Outlook Live 2003 re: reply to msg sent to different e-mail account

Issue:  I want a different e-mail account to display to recipient

I'm just subscribed to Outlook Live and using Outlook 2003.  I simply
want to configure Outlook 2003 as I have my Outlook Express configured
(ie receipient sees the same "reply to" e-mail address no matter which
e-mail account I use to send the original e-mail).  For my POP3
account, I easily configued Outlook 2003 to work using a different
"reply to" address.  However, for the Hotmail account (http radio
button) I don't have the same options available to change the "reply
to" address.

Reviewing the help file I found the following: "This feature is not
available when using a Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account".

Forgive me for being dense, but am I using a Microsoft Exchange Server
when I'm using Hotmail?  Does the above message have anything to do
with my problem?

Cutting to the chase:  Can I accomplish what I want to do via Outlook
Live/Outlook 2003.  I upgraded from Outlook Express to get more
features.  I can't believe Microsoft would take a step backwards and
not provide this option available in a lesser (free) product.

Note: There is a tool named Outlook Connector that assists in
configuring Hotmail accounts when used in conjunction with Outlook
Live.  I've tried going around Outlook Connector and configuring this
e-mail account manually. If you specify this is a Hotmail account it
does not provide the option to change the "reply to" address.  Again, I
have the same setup in Outlook Express and it works perfectly.
Argggghhh!
Thanks in advance for any help.

0
tkat (4)
6/29/2006 2:22:01 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

2 Replies
295 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

tkat@ureach.com <tkat@ureach.com> wrote:

> Issue:  I want a different e-mail account to display to recipient
>
> I'm just subscribed to Outlook Live and using Outlook 2003.  I simply
> want to configure Outlook 2003 as I have my Outlook Express configured
> (ie receipient sees the same "reply to" e-mail address no matter which
> e-mail account I use to send the original e-mail).  For my POP3
> account, I easily configued Outlook 2003 to work using a different
> "reply to" address.  However, for the Hotmail account (http radio
> button) I don't have the same options available to change the "reply
> to" address.
>
> Reviewing the help file I found the following: "This feature is not
> available when using a Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account".
>
> Forgive me for being dense, but am I using a Microsoft Exchange Server
> when I'm using Hotmail?

Outlook Live with the Outlook Connector "talks" to the Hotmail server using 
much of the same mechanism it uses to "talk" to an Exchange server, even 
going to far as to create an OST.  As far as Outlook is concerned, you ARE 
connected to an Exchange server, with the Outlook Connector providing the 
translation between the Exchange protocols and the HTTP protocols.

Or, at least that's what the data I've read suggests is the case.
-- 
Brian Tillman 

0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/29/2006 5:41:32 PM
Great, Microsof't's creation of the Outlook Connector has diminished
it's capablity in this particular area.  I can't imagine I'm the only
person that wishes to specify a different "Reply To" address.


Brian Tillman wrote:
> tkat@ureach.com <tkat@ureach.com> wrote:
>
> > Issue:  I want a different e-mail account to display to recipient
> >
> > I'm just subscribed to Outlook Live and using Outlook 2003.  I simply
> > want to configure Outlook 2003 as I have my Outlook Express configured
> > (ie receipient sees the same "reply to" e-mail address no matter which
> > e-mail account I use to send the original e-mail).  For my POP3
> > account, I easily configued Outlook 2003 to work using a different
> > "reply to" address.  However, for the Hotmail account (http radio
> > button) I don't have the same options available to change the "reply
> > to" address.
> >
> > Reviewing the help file I found the following: "This feature is not
> > available when using a Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account".
> >
> > Forgive me for being dense, but am I using a Microsoft Exchange Server
> > when I'm using Hotmail?
>
> Outlook Live with the Outlook Connector "talks" to the Hotmail server using
> much of the same mechanism it uses to "talk" to an Exchange server, even
> going to far as to create an OST.  As far as Outlook is concerned, you ARE
> connected to an Exchange server, with the Outlook Connector providing the
> translation between the Exchange protocols and the HTTP protocols.
>
> Or, at least that's what the data I've read suggests is the case.
> -- 
> Brian Tillman

0
tkat (4)
6/29/2006 9:14:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

pgp error when opening Outlook 2000 Pro.
Please help. I have a computer that is running Windows XP Home and MSOffice 2000 Pro. Anyhow, when I try to open Outlook, it gives an error "pgpexch.dll" and says that virtual memory may be set to low. I don't know if the problem is with the file or with the virtual memory settings. I've gone into the virtual memory and set it to let Windows manage it but I still get the error. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your help. Sincerely, Rodney Brown ...

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #2
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

outlook over RPC new auth behaviour introduced?
I've been trying to isolate a strange issue with OORPC. Prior to some recent patching, a user would be able to log on to outlook over RPC without a workstation being a member of the domain by installing the relevant certificates and configure and setting up outlook as usual. Additionally your local cached login ID (say for example, a domain laptop was offsite and you logged in with cached info) did not seem related to whether you could log into an outlook over RPC account for a different user so long as you were using different outlook profiles. Now it seems that OORPC is only work...

Replies do not route back into CRM
Hi, friends. I have a problem with our CRM router which I can't work out for several days. Replies on outgoung e-mails, which were sent from CRM and which had tracking tokens their subjects, do not appear inside CRM application as closed e-mail activities. The router service runs under domain user account having System Administartor security role in CRM and Local Admin rights on the exchnage sever (2003). This account as well as Exchange server computer account is a member of PrivUserGroup. There are no errors in any of event logs. I have attached an e-mail box of router user (c...

Excel 2003/edit/replace. Under Options/Look In, values is AWOL bu.
Under Look In options Find allows for search by formulae OR values OR comments Replace is restricted to formulaes ONLY WHY? cp Have a look at this google search result. This topic came up a couple days ago and was addressed by Dave and Myrna. http://snipurl.com/cd9j Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:49:02 -0800, "cp" <cp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Under Look In options >Find allows for search by formulae OR values OR comments >Replace is restricted to formulaes ONLY >WHY? ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003
I am using outlook 2003 on a laptop. I would like to sync my changes with my assistant outlook 2003 when I get back to the office. Is it possible to sync contacts ? I do not want to use a central data base but really sync 2 different data bases. thanks phil <phil6987@voila.fr> wrote: > I am using outlook 2003 on a laptop. I would like to sync my changes > with my assistant outlook 2003 when I get back to the office. Is it > possible to sync contacts ? > I do not want to use a central data base but really sync 2 different > data bases. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/...

Setting up Exchange 2003 in a new environment
Hi Guys/Gals, I need some guidance as I am preparing to setup a new domain and exchange enviroment. this company currently has no internal domain structure, and no email structure at all. however their website/domain is being hosted through service provider, which has included a certain # of email accounts that can be used, via POP3 and SMTP. for these email addresses to work with the new exchange, what are some of the steps that I need to ensure that I use, in order for email to properly work internally and externally? I know that I need to have a DC structure put into place first, with ...

Sharing Outlook #2
I want to set up three account on my outlook. I have already set up two of them. Is there any way of switching from profile to profile while in outlook? nope...afaik... "PaulaDawn" <blah@blah.net> wrote in message news:OHC8VWbSEHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I want to set up three account on my outlook. > I have already set up two of them. Is there any way of switching from > profile to profile while in outlook? > > Only by shutting down and restarting - switching MAPI profiles is not as easy as switching identities in Outlook Express. --� Milly Stap...

Outlook 2003 attach File Browse Window Stops Responding
In outlook 2003 when I try to attach a file and the browse window pops open to browse for the file I want to attach the window will stop responding and I have to force quit the outlook. Any Ideas? do you have mapped network drives? how long do you wait before quitting outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipsti...

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

Outlook user profiles
I set-up two different user profiles in outlook. I am not able to change the settings in one user profile under Tools/options/mailset-up without it changing the settings on the other user profile. I need to apply individual settings for each. Anyone know how to remedy this? I have tried everything! Which settings are youi trying to change? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "gia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines
Hi! I synchronize my PDA daily and as part of its software, Newsbreak, I can send myself emails of interesting stories with URL links to look up online later when I get home and connect. When I load them into Outlook 2003 and send them to myself, very long URLs appear correct in the Outbox version of the emails. When I end up receiving the emails back INTO Outlook, it cuts off lines beyond a certain length, thereby rendering the URLs broken. Now I can look in the Sent Items and click the good version of the URL but I would really love to know how you keep Outlook 2003 from hatcheting...

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <>
Hi all IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <> . how to solve this problem Thanks Shaikh ...

Re The NEW USCERT key
MEB wrote: (complete and utter useless information) Another useless post brought to you by MEB. On 01/21/2010 07:42 PM, 98 Guy wrote: > MEB wrote: > > (complete and utter useless information) > > Another useless post brought to you by MEB. You are an idiot... -- MEB http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm Windows Info, Diagnostics, Security, Networking http://peoplescounsel.org The "real world" of Law, Justice, and Government ___--- 98 Guy here more info for you to see PGP Frequently Asked Questions with Answers, Part 1/3 http:...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Sending URL in Outlook XP
When I try to send a page by email from IE 6, Outlook displays a message saying Outlook has blocked access becuase of potentially unsafe. Is there a work around for this. I used to be able to send the page as an icon or send the page as a link. How can I get these features back? Thanks, Mark ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Can't access comcast newsgroups in outlook express 6 or Outlook 2003
Hi, I had the comcast news server working in both aps, but trying to make it work with outlook 2003 as the default program to access the newsgroup reader, by removing the newsgroup account in outlook express 6, I now can't get it to connect in either ap. duh... It's completely gone from Outlook 2003, ie, where before, under the go button there was a link to news, now there is not. Outlook express 6 still has the newsgroup reader, that's how I'm sending this, but when i try to go to the comcast news server it repeatedly asks for my username and password. I deleted the a...

Outlook Signatures #4
I have 3 mail accounts, each with a different signature. When I am composing a new email and select a different account to send from the sinature does not change. I can of course change it manually, but it doesn't work automaically. Any suggestions please ? Graham Redman <grahamredman@btinternet.com> wrote: > I have 3 mail accounts, each with a different signature. > > When I am composing a new email and select a different > account to send from the sinature does not change. > > I can of course change it manually, but it doesn't work > automaically. P...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook
I'm trying to import contacts from my office XP system running Outlook 2003 back to my home computer running Win 98 with Outlook, unsuccessfully. I've also tried to install Outlook XP software onto Win 98 and while it appears to be installed, there is no difference. Can anyone advise me on what to do? Outlook 2003 pst-files cannot be opened in previous versions of Outlook. You'll have to move them to an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file first. For detailed instructions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/downgradefromoutlook2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto...

view defaults to "draft font" in Outlook calendar how stop?
How do I reset this so it doesn't default to "draft font" in Outlook calendar? Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings
Hello: I need to transfer my Outlook 2003 to another PC, but I can't export the accounts settings. Any information about how to do this would be greatly appreciated. H Costa. "Helder Costa" <hdacosta@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message news:47422a3c$0$20685$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > Hello: > > I need to transfer my Outlook 2003 to another PC, but I can't export the > accounts settings. > > Any information about how to do this would be greatly appreciated. > > H Costa. > Go to Start-All Programs-Microsoft Office-Microsoft Office T...

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book
Hello, In contacts view I can see all my contacts. But if I try to search the contacts database using any of the search options I just get blanks - it seems Outlook is not seeing properly my address book. I tried to use Email/Options/Add contact database to add the address book to the profile, but I get the error message: "The account you have added is not fully configured. It might not work properly until re-configured correctly." What do I do now? Try the suggestions posted here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] w...

Mail Rule
Hi, I would like to create a rule which would delete any emails which DOESN'T contain an attachment, any idea anyone? Thanks for your time, Uri. Here's one method: Rule #1 -- Condition - has an attachment. Action - stop processing more rules Rule #2 -- Condition - none (will act on all messages). Action - delete -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "msnew" <uri@manpower.co.il> wrote in message news:%235sIUzEgEHA...