Outlook OOF

The Out of Office Reply will not be sent outside the
network.  I have exchange 5.5 and have read the faqs but
the only fix I found did not work.  Here is the number
for the fix that I found: Q176161.
Thank you for your time and help,
Larry
0
anonymous (74722)

1. Make sure your Exchange server's Internet Mail Service is configured to
allow Automatic Replies to the Internet; that's the most common reason it
wouldn't work.

2. Reconsider if you really want to use it.  You're going to automatically
reply to every message you receive; including spam.  That's a good way to
confirm to the spammers that they've stumbled upon a good address and get
you added to all of their "Gold" lists.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

**Please post all replies and questions in the newsgroups as I am unable to
respond to direct requests for help.**

"Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Out of Office Reply will not be sent outside the
> network.  I have exchange 5.5 and have read the faqs but
> the only fix I found did not work.  Here is the number
> for the fix that I found: Q176161.
> Thank you for your time and help,
> Larry

0
mvp1660 (5)

Script for Outlook
Hi, I'm trying to create a script to permanently delete a toolbar from Outlook and have come across the following from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3456107.php The first script displays the error: Line 6, Char 1, Error: Object required: 'myOlExp', Code: 800A01A8 Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objNamespace = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI") objNamespace.Logon "Outlook", , FALSE, TRUE Set myOlExp = objOutlook.ActiveExplorer Set myCmdBars = myOlExp.CommandBars mycbars.delete("My toolbar&q...

Slow Outlook performance on network
I have a 5 clients on a network running Outlook2000 & XP on Windows 2000 & XP Pro. The Outlook .pst files are stored on a central Windows SBS2000 server. The network is 100mbps and is fast, however when in Outlook the performance is slow when scrolling through e-mails and other items. It takes ages for a simple plain text preview to come up. There are about 500-1000 messages in a clients .pst file at any one time. The spec's of the server are: AMD XP 1.7ghz, 1gb ram, 2x 40gb 7,200rpm IDE hdds (software raid). What could the performance problem be? Maybe I need SCSI hdd's, but ...

Outlook search window results
I am using Outlook 2002 search and cannot find an option to confine search results to the left column as in Outlook 2000. In the 2000 version you can choose a search result to display in the main window while maintaining the search results in the left column. Is there a way to do this? ...

Outlook 2007 error when closing
Hi, Why am I getting this error when closing Outlook 2007. "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and it shows a check box "Restart Microsoft Office Outlook". I'm getting below details when clicking "What data does this error report contain?" Error Signature: Appname:outlook.exe Appver: 12.0.6514.5000 AppStamp: 4a89dc70 Modulename: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2009.929 ModStamp: 39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Please help. Thanks in ad...

Outlook 2003 mail stuck in Outbox
I have Outlook 2003 and Win XP with a home network & broadband connection. When I try to send an email, it gets stuck in the outbox. I receive email fine, and my test of the email account setup is successful. When I try to send,, I get this message: Sending and receiving reported error (0x8004011D). The server is not available. Contact your administrator if the condition persists. What should I do. The condition does persist, and I don't have an administrator. Hi Shelterdog, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840835 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern ...

Outlook address book with CRM
I am trying to create an address book in outlook that originates from Microsoft CRM. Can the CRM Sales for Outlook do this or is there something else I can use? ...

Outlook 2003 #134
I'm having a problem w/dragging & dropping email into folders while using MS Outlook 2003. After dropping about 3/4 email messages into folders (no matter where you drop them)I recieve this error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command". I've ckecked Event Viewer & task manager & cannot find any information about this problem so I can address it.I have also tried "Rebooting" and still get the same issue. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue??? ... .. I too am experiencing the exact same problem with Outlook ...

email access in outlook from a cruise ship
I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. -- doug blair doug blair wrote: > I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer > quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. > > > > i don't quote understand what you mean. if your cruise ship gives you access to the Internet, you should be able to use Outlook. Check with your mail provider to see if what kind of web access they = offer. This isn't an Outlook issue per se.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

Unable to Open "Outlook Today" in Office 2000
Several users at our company are having a problem with MS Office 2000 (SR1) v9.0.0.3821 - the "Outlook Today" main mailbox. Although every user can click on this folder/option along the left hand tree they are unable to click/open the "customize Outlook Today" icon. The icon is present, not greyed out or anyting, but no matter how many times you click on it nothing happens. - So far we've deleted all temp/temp internet files, cleaned/optimized the registry, uninstalled and reinstalled Office (Outlook), installed all options in Outlook, & deleted the word &...

Outlook 2003: Email address in 'From' column of Inbox.
Anyone know how to get the full email address to display in the 'from' column of the inbox in Outlook 2003? I have about half a dozen "Dave"s that all have different email address but they're indistinguishable in the inbox. Plus, I'm sick of just seeing someone's name when I really need to know the company name more than anything else. At least with a proper email address, I can easily work out if it's a legit email from a known company or spam. I don't want to have to read the post to see if it's valid. ------------------------------------------...

Multi term search in Business Contact Manager with outlook 93
I have set up the Business Contact Manager add-on with outlook 2003 to track information on trade services I use from home. Is it possible to do multi term searches. E.g. Builders located in London with fax numbers ...

entourage to outlook #2
hello everyone, i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to outlook2003? thks ezc <news@microsoft.com> wrote: > i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to > outlook2003? See if something here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html -- Brian Tillman ...

Executing Outlook Rules Programmatically
Hi There, I have a series of rules defined (Exchange Server Side), that I'd like to invoke programmatically. I've found the "Run Rules Now" command that one can add to the toolbar, but this only invokes the dialog to then select the rules to run and the messages to be affected. Can anyone give me some guidance on how to programmatically invoke ALL rules against ALL read messages, which is the particular thing I want to do? Regards, Trevor Andrew ...

outlook outbox is empty but shows (1)
If I create a new e-mail profile will I retain all my existing e-mails in each of my existing categories, Or will I lose what is there? What has this to do with the subject line? What categories are you refering to? Version of OL? Creating a new profile doesnt imapct on data files, but you would have to add your 'old' data file to the profile "chasmiss" <chasmiss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAB60027-5E18-48BB-A9FB-F646EB6D0C63@microsoft.com... > If I create a new e-mail profile will I retain all my existing e-mails in > each of my existin...

Outlook 2003
Our firm is just converting to Outlook 2003, and we're having a problem. If a lawyer has given full access rights to his/her assistant, then that assistant goes into the lawyers' Email and deletes something, it goes to the *assistant's* trash, not the lawyers. Same goes if they send an Email, it goes to the *assistant's* sent items, not the lawyers. Is there anyway to keep this from happening and being put in the appropriate person's folders? Thanks ...

Tracking Feature in Outlook
I recently got a new computer with Microsoft XP installed. When using Outlook and viewing the tracking on sent emails I noted that the email message prints after the tracking list. I preferred the old format where the email message was listed first and the tracking was listed after. Does anyone know if there is a way to change that format? ...

Lost messages in Outlook express
Help! My laptop lost power while I had Outlook express open - Now my all emails that I received or sent are lost.... How can I retrieve them? I am using Outlook express 6 and Windows 2000 Thanks laura This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inete...

Outlook 2000
I am running Win2K with Office2K SR3. When I click on "customize Outlook Today" nothing happens. It has worked in the past. I tried "Detect and Repair" which said it repaired everything, but still nothing happens when I click "Customize Outlook Today." I am using the "winter" layout. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 Next time, search the archives using google.groups.com, you will find several thousand of the ...

Outlook 2007 #34
I have a Toshiba laptop running XP. I replaced Office for Teacher and Student 2003 with Office Home and Student 2007 and replaced Outlook 2002 with Outlook 2007. The problems I was having with Outlook 2002 were as follows: The incoming emails would repete 5-10 times upon loading on my computer. The status would just keep showing numbers 50%,25%,8%,0%,2% etc.....in no logical order or sequence. Messages I was trying to send would just stay in the out box. When you first open Outlook 2002 it would say that it was not closed properly and would look for errors (even though it was closed p...

Outlook Attachments 1MG and Larger
How come I can never send an attachment that is larger than 750KB? There are a lot of times I need to send an attachment anywhere from 1 to 5 MG BUT it won't go. It will sit in my outbox forever? I am using outlook 2002 and windows xp pro. PLEASE HELP, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME... thanks any helpers my email is ed.dranchak@verizon.net (DSL) Ed, Check with your internet service provider since the email server may be configured to only allow email messages of a certain size to be sent through their system. Good Luck Stephen "Ed Dranchak - ed.dranchak@verizon.net" wr...

Emails from Outlook to Hotmail accounts
I have just change my email client from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. Messages sent to Hotmail addresses are not getting through and produce a message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] If anyone can tell me how to overcome this I should be most grateful. You may need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (press the "More Settings..." button on the account page). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided &quo...

email privacy in outlook 2000
i delete all emails and empty folder. I do not want a computer genius to find any ofmy emails on my drive. how can i insure these emails are deleted fromt he hard drive? Thanks you Microsoft Outlook stores everything (mail, contacts, tasks, calendar, .etc) in the *.PST file. Therefore the best you could do after a large amount of delets is to run the compact option. (Right click on Personal Folders and select properties. Select Advanced button and then compact.) "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDD48CD4-77B0-42C6-BF75-0D9930FD45DD@...

Active X Control in Outlook
I have a user who is using Outlook XP and when he goes to send an email he gets the following error. Your current security settings prohibit running Active X Control on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. The title bar of this window says Microsoft Internet Explorer. I tried disabling under the custom button in I.E. his Active X controls but no go. Where is the setting to disable this restriction. The user has some images or graphics on his emails that I believe is causing this error. Thanks. Sounds like a default signature to me. Tried recreating the (HTM...

Outlook 2 K Multi User
Outlook 2000 Windows 2K We are planning a small network 3 machines and would like to use Outlook in a multi user mode. What do we have to do to accomplish this? Also where is the best place to buy Multi user licenses for Windows 2k and office 2 K Best Regards Bob Raley See this page for license models: http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/programs/default.asp --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Robert Raley <bob@infocol.net> asked: | Outlook 2000 Windows 2K | | We...

Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in microsoft outlook
Hi all, I am geeting "Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in microsoft outlook" when I send the mails. Can any one help me why this error occurs. How to solve it? Thanks in advance Pravin hi pravin Have you verified the SMTP address is correct or not the error you have reffered is a SMTP erro. Regards Jassi >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >I am geeting "Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in >microsoft outlook" when I send the mails. >Can any one help me why this error occurs. >How to solve it? >Thanks in advance > >Pravin >. >...