Outlook not sending e-mails

A friend of mine has Microsoft Outlook.
For some time now she have been having problems send mail through Outlook.
If I type 3 letters, the first one will not be sent.
In the Out-box, it places the first e-mail under a category with "no date",
or "undated"
This will then just stay there, and no matter how much I send & receive the
e-mail just stays there!
Some times outlook will also change the e-mails with dates, and put them in
this "no date" category.

I have tried everything, but no luck!
There is no problem with ISP, Firewall or any of those things... Outlook
doesn't even send it!

Please help!
0
Me8786 (90)

"Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A friend of mine has Microsoft Outlook.
> For some time now she have been having problems send mail through Outlook.
> If I type 3 letters, the first one will not be sent.
> In the Out-box, it places the first e-mail under a category with "no
> date",
> or "undated"
> This will then just stay there, and no matter how much I send & receive
> the
> e-mail just stays there!
> Some times outlook will also change the e-mails with dates, and put them
> in
> this "no date" category.

Is your time, date, timezone set correctly in case your mail server is
rejecting the mails.

> I have tried everything, but no luck!

What *is* the everything you've tried- telling it will save people who are
trying to help repeating things that won't help.

> There is no problem with ISP, Firewall or any of those things... Outlook
> doesn't even send it!

How do you *know* this- if there is a problem this can be the result.

> Please help!

0
alan8232 (157)
8/7/2005 9:00:13 PM
It works when I send with Express... The settings are all the same.
There is no firewall or AV problems.

I think Outlook removes the "timestamp"... I don't know why!
Me

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >A friend of mine has Microsoft Outlook.
> > For some time now she have been having problems send mail through Outlook.
> > If I type 3 letters, the first one will not be sent.
> > In the Out-box, it places the first e-mail under a category with "no
> > date",
> > or "undated"
> > This will then just stay there, and no matter how much I send & receive
> > the
> > e-mail just stays there!
> > Some times outlook will also change the e-mails with dates, and put them
> > in
> > this "no date" category.
> >

> Is your time, date, timezone set correctly in case your mail server is
> rejecting the mails.
>
> > I have tried everything, but no luck!
>
> What *is* the everything you've tried- telling it will save people who are
> trying to help repeating things that won't help.
>
> > There is no problem with ISP, Firewall or any of those things... Outlook
> > doesn't even send it!
>
> How do you *know* this- if there is a problem this can be the result.
>
> > Please help!

0
Me8786 (90)
8/8/2005 7:50:02 AM
I've tried everything mentioned in other threads...
Deactivating FireWall, Anti Virus, made sure all the SMTP settings are
right, made sure that the problem isn't with the ISP.

Like I said. I think the problem is with Outlook. Because Outlook doesn't
even atempt at sending the e-mails.
It places the e-mails under the "Date:None" group.
From there it will not send it. I don't get an error msg, because Outlook
doesn't send the e-mails.

Me
0
Me8786 (90)

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

using the journal on outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

OE autodelete OLD mail

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...

outlook 2007 e-mail

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03