OUTLOOK: new messages go to UNREAD instead of INBOX

Outlook 2003 suddenly changes on me: instead of sending all new mail to Inbox
- as it was set up, suddenly all new mail is sent to a UNREAD MAIL, a Search
Folders under Personal Folders. Very inconvenient.
i would like all my mail to go to Inbox! i did not do the change (at least
not coherently). Also, there is old unread mail in the Inbox, so I suspect it
is some command change I am not aware of.
Please help me reverse it ASAP!
0
Matilde (2)

The Unread folder isn't a 'real' folder. It just shows items that exist in
other folders that are in an unread state. The items should probably be in
your Inbox or other folder in your Personal Folder file.

"Matilde" <Matilde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2003 suddenly changes on me: instead of sending all new mail to
> Inbox
> - as it was set up, suddenly all new mail is sent to a UNREAD MAIL, a
> Folders under Personal Folders. Very inconvenient.
> i would like all my mail to go to Inbox! i did not do the change (at least
> not coherently). Also, there is old unread mail in the Inbox, so I suspect
> it
> is some command change I am not aware of.
> Please help me reverse it ASAP!

0
vince8328 (2733)
9/27/2006 6:36:50 PM
Matilde <Matilde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Outlook 2003 suddenly changes on me: instead of sending all new mail
> to Inbox - as it was set up, suddenly all new mail is sent to a
> UNREAD MAIL, a Search Folders under Personal Folders. Very
> inconvenient.
> i would like all my mail to go to Inbox! i did not do the change (at
> least not coherently). Also, there is old unread mail in the Inbox,
> so I suspect it is some command change I am not aware of.

In addition to what Vince says, the Unread Mail folder will eve TELL you
what real folder the messages are in.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/27/2006 7:48:56 PM
Thank you Brian! Now I know what I am looking for - and what I am looking at!
Matilde

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Matilde <Matilde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Outlook 2003 suddenly changes on me: instead of sending all new mail
> > to Inbox - as it was set up, suddenly all new mail is sent to a
> > UNREAD MAIL, a Search Folders under Personal Folders. Very
> > inconvenient.
> > i would like all my mail to go to Inbox! i did not do the change (at
> > least not coherently). Also, there is old unread mail in the Inbox,
> > so I suspect it is some command change I am not aware of.
>
> In addition to what Vince says, the Unread Mail folder will eve TELL you
> what real folder the messages are in.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Matilde (2)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

New Implementation

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

message delivery problems

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

cannot open hyper links in outlook

New Record

outlook 97 and express email problems

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...

outlook 2007 e-mail