Outlook Keeps trying to send - Reprts Fail - No msgs in Outbox

Outlook keeps trying to send 4 emails from one of my email
accounts....ones which i believe i have already sent - it reports back
with a failure to send the mail messages...however i cant find any
trace of what its trying to send as there are no messages in the
outbox? How do i determine what its trying to send so i can delete them
or send them from another account

thanks JPHCCFC

"JPHCCFC" <jon.horsman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Outlook keeps trying to send 4 emails from one of my email
> accounts....ones which i believe i have already sent - it reports back
> with a failure to send the mail messages...however i cant find any
> trace of what its trying to send as there are no messages in the
> outbox? How do i determine what its trying to send so i can delete them
> or send them from another account

Did you ever request read reciepts?

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm

Post replies to the newsgroup - Share with others.
E-mail: Remove "NIX" and append "#VC811" to Subject.

Thanks for the response vanguard. No i never select read reciepts!!

im getting the following error message if that helps any further:-

Task 'customermail.easily.co.uk - Sending' reported error (0x80042109)
: 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.
If you continue to receive this message, contact your server
administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

> Thanks for the response vanguard. No i never select read reciepts!!
>
> im getting the following error message if that helps any further:-
>
> Task 'customermail.easily.co.uk - Sending' reported error (0x80042109)
> : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.
> If you continue to receive this message, contact your server
> administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

You did not specify the correct server name for your ISP's SMTP mail server.

You created an e-mail but didn't send it.  Then you deleted that account so
now that message has no valid account through which to send itself (the
account gets assigned when you composed the message).  However, in that
case, the mail should still appear in your Outbox.

Turn on the troubleshooting log, poll the one account you are having
problems, exit Outlook, and look in the logfile (%temp%\opmlog.log) to see
the commands for connecting, logging in, and sending your mails (from
wherever they originate).  You can post the log here.

Have you tried telnetting to their mail server to make sure you can get a
connection to it?  Do the following from a DOS prompt:

    telnet <smtpmailservername> 25
    (anything show up as a response?)

The idea is not to send mail but just to see if you can even establish a
connection to the mail server.

Post replies to the newsgroup - Share with others.
E-mail: Remove "NIX" and append "#VC811" to Subject.

I just loaded microsoft 2003.  I am having a very hard time with the outlook
portion.  When I hit send a receive it keeps retrieving ALL of my mail 11,119
every time.  Of course my mail box got full and it stopped send.  Then I
cleaned it all out and not when it checks for mail it keeps reloading all of
the e-mails.  Is there a setting that I need to change.  Please let me know.
My out going mail seems to be fine.
--
Thanks,
Simplyus

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "JPHCCFC" <jon.horsman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Outlook keeps trying to send 4 emails from one of my email
> > accounts....ones which i believe i have already sent - it reports back
> > with a failure to send the mail messages...however i cant find any
> > trace of what its trying to send as there are no messages in the
> > outbox? How do i determine what its trying to send so i can delete them
> > or send them from another account
>

> Did you ever request read reciepts?
>
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm

> Post replies to the newsgroup - Share with others.
> E-mail: Remove "NIX" and append "#VC811" to Subject.

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

Outlook Recall Msg Process

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

outlook 2007 e-mail

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...