outlook password won't save

I can't get outlook to remember my email account password.
It lets me type it in check the box  but it won't save it.
I have tried to create a new profile and that didn't help.
I have the current service packs installed for both the os
and outlook
0
akman175 (1)

Taskbar Outlook Question
I have an Outlook icon next to the clock right hand lower corner. How do I delete it? I already have one in my taskbar. Thanks, david You can't but you can customize you're Notification Area to hide it or rightclick it and choose "Hide when minimized" to remove it from the Taskbar. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "david" <chevie@mail.com> wrote in message news:jdeRd.50484$Th1.39608@bgtnsc04-ne...

save attachment dialog box
Does anyone know how to change the dialog box that opens up when you click on an attachment to open, instead of save? The boss thinks he wastes too much time changing the checkbox. My guess would be somewhere in the registry, but don't know where or how. What exactly do you mean? You mean the dialog that comes up and promps you to Save, Open or Cancel? The "Confirm Open after Download" can only be modified with local admnistrator permissions as it changes the registry of the local computer. Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

Outlook 2007 printing is slow
The President of our company called us up to his office this morning because his Outlook 2007 took 20 seconds to print out an email. He said it was printing fine on Friday. He's using Winxp sp3 with Microsoft Office 2007. The computer is only two months old. We printed to two different printers and that narrowed it down for us that Outlook 2007 had a problem. We ran a Office diagnostic and everything was fine. Word prints fine to both printers. We checked the print drivers and they are up-to-date. We even did a system restore and it still didn't work. The last updates he had were from ...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

Outlook 2002 & MS Mail
I know this may sound a very stange request but...! I have Windows XP PC with Outlook 2002 installed (as part of the XP office software). All my other PCs on my network are NT and have Outlook 2000. I can configure all these to be corporate emails connecting to a mail server. When I try and configure Outlook 2002 it will not let me select corporate and I do not have the choice of MS Mail server. Can anybody please help... Outlook 2002 does not directly support MS Mail but there is a workaround you can use to connect to it -- you can find it here: http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --...

Lost attachments after upgrading Outlook
I found a solution to a problem that must surely be plaguing others: the loss of attachments when upgrading from an earlier version of Outlook to a later version (to Outlook 2000 SP1?). I'm not sure when I lost the attachments, but based on my web sleuthing it seems like it was a result of updating from 2000 to SP1. Anyway, since I couldn't find a solution on the web easily, I'm posting this in hopes that either the page will be indexed by Google or that Microsoft will post a formal fix in its Knowledgebase. Here's the solution: find Outlook Express on your compu...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

printing outlook contacts
only "table style" available when printing outlook 2000 sp- 3 (9.0.0.6627) contacts, any attempt to change either "page setup" or "define styles" crashes (blue screen) ibm thinkpad t23 ...

Problem Sending Mail w/Outlook 2002
I receive and send a lot of email using Outlook 2002 and my Gmail account with no problem. However, I have two friends to whom I send emails that are always returned. I get an error message like this: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Invalid recipient: However, if I send the emails to them directly from Gmail, they go through just fine. Can anyone explain why they fail with Outlook? Pat This sounds like an issue with the SMTP server you have setup in outlook - not outlook itself. "patetc" <PatETC@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Scripting/Programming Outlook .PST Backups (advice sought)
Dear Colleagues: A while back I sought out the advise of some buddies who have far greater experience with scripting and programming than I do (which amounts to NULL) to create or improvise an organizational Exchange/Outlook .PST backup and restore solution. I made some headway in terms of the Outlook & Exchange 2000 side of the equation, however, my knowledge of scripting and programming being what they are, I find myself here again "electronically panhandling" hoping that somebody could shed some light on my dilemma(s). Our organization went from Exchange 5.5 to 20...

Outlook total number of emails bottom of blue pane how?
I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's gone! E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emails on the bottom of the blue navigation pane. All the help boxes say right click on folder - properties and display number but that gives it after each folder name. I don't want that Its ok - View and status bar fixed it - thanks "cstanley" wrote: > I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's > gone! > E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emai...

Prompting for Username and Password
Hi, I am currently investigating a move from GroupWise to Outook 2003 & Exchange. I have noticed a major security issue that I hope can be sorted. I am rolling out a Single Profile .PRF to all users, Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode connecting to an Exchange 2003 Server. I have noticed that when you load Outlook with the option "Always Prompt for a user name and password" that cached mail loads up in the background regardless of wether you have authenticated to the exchange server or not. This is a pretty major security risk ! With GroupWise, you can also run in Cach...

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

Save word 2003
I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents. There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I don't have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?) Any help greatly appreciated. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then repair Office 20...

Outlook 2003 Memory Hog
Should Outlook 2003 be using over 56,000k of memory?? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook Crashes for Meeting Requests
User at firm is getting the generic "Outlook.exe has generated an error message..." whenever they try to accept/decline meeting requests in Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 SP4 platform. Outlook will crash at the precise time they select Accept, Decline, or Tentative. Strange thing is that 2 of her AA's (on different machines!) get the EXACT same error message when then they try and accept/decline meetings for her. However they do NOT receive the error message upon accepting/declining meetings for any others at the firm. See below for Event Viewer log. Any help would be MUCH apprec...

HELP PLEASE with Outlook Message
WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen saying: Contacting then server for information. It then runs the green bars kinda like it is completing something and goes away. My email seems to be working ok but this just started. It is slowing me down very much. Has anyone information on this? All comments are appreciated very much. Keith Is it only on reading messages or elsewhere also? "Keith" <keithgirdley@blomand.net> wrote in message news:JOWdnej4T-nnY7jUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@neonova.net... > WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen s...

Cant Type Message in Outlook
Some time I am able to type in outlook and other time it will not work. I dont know that is going on or if there is something that I do to bring it on. I was answering my email this morning and when I got to the last one i was not able to type. Every key stroke it would ding at me. It did this to me before and the problem just went away. I have tried to reboot my computer and that didnt work. I have no idea. Thank You Mark ...

Viewing completed taks in outlook 2007
Is there a way of viewing all your completed tasks, the ones that are not being displayed. Once the task has been completed then this task is removed from the current view. The current view is ordered by categories, then priority and then by date. Many thanks in advance Hemant Have you tried changing the view to not filter out completed tasks or using another view. The Completed Tasks view will show those tasks "HB" <hemant.babbar@logicacmg.com> wrote in message news:1168964637.905306@ernani.logica.co.uk... > Is there a way of viewing all your completed tasks, th...

use USB security token in outlook
how can use security token in outlook. i want do encrypt message and signed mail with my security token. my token support pkcs#11 Dear YOu will need the certificates for same. You can find the free certificates of TAWTE for testing then you can send the encrypted messages. I hope this will help you. The best dual security is Alddin. It works fine. Best regards Sharad "Fanian" wrote: > how can use security token in outlook. > i want do encrypt message and signed mail with my > security token. > my token support pkcs#11 > ...

E-Mail Editor for Outlook 2003/Word2002:
Please explain to me step to step with E-mail Editor for Outlook 2003 and Word 2002: Thanks. David You only have one choice, you have to use the Outlook editor. You can't use Word 2002 as the email editor for Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "David Johnson" <david099@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:owI8d.3886$M05.2418@newsread...

Saving data #2
Hi all, I need to save data (results) from a base spread sheet program that i use on a weekly basis. i am in the middle of building this program, and have just discovered macros, but this, along with links is about my current knowledge of excel how can i automate to accumulate data from the base spread sheet (program) when i clear all data from the program to produce fresh results the following week, and to keep past data up to date and available for further use. Any help would be appreciated. legepe With a combination of formulas and dynamic named ranges, it is possible to just add the ...

Outlook and Word
I just had to reinstall Office XP and know, when I open Outlook a blank MS Word page come onto the screen. When I delete the page The Outlook screen is there. I uninstalled the office xp and reinstalled the program and the same thing happens. Is there any way I can get rid of this annoying problem Thanks in advance Tom Whalen ...

Outlook Client error w/MSDE SP4
When I try to install the Outlook Laptop client, it passes through everything but the MSDE Service Pack 4. It gets about halfway through the install and fails saying "User cancelled installation". I didn't do anything to cancel the installation. This happens on two laptops. The laptops are also running SBA, not sure if that's a factor or not. Either of 2 things are happening: you already have a default instance of MSDE installed on the laptops and you need to define an instancename (generally you will want to use the instancename: crm) or your MSDE install has a d...

Outlook 2003 on Vista
Have tried all sorts but can not get Outlook 2003 to send or receive on Vista, the test settings work and that actually sends a email as if i check with Windows Mail it receives the test message. In Outlook 2003 options the Send Receive option button does not bring up the Group Sending and other options window and the send receive button does nothing. Just switched to Mozilla Thunderbird and got everything working great, may just stay with that. "CampaMan" <campaman@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:ua0YgtZSJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Just switched to Mo...