Outlook pst files linked.

Have built a new PC using Windows Vista and Office 2003.  By default, the
..pst file is located under the "users" folder.  I was attempting to change
this to a C:\MyEmail directory.

However, while doing this, I now have 2 email connections in the "All Mail
Folders" area but both connected to the same .pst file.  Both are called the
same name and the folders and emails are identical.  When I select either
email connection, the Close "Peter" option is not enabled.  The email
functionality still works correctly.

I have removed Outlook from the PC & reinstalled but when reinstalled, it
again links twice to the same .pst file.  If I move the .pst file to another
location, when reinstalling I get a message that the .pst file doesn't
exist.

Is there a way to repair my system or how can I remove Outlook so that there
is no remnants of Outlook being installed.

Thanks

0
PJH

As we post here daily, you never move or manipulate a PST file in Windows
Explorer unless you have first disconnected it from your Outlook profile.
What you did will corrupt your Outlook profile every time.
Create a new Outlook profile and connect it to the PST file in its current
location:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003
--
Russ Valentine
"PJH" <macadair@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Have built a new PC using Windows Vista and Office 2003.  By default, the
> .pst file is located under the "users" folder.  I was attempting to change
> this to a C:\MyEmail directory.
>
> However, while doing this, I now have 2 email connections in the "All Mail
> Folders" area but both connected to the same .pst file.  Both are called
> the same name and the folders and emails are identical.  When I select
> either email connection, the Close "Peter" option is not enabled.  The
> email functionality still works correctly.
>
> I have removed Outlook from the PC & reinstalled but when reinstalled, it
> again links twice to the same .pst file.  If I move the .pst file to
> another location, when reinstalling I get a message that the .pst file
> doesn't exist.
>
> Is there a way to repair my system or how can I remove Outlook so that
> there is no remnants of Outlook being installed.
>
> Thanks

0
Russ
11/28/2009 8:10:46 PM
Thanks Russ

Your advice did the trick plus I learnt a little more about the product.

Peter

"Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> As we post here daily, you never move or manipulate a PST file in Windows
> Explorer unless you have first disconnected it from your Outlook profile.
> What you did will corrupt your Outlook profile every time.
> Create a new Outlook profile and connect it to the PST file in its current
> location:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "PJH" <macadair@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> Have built a new PC using Windows Vista and Office 2003.  By default, the
>> .pst file is located under the "users" folder.  I was attempting to
>> change this to a C:\MyEmail directory.
>>
>> However, while doing this, I now have 2 email connections in the "All
>> Mail Folders" area but both connected to the same .pst file.  Both are
>> called the same name and the folders and emails are identical.  When I
>> select either email connection, the Close "Peter" option is not enabled.
>> The email functionality still works correctly.
>>
>> I have removed Outlook from the PC & reinstalled but when reinstalled, it
>> again links twice to the same .pst file.  If I move the .pst file to
>> another location, when reinstalling I get a message that the .pst file
>> doesn't exist.
>>
>> Is there a way to repair my system or how can I remove Outlook so that
>> there is no remnants of Outlook being installed.
>>
>> Thanks

0
PJH

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

MS Money 95 data files

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Where is the workspace file stored?

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book