Outlook Problem During migration from office 2000 to office 2007

Hi,

My name is Govardhan.

I have some problem i feel people here can help me out.

I had office 2000 installed in my system and i had configured outlook with 2 mail id's of mine and was using it as my default mail.

Yesterday we had brought a new version of Microsoft Office 2007.
In a bit of hurry i did these things.

1. I immediately uninstalled present version of office 2000 without backing up my mails.
2. I installed Office 2007
3. I open my outlook
4. It migrated the settings of my previous outlook
5. It poped a message asking "DO u wish archieve old mails ?".
6. In a bit of hurry i closed that message by pressing the close button i didn't click neither yes or no
7. My outlook is opened. Now the real problem starts.
8. The mail-id configured were there but none of my previous mails are there now. I have lost all of them.

Can anyone please help me out. How can i recover all my previous mail. I know i should have backed up my mails but in a hurry i didn't do this.

Now i don't knw how to proceed and recover those old.

I did one more mistake when it asked me for archieving my mails i didn't choose the option but jst closed the messsage without selecting the option yes or no.

Can anyone help me out in recovering my old files.

Waiting for the response

my mail-id is mailto:apondu@gmail.com

Regards,
Govardhan

0
apondu (1)

Within Outlook, File>Open>Data File....and open your old data file, probably
named outlook.pst
Then copy data from old dat file to the new one

"apondu" <apondu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My name is Govardhan.
>
> I have some problem i feel people here can help me out.
>
> I had office 2000 installed in my system and i had configured outlook with
> 2 mail id's of mine and was using it as my default mail.
>
> Yesterday we had brought a new version of Microsoft Office 2007.
> In a bit of hurry i did these things.
>
> 1. I immediately uninstalled present version of office 2000 without
> backing up my mails.
> 2. I installed Office 2007
> 3. I open my outlook
> 4. It migrated the settings of my previous outlook
> 5. It poped a message asking "DO u wish archieve old mails ?".
> 6. In a bit of hurry i closed that message by pressing the close button i
> didn't click neither yes or no
> 7. My outlook is opened. Now the real problem starts.
> 8. The mail-id configured were there but none of my previous mails are
> there now. I have lost all of them.
>
> Can anyone please help me out. How can i recover all my previous mail. I
> know i should have backed up my mails but in a hurry i didn't do this.
>
> Now i don't knw how to proceed and recover those old.
>
> I did one more mistake when it asked me for archieving my mails i didn't
> choose the option but jst closed the messsage without selecting the option
> yes or no.
>
> Can anyone help me out in recovering my old files.
>
> Waiting for the response
>
> my mail-id is mailto:apondu@gmail.com
>
> Regards,
> Govardhan