appell@appellsoftware.com> wrote in message
>I found out where in my code the form is being "one offed" such that the
> button is not working.  When I try and insert text into my custom fields
> it
> is being one offed.  This is the code I'm using (visual foxpro):
>
> loForm = .GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
> loDD = loForm.Controls("CaseCategory")
> loDD.Value = m.tcCatUse
>
> The third line is what is causing my form to one-off.  Any idea why or
> what
> I can do about it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> "Mike" <appell@appellsoftware.com> wrote in message
>> Hello - I have a custom Email form in Outlook I have designed with a
>> button
>> on it (with script code).  I have published the form.  I have unchecked
>> the
>> "send form definition with item" at the property sheet.
>>
>> When I click my custom button on the form it works great when I send an
>> Email to myself (as a test) in Outlook.  But, when I send the Email from
>> my
>> application it does not work.  I'm thinking there is something wrong with
>> the code in my application and how it is launching the form.  If I click
>> Form, Run this form then the custom button works either way (whether I
>> send
>> the form directly from outlook or from my application).  I am using this
>> code (Visual FoxPro Code):
>>
>> loNameSpace = loApp.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
>> loOutbox = loNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(4)
>> loMsg = loOutbox.Items.Add("IPM.Note.A1OLNew")
>> loMsg.Display
>>
>> Do I need to change my code?  I can't figure out why when I send it
>> through
>> Outlook everything works but when I send it through my application it
>> doesn't.  I'm thinking my code is not accessing the published forms in
>> Outlook.  I don't know Outlook programming very well so all help would be
>> appreciated.  Thanks.
>>

>> Mike

0
appell1 (30)
6/4/2005 12:47:02 AM
Forgot to mention, I'm using Outlook 2002.

> [...]
>>> with
>>> the code in my application and how it is launching the form.  If I click
>>> Form, Run this form then the custom button works either way (whether I
>>> send
>>> the form directly from outlook or from my application).  I am using this
>>> code (Visual FoxPro Code):
>>>
>>> loNameSpace = loApp.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
>>> loOutbox = loNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(4)
>>> loMsg = loOutbox.Items.Add("IPM.Note.A1OLNew")
>>> loMsg.Display
>>>
>>> Do I need to change my code?  I can't figure out why when I send it
>>> through
>>> Outlook everything works but when I send it through my application it
>>> doesn't.  I'm thinking my code is not accessing the published forms in
>>> Outlook.  I don't know Outlook programming very well so all help would

0
appell1 (30)
6/4/2005 12:50:10 AM
Here's the culprit:=20
   =20
    loDD.PossibleValues =3D m.tcCatAll

Instead, use the control's AddItem method or Row or Column property to =
populate the list. See =
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formcontrols.htm#listcombo

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Mike" <appell@appellsoftware.com> wrote in message =
> Hi Sue - I have narrowed it down even further.  I have found that if I =
use:
>=20
> .UserProperties.Find("CaseCategory").Value =3D "TESTING"
>=20
> then everything works and the form is not "one-offed"  But, it is a =
dropdown=20
> so I would like to populate the dropdown box.  If I do it this way:
>=20
> loForm =3D .GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
> loDD =3D loForm.Controls("CaseCategory")
> loDD.PossibleValues =3D m.tcCatAll
> loDD.Value =3D "Test"
>=20
> the form is again "one offed"  So it has something to do with setting=20
> PossibleValues or even Values that is oneoffing the form.  Lines 1 and =
2=20
> above in the code do not oneoff the form but lines 3 and 4 oneoff the =
form.=20
> Is there another way to set the PossibleValues without using a =
GetInspector=20
> or something else I can do?  I have tested this with breakpoints and I =
know=20
> the code above oneoffs the form.

0
suemvp (4038)
6/4/2005 1:21:27 AM
Sue - yes that seems to be the culprit and the AddItem is the workaround.  I
don't understand the reason Microsoft Outlook does a "one-off" when using
PossibleValues.  Any thoughts on why and why in general the One-Off was
implemented?

Thanks again for all your help.
Mike

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
Here's the culprit:

    loDD.PossibleValues = m.tcCatAll

Instead, use the control's AddItem method or Row or Column property to
populate the list. See
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formcontrols.htm#listcombo

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Mike" <appell@appellsoftware.com> wrote in message
> Hi Sue - I have narrowed it down even further.  I have found that if I
> use:
>
> .UserProperties.Find("CaseCategory").Value = "TESTING"
>
> then everything works and the form is not "one-offed"  But, it is a
> dropdown
> so I would like to populate the dropdown box.  If I do it this way:
>
> loForm = .GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
> loDD = loForm.Controls("CaseCategory")
> loDD.PossibleValues = m.tcCatAll
> loDD.Value = "Test"
>
> the form is again "one offed"  So it has something to do with setting
> PossibleValues or even Values that is oneoffing the form.  Lines 1 and 2
> above in the code do not oneoff the form but lines 3 and 4 oneoff the
> form.
> Is there another way to set the PossibleValues without using a
> GetInspector
> or something else I can do?  I have tested this with breakpoints and I
> know
> the code above oneoffs the form.

0
appell1 (30)
6/4/2005 3:54:48 AM
It makes a change to the form definition itself, and Outlook can persist =
that change only by storing the form definition in the item, which is =
what a one-off is.=20

> Sue - yes that seems to be the culprit and the AddItem is the =
workaround.  I=20
> don't understand the reason Microsoft Outlook does a "one-off" when =
using=20
> PossibleValues.  Any thoughts on why and why in general the One-Off =
was=20
> implemented?
>=20
> Thanks again for all your help.
> Mike
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> Here's the culprit:
>=20
>    loDD.PossibleValues =3D m.tcCatAll
>=20
> Instead, use the control's AddItem method or Row or Column property to =

> populate the list. See=20
> http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formcontrols.htm#listcombo

>=20
> "Mike" <appell@appellsoftware.com> wrote in message=20
>> Hi Sue - I have narrowed it down even further.  I have found that if =
I=20
>> use:
>>
>> .UserProperties.Find("CaseCategory").Value =3D "TESTING"
>>
>> then everything works and the form is not "one-offed"  But, it is a=20
>> dropdown
>> so I would like to populate the dropdown box.  If I do it this way:
>>
>> loForm =3D .GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
>> loDD =3D loForm.Controls("CaseCategory")
>> loDD.PossibleValues =3D m.tcCatAll
>> loDD.Value =3D "Test"
>>
>> the form is again "one offed"  So it has something to do with setting
>> PossibleValues or even Values that is oneoffing the form.  Lines 1 =
and 2
>> above in the code do not oneoff the form but lines 3 and 4 oneoff the =

>> form.
>> Is there another way to set the PossibleValues without using a=20
>> GetInspector
>> or something else I can do?  I have tested this with breakpoints and =
I=20
>> know
>> the code above oneoffs the form.
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

invalid email address

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Emails #3

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

outlook 97 and express email problems