Outlook OOF

The Out of Office Reply will not be sent outside the
network.  I have exchange 5.5 and have read the faqs but
the only fix I found did not work.  Here is the number
for the fix that I found: Q176161.
Thank you for your time and help,
Larry
0
anonymous (74722)

1. Make sure your Exchange server's Internet Mail Service is configured to
allow Automatic Replies to the Internet; that's the most common reason it
wouldn't work.

2. Reconsider if you really want to use it.  You're going to automatically
reply to every message you receive; including spam.  That's a good way to
confirm to the spammers that they've stumbled upon a good address and get
you added to all of their "Gold" lists.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

**Please post all replies and questions in the newsgroups as I am unable to
respond to direct requests for help.**

"Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Out of Office Reply will not be sent outside the
> network.  I have exchange 5.5 and have read the faqs but
> the only fix I found did not work.  Here is the number
> for the fix that I found: Q176161.
> Thank you for your time and help,
> Larry

0