Outlook on a shared internet connection.

Can anyone help me with this one?

I have two PC's sharing a wireless internet connection and both using
Microsoft Outlook to handle email.
Both accounts have been checked and are sending out mail okay.
Only one of the machines is able to receive mail though.
On machine 1 I sent an email to myself and it sent and received perfect. I
tried to send an email to myself using a different email address on machine
2 but it sent it to machine 1. All of machine 2's email is arriving at
machine 1.
Any ideas guys?

0
jim_ukguy (1)

Billy King <jim_ukguy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can anyone help me with this one?
>
> I have two PC's sharing a wireless internet connection and both using
> Microsoft Outlook to handle email.
> Both accounts have been checked and are sending out mail okay.
> Only one of the machines is able to receive mail though.
> On machine 1 I sent an email to myself and it sent and received
> perfect. I tried to send an email to myself using a different email
> address on machine 2 but it sent it to machine 1. All of machine 2's
> email is arriving at machine 1.

If both machines are accessing the same mailbox on the server, why are you
surprised?  If not, be more explicit in describing the setup, including the
versions of Outlook and the account types, including how those accounts are
configured.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

ADC Connection Agreement Wizard
I have a mixed Windows 2000 and NT 4.0 network that I inherited. We have Exchange 5.5 running on an NT 4 BDC, and there is also an Exchange 2000 server at a separate site in the domain. We are preparing to install a new Exchange 2003 server at the main site and migrate all the users from the Exchange 5.5 server then decommission the old server. It doesn't appear that the Exchange 2000 server was joined to the Exchange 5.5 organization when it was installed because they are different business units. However, when I try to join the Exchange 2003 server to the Exchange 5.5 organization I ...

Outlook rule not working
I have a rule that looks at specific words in the subject and then forwards the message to another email address. I receive 2 emails daily with the same subject. Only 1 message gets forwarded. The difference between the 2 emails is that one is sent directly to my email address and the other is forwarded to my email address from a Gmail account that is setup with email forwarding. The email that is forwarded from my Gmail account never gets forwarded by the rule. The subject line of the Gmail email is identical to the subject line of the message that does get forwarded. Does anyone ...

Prevent outlook data sync
HI, I have been trawling round this NG and the support areas of MBS to no avail. What I am trying to do is to insert contacts into an empty default contacts folder for a mailbox whitout them being created as new contacts in CRM. Everything we have tried has failed. I have deselected contacts from the personal options section 'create microsoft crm items in my default outllok folders' but it makes no difference. If we put a contact in that folder it creates a new contact with equivalent details in CRM, either when online (if online when put the contact in the folder) or when g...

How do you add a logo and name to the footer of your Outlook mess.
How do you customize Outlook to make a defalt stationary with a name and logo at the footer? ...

Newsgroups in Outlook 2003 #3
I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003 Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]? Thanks //Andreas You cannot. Newsgroups require Outlook Express to read. "Andreas" <andreas_skjaemt@privat.tele.dk> wrote in message news:BD4EFDCB-2B33-47F1-A91C-F9BDAD8231D0@microsoft.com... > I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003. > > Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]?? > > Thanks! > > //Andreas Is that a n...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

Possible to copy and paste to a new outlook msg?
Is it possible to create a macro to copy the info from a few specific cells, create a new outlook message and paste the copied info into the new message? Thanks. Hi Derrick, Take a look at John Walkenbach's Sending Personalized Email from Excel, John Walkenbach, Tip 86, Using Outlook http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Mail Merge - Without Word, John Walkenbach, Tip 92, in Excel, of course. (This is the one with the Elephant -- Elephants R Us). http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip92.htm You could also do this with a hyperlink, but may run into problems with length....

SBS2003 + Internet Explorer
We have a customer who has an SBS 2003 Premium server with ISA 2004 They have just installed a bolt on to Outlook which searches their mailboxes or something. They have discovered that they cannot get this to work unless the untick the 'Use automatic configuration script' in Internet Explorer. Trouble is each time they re-boot a PC the tick comes back, so sounds like it's a policy setting somewhere. What is this ? Where is it configured and what are the implications of turning it off ? Could it be that rather than turn it off whatever it is ought to be con...

Outlook Page Breaks
Is there a way to get Outlook to allow page breaks within a message that has been sent to you. Sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to allow page breaks within > a message that has been sent to you. Page breaks have no meaning in an Email messages. There are no "pages" to separate. (Unless you're attaching a Word document or something similar where pages are meaningful constructs.) -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace....

Error message in Outlook Express
My question is regarding Outlook Express (I couldn't find a separate newsgroup for it hence posting it in the Outlook newsgroup). Every time I open Outlook Express I get an error message that says "Msnmsgr has caused an error in <unkwown>. Msnmsgr will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." I have disabled "Automatically log on to Windows Messenger" feature in the Tools-Options-General tab. What else can I do to get rid of this error message everytime I open Outlook Express? Thanks for your time. Here is the l...

outlook email #16
I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted looking for the emails. darius On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:17:52 -0800, darius <darius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for >work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted >looking for the emails. > Get a paid Hotmail account and Outlook can be used to access the account. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Outlook 2000 Corp edition connection issue
Hi, I have 70 machines running outlook 2000 corporate install and they are all working fine except one machine. Our environment consists of both win98 ad win2k machines running ofice 97 and oulook 2000. This one particular machines is a intel pIII 550 256mb ram 20gig hdd. This machine is having trouble connecting to the exchange server. It pings at <10ms to the exchange server and all other network applications work great. THis is a recent issue with this machine and the user needs to retry 3-4 times before it will connect. If I have left out any info that would help you be...

Select all shapes that is connected to a Shape
Is their any way in viso to choose all shapes that is connected to a Shape by line connector Through code. You can walk the shapes collection to find the line connectors and then walk the line connectors connection collections (there is a from and a to collection) to find out who they are connected to. If you want to select the shapes connected to a line, you can select a line and run VBA code to change the selection to the shapes connected to the line using the lines connection collections. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need V...

Hotmail addressbook into Outlook 2000
Anyone know how to import Hotmail contacts into Outlook 2000 without paying Microsoft for a subscription ? Even if you pay them, Hotmail will not work with Outlook 2000, only 2002 = and later. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Dave Warren" <profpsycho@me2u2me.com> wrote in message = news:rh4ki.18658$KV1.8209@read2.cgocable.net... Anyone know how to import Hotmail contacts into Outlook 2000 without = paying=20 Microsoft fo...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

Groupwise to outlook
We are converting from novell to microsoft. As part of the conversion, we will be converting from Groupwise to outlook. Is there anyway to export/import the adress books from Groupwise to Outlook. I am finding that the export formats in groupwise do not match the import formats in outlook. Any advice? Is there third party software somewhere? ...

Public folder Shared Contacts in Outlook Contact Favourites
Hi All, We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as an Outlook address book. Only thing is one of our users has now asked how to include this in Outlooks Contacts Favourites Tab, any ideas? Thanks, Nick In Outlook, Right Click on the Shared Contacts PF and select Add to Favorites. -- Regards, Boon "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote in message news:#QJ7dC91KHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as > an Outlook address ...

Outlook's Restore Down Button
I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows 7 and dual monitors. I normally click on the restore down button so that I can stretch outllook over the two monitors. All of a sudden I am experiencing a problem. When clicking on the restore down button, the only thing that is shown is a title bar, i.e., "Inbox - Microsoft Outlook". The bar can be resized horizontially, but not vertically. None of the information that exists below the title bar can be seen. When I hit maximize then everything reappears, however Outlook is only shown on the one monitor. When clicking on resto...

Outlook replication changes valid email to lastname firstname
CRM 4.0, Outlook 2007, CRM Outlook Online Client with latest Rollup. When some users are sync contact information between Outlook and CRM, sync changes email address firstname.lastname@company.com in CRM to format lastname firstname. Not happen to all users. One reason can be there are also mobile sync between Outlook (Exchange) and mobile phone. But this is also used by many users and only some have problems. It is look like email is populated with Outlook display value, not the real email. Any ideas what setting (and where) is not right? Jukka Majander ...

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

Format all contacts with specific telephone input for Outlook and Motorola A1000
Some of my contacts from Outlook 2002 have entries like this: +44 (20) 12345678 and some have: +44-20-12345678 How can I make *all* my contacts on my A1000 have the telephone numbers in this format: [INDENT]+cc-ac-nnnnnnn[/INDENT] where *cc* is country code *ac* is area code and *nnnnnnn* is the telephone number. I would like them in that format with the "+" at the front (int'l format) and "-" seperating the numbers. I *don't* won't any spaces or parentheses in the numbers. It seems when I sync with the phone and Outlook, I get different entries - some with...

Excel
i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc... currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts... is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have excel do one of the following: autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact... or... give me a choice of available contact... keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all different rows and colums... Any thoughts Big One method....... Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV f...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

Outlook and AOL #6
Has anyone seen a situation where - when you're running Outlook and then log onto AOL, AOL will block Outlook from send/receive. This is an intermittent situation. Sometimes AOL can run simultaneously with Outlook, sometimes the two cooperate for thirty minutes then the problem begins, sometimes the problem starts after five minutes. What do you think? Thanks, Mark I think you should quit using AOL. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 ...

export emails from Vista windows Mail to Outlook Express 08-05-10
A friend of mine wants to export email messages out of WM and import into O.E. How can she do this please? TIA B.W. copy the eml files from the WinMail message store to the computer with = OE. See here for their location: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm Then = create a new folder in OE and open it so that is shows an empty message = list. Then drag the eml files (make sure it is only eml files) overtop = the empty message list and drop them and they will become incorporated = into the folder. My OEX program (www.oehelp.com/OEX/) has an import = function (from eml files) th...