Outlook locks up all the time

This is a shot in the dark.  Ever since getting my new
Thinkpad with Windows XP, Outlook has never seemed to work
properly.  I've run diagnostics on my machine and nothing
comes up as a problem.  I've installed a spyware program
because after talking to IBM tech support, they suggested
I try that.  I also talked to another support tech, who
suggested I reinstall Windows completely.  I'm not a real
technical person.  Won't a re-install wipe out my files?
Most of the time that I use Outlook for my email, it slows
down and eventually locks up.  When I restart my computer,
it won't close down without a lot of program errors like
QCTrayWnd and explore.exe and rundll32.exe errors that I
have to hit "end now" when a no response box comes up
after trying to "end" the programs.  Do I just have a
lemon?  Does anyone have suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)

Have Outlook 2000. How do I get rid of spam?
I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! winnieB <winnieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. > When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I > Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! Step by step: 1) Open Internet Explorer. 2) Browse to http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ 3) Downoad SpamBaye...

Will Outlook Allow Common Calendar on Home Network?
I have a laptop and 2 desktop computers running on my wireless home network. The laptop and one desktop has OL 2003 and the other desktop OL 2002. Can those three computers share a common calendar through outlook? If so, how does one create such? Thank you. More info here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "gcd" <gcdyer@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ARjBb.284669$Dw6.967235@attbi_s02... > I ...

Had to disable 'outlookaddin.dll' to access outlook
I'm using Outlook 2003(11.6568,6568) SP2 w/XP. I got a message "Outlook experienced a serious problem the last time the ad-in 'outlookin' was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in?" It has to be disabled to access Outlook. It then explains how to enable 'Outlookaddin(outlookaddin.dll).I've left it disabled and enabled it with the same result. I can receive email but cannot send it Outlook will not start unless I disable outlookadd.dll. Anyone have a solution? I think that it may be related to the Dell Media Direct. Any help is much appreciated. ...

Outlook 2000 send/receive
I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? I am not sure if it is what you are looking for but here goes: Under the Tools menu, click Options. In the dialog box that opens next click on Mail Delivery tab, then make sure there is a check in the box beside "send messages immediately when connected." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14fdf01c41cac$9696e2c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to > automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? ...

Lock-Protect documents
Excel 2002 sp2 How do you protect cells from being edited? I need to lock/protect all but 4 cells from being edited on a worksheet. I go into the 'format cells' properties of the 4 cells and 'unlock' them, and go into the 'format cells' properties of the rest and lock them. Then I go to tools, protection, protect sheet, I add a password and check only 'unlocked cells'. This isn't doing it, I can still edit the sheet, I emailed it to someone else and he can edit the sheet. What am I doing wrong? Thank you! You could prompt for a password using an in...

- About Outlook's archiving capabilities...
I am trying to take a load off Outlook (Office XP) by archiving old items, but I'm new to the process. Every folder I archive seems to generate its own "Archive" folder in the Folder List... so essentially, all it did was move the old contents from one folder to another. My question is, am I really helping Outlook at all by doing this? The whole point of archiving was to give it fewer messages to load at bootup. But it's still loading them in the Archive Folders, isn't it? What happens if I delete the Archive Folders? Am I helping Outlook's performance at all? And ...

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Sorting Attendee Lists in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to sort attendees by either name or attendee status in Outlook 2003? I don't know how Microsoft could be so oblivious to the need for this feature. You can't even click on the column headers to sort, let alone print out a list of people sorted by accept and decline. Microsoft's online help system recommends Alt + PrntScreen???? How archaic is that? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? Thanks! ...

outlook can't receive exe files

can i add my web page in microsoft outlook 2003
adding a web page or a win forms to the outlook mail so that when i send a mail to a person he should be able to enter the data in the controls on the mail form and should have the ability to save the data directly from the mail, instead of opening the web or a windows application and update the data. Is it possible to achieve what is mentioned above ...

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

Outlook color scheme
I've seen several different installs of Outlook 2003. Some have an orange interface, some blue, some grey. I'm not talking about Outlook web acess, but the local installed copy. Can anyone explain this? I would like to figure out how to change the interface color scheme. -Brian It uses Windows color schemes. Change those from Display Properties (Control Panel or right click you desktop). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will ...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

Setting up my work outlook account at home
I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. This is really a question for your Mail Administrator. This depends on what ISP is used for work or if you use the Exchange Server. Then there may be a domain access issue. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049a01c39db2$d8df2cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. ...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Adding an item to a popup menu in outlook's inbox using VBA
Hello all, On rightclicking on the mailitems in the outlook's inbox we can see a popup menu.i want to add a menu item to that popup menu using outlook VBA. Please do help me in this regard. Thanking you regards, Revathy.v ...

Outlook Live 2003 re: reply to msg sent to different e-mail account
Issue: I want a different e-mail account to display to recipient I'm just subscribed to Outlook Live and using Outlook 2003. I simply want to configure Outlook 2003 as I have my Outlook Express configured (ie receipient sees the same "reply to" e-mail address no matter which e-mail account I use to send the original e-mail). For my POP3 account, I easily configued Outlook 2003 to work using a different "reply to" address. However, for the Hotmail account (http radio button) I don't have the same options available to change the "reply to" address. Rev...

Office 2007 SP1 fails on Windows Update. Then Outlook 2007 won't w
Installed Win 7 Ultimate, McAfee VirusScan and then Office 2007 Ultimate on a clean hard-drive. All retail versions (from MSDN discs). All appearsto work OK. Then did a Windows Update and applied 39 important updates, including Office 2007 SP1. The Office 2007 SP1 install failed, and after that point, Outlook 2007 no longer works - it starts but won't let me do anything. Word 2007 seems to still be working. What to do? Should I be installing Office 2007 SP2 instead? Or.....???? Any errors associated with the failed install? TIP: Insert your Office 200...

Indiana Time Zone
Indiana, which has always been on Eastern Standard Time, has changed to observe Daylight Savings Time. As we switch computers over, we have noticed that all day appointments now appear in two days during daylight savings time. Is there a patch to fix this issue or do have have to go in and manually change all the appointments. Thanks, Dennis Instruct all your users to change their timezone to the normal Eastern time, and change all your servers likewise. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "d3harvey" <d3harvey@discu...

Backing Up Outlook #5
How do I backup copies of all mye-mail folders? Hod do I backup all my contacts within the address book? Hello, You can do a total backup of your Outlook PST file using a back up program in Outlook. To download the ad in go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyId=8B081F3A-B7D0-4B16-B8AF- 5A6322F4FD01&displaylang=en If you have trouble email me at outlook@theblueedge.net Chris >-----Original Message----- >How do I backup copies of all mye-mail folders? Hod do I >backup all my contacts within the address book? >. > "Damon" <damo...