Outlook New Email "To..." Addresses From Contact Folder

The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under
"Email"  in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last" is always
displayed no matter what I do. Suggestions?

0
nobody (271)

I suggest posting your Outlook version so we can answer.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Roy Bethel" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:"
under
> "Email"  in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last" is always
> displayed no matter what I do. Suggestions?

0
russval (3097)

How to remove an email-add. in send TO...
Hi, In Outlook, I have an incorrect email address stuck in the send TO address bar. The feature is great; you just type the first few letter(s) of an address and outlook presents you with a series of addresses that start with those letters. The Problem: I have an incorrect address in there that i would like to remove Example: johnode@comcast.net (incorrect) and johndoe@comcast.net (correct) Questions: where does OL keeps that list? Can I remove just one entry? or can I delete the whole list? I searched in all the "My Contact" folders and the wrong address is not there....

Not all contacts available for selection with "To..." button
Outlook 2002 SP-2 Contacts folder properties->Outlook address book->Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book, is checked. When opening a new message window and click on "To..." button, Select Names dialogue box appears ("Show names from the: Contacts" is selected) but the list of names from which to select does not include all the names in my Contacts folder. Also, I want the select list to show the contacts as "last, first" but some are shown "first last" and some are shown "last, first". When I browse the Contacts folder t...

Get Contacts to Show form "To..." button?
Outlook 2003, Win XP home SP1 In the new message window of Outlook, when I try to click on the book icon to the left of "To.", I get a empty Select Names window (although I have plenty of contact folders). When I right-click on a Contact folder > Properties > Outlook Address Book tab, "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is grayed out, so I can't check the box. How do I get the contacts available from the "To..." icon of the new message window? -- ********************* * Nehmo Sergheyev * ********************* Seems to me yo...

How to... in Outlook 2000 . .. how to segregate outgoing messages?
In Outlook 2000 I have several e-mail accounts in different domains. So I have as well appropriate number of incoming e-mail folders. When I respond from a particular folder, Outlook properly addresses the sender - with a correct domain. But after the messages are sent, they all go to the "elements sent" folder. Is there any way to dispatch tem to the different "elements sent" folders, basing on the email account which was used to send them? I have not found any apropriate rukes to use in Outlook... I mean - a simple way. I can imagine two rather complicated: 1. To write...

Outlook New Email "To..." Addresses From Contact Folder
The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last" is always displayed no matter what I do. Suggestions? I suggest posting your Outlook version so we can answer. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roy Bethel" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:brno9s$7vh$1@newslocal.mitre.org... > The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under > "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last"...

"Send To... Mail Recipient" from Office programs using a newer version of Outlook
Greetings, When using the "Send To... Mail Recipient" from Office programs of an earlier version with respect to Outlook, you receive a message such as: "Program can't load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation." In reference MS KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;828509 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=280962 It appears as if Microsoft acknowledges this as a problem, but considering the number of versions of Office/Outlook that experience thi...

move to... mailbox root folder lost message
If I right click a message from my inbox, and choose move to folder... and choose the root of the mailbox tree the one with the outlook today view and move the message there it appears to be gone forever. Can someone tell me how to get that message back? thanks oh, you right click and under home page tab uncheck show home page by default :/ scottevansh...@googlemail.com wrote: > If I right click a message from my inbox, and choose move to folder... > > and choose the root of the mailbox tree the one with the outlook today > view > > and move the message there it appea...

Outlook 2007 freezing uppon clicking 'To...'
Hi all, I have 2 installations with a strange behavior. When I click 'To...' in a new message Address Book is opening but after that Outlook is freezing and became a nonclickable one :( The same situation can repeat 25 time, and only 26th is good enough to choose from the address book. Any workaround? Thanks in advance This is a very common problem which Microsoft claims they cannot reproduce and therefore cannot solve. Anecdotal reports claim the following may help: 1. Look for and correct a corrupt address in the Contacts displayed in the Outlook Address Book (especially i...

To... Button Doesn't Give Access to Contacts
Recently installed Out 2003 over Out 2000. I have everything working except in the New Message window > To. button > Select Names box > there's only a few addresses instead of the whole contact list. And in the "Show Names form the:" drop down list, I only have three items: Outlook Address Book, Contacts, and a contacts folder I have, Other Customers. But these don't open to provide the addresses. How can I get the Select Names box to show my contacts? -- -- ******************** * Nehmo Sergheyev * ******************** You hav...

Help Please: Missing emails need to be restored....How To....Thanks
Hello, Prior to working on a friends computer, I backed up her pst file. She had on huge attachment that was trying to send, and consequently slowing down her whole system. I just deleted that email and presto, her machine was back to norml. I was praised. About a day or two later, she called me to tell me some of her email had vanished. Everything else was functional, but many of her emails (sent, etc.) were gone. I told her I would come by and use the backup of her pst file to restore the missing emails. Does anybody have a step by step, idiot's guide to restoring some of the em...

File, Send to...Mail Recipient and no contacts show
I use Office 2000 Pro (fully patched) on a Windows XP Pro (fully patched)Compaq laptop. I can open up Outlook 2000 on my desktop and see all my contacts. I am logged on to a Windows 2000 domain controller and have Exchange 5.5. I want to send a Word doc to a mail recipient, but when I am in Outlook and click FILE, Send TO... MAIL RECIPIENT AS AN ATTACHMENT and click on the TO...button on my E-mail program, I do not see and of my contacts. Where did my contacts go? Thanks. Have you checked which contacts list/book you are using? Maybe you have multiple lists and outlook is using an ...

Selecting a folder to save xml to...
I have the following code that works fine in Excel 2003 and I am looking for something similar that will produce the same result but for Excel 2000 can anyone help? If xmlfolder = "" Then MsgBox "Select folder for the XML file", vbCritical With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) .Title = "SELECT FOLDER" .AllowMultiSelect = False ' Folder selected If .Show = -1 Then xmlfolder = .SelectedItems.Item(1) & "\" End If Regards Jamie Take a look he...