Outlook keeps prompting for logon..

User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc.  Mailbox lives
on Exchange 2007 (SP1).  Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted
to logon.  I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it
and then disabled it again), but it's still happening.

I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off.
I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled.
I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it.
I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection.
Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7.

Nothing worked.  If i setup this users profile on another workstation, it
works fine.  I thought the wireless connection might be screwing things up,
so i disabled it and only used the wired the lan connection.  No luck.

The connection is set to automatically detect.

0
jim3476 (230)

I believe if IE is set to enable windows authentication and the user is
logging into windows using the domain acct, they will not be asked for a
password in outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message
> User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc.  Mailbox lives
> on Exchange 2007 (SP1).  Everytime the user starts Outlook they're
> prompted to logon.  I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and
> enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening.
>
> I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off.
> I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled.
> I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it.
> I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection.
> Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7.
>
> Nothing worked.  If i setup this users profile on another workstation, it
> works fine.  I thought the wireless connection might be screwing things
> up, so i disabled it and only used the wired the lan connection.  No luck.
>
> The connection is set to automatically detect.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Can Excel 2007 link with Outlook 2007
I have a list of companies names that I need to add the addresses to. I don't want them to be on the same worksheet. I will need to add compaines to the list from time to time. Also Is it possible to link these addresses with outlook? Thanks, Dan ...

Outlook 2003 Sends Read Receipt Requests
This is happening on all messages sent and even though the settings are such that it should not be sending them. I checked this on the individual messages and in the Tools>Options>E-Mail Options>Tracking Options and in neither location is that set to request a receipt. Any help is appreciated. Does this describe your issue? http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up081023.htm#4 -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head...

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

outlook 97 no right click functionality in inbox
When I right click on an email I no longer get a context menu. The mouse pointer briefly changes to an egg timer then back to pointer, thats it. anyone have any suggestions? Upgrade to a supported version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, werd asked: | When I right click on an email I no longer get a context menu. The | mouse pointer briefly changes to an egg timer then back to pointer, | thats it. | | anyone h...

Outlook Calander
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to change the available times for each daily listing in Outlook...say, from 9am of one day to 2am of the next day all in one view. I work at nights into the early hours of the next morning so I would like to be able to list these times as all in the same day. Any ideas? Thanks G'Day Steve, Tools>Options 'Preferences' Tab 'Calendar Options' Set 'Start Time' and 'End Time'. Is that what you were after?? -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia Anne & Pat Garard. apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau ____...

Custom code in Outlook
How can custom code be included in the outlook client?? The callouts written by us are working in outlook while the webusercontrols and custom multiselect lookups are not. Any suggestions? ...

Is it possible to create a pre-download rule in Outlook ?
Hi there ! I would like to control spam and make a rule in Outlook to analyze the headers and only dnload the messages really addressed to my alias. Is this possible with vba or any other way ?? Thanks/Brgds Joao Outlook will only act upon mail AFTER it has been downloaded to your in-box. It has been suggested that you use the remote mail option to examine your headers and then selectively download your messages after deleting spam. I have not tried this as I am on a broadband connection and do not wish to go back to dialup. However, it is one possibility. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Netscape Communicator 7.1 export to Outlook 2003
I am trying to import messages and address book from Netscape Communicator 7.1 and following the instructions in KB article 242008 but the import for Outlook Express 6 does not 'like' the file location of the Communicator files Does anyone have any insights/suggestions on how I can accomplish this switch-over The ultimate goal is to get it all to Outlook 2003 and the KB indicates having to import to OE first "Karl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52F8FC11-A15B-4B9D-83E6-EC2BB5AA71F8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to import messages an...

errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003)
I use Outlook 2003 I've tried to configure Hotmail on Outlook 2003 I keep getting the following errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003) -------------------------- errors -------------------------- Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' --------------------------------------------------------------- ...

conflict w/Microsoft Outlook & Outlook Express
when i try and send an email i get the message "there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request". please run Microsoft Outlook and set an the default mail client. I don't wanrt to use Microsoft outlook, i want to use Outlook Express. In internet options under programs outlook express is set as mail default. PLEASE HELP ME SET THIS PROBLEM RIGHT. THANKS SANDY Go to control panel, internet options, programs, and set OE as your default mail client. sandy lanzet wrote: > when i try and send an email i get the message &quo...

transfering the .pst for outlook '03
* takes place in Outlook 2003 I transferred my office.pst file form another computer and put it on my new computer (both computers had office professional 2003), but it didn't save any of my "emails; sent, received, and my specific file that I created to organize my incoming emails (which was created in my "personal folders column")" The only thing it appeared to save was my calendar information. The size of the office.pst file that I was attempting to transfer was 118 MB. I think somewhere in that file must be my emails. How do I get them to appear on my new c...

Error after Outlook reinstall
This would pop up. Error - Could not obtain Microsoft Outlook version Also, I can't install the microsoft updates to outlook because it says because it doesn't know it's version. -- Kate So what version of Outlook did you re-install -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "SFKate" <SFKate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F6F470A-D977-42CE-A342-909DAA07FE2A@microsoft.com... > This would pop up. Error - Could not obtain Microsoft Out...

Set Outlook 2000 up for Hotmail Account
i am running Outlook 2000 and amd trying to set it up to work with hotmail. The only help that i can find is for Outlook 2002 or 2003. Help. Um, that is because Hotmail is not supported in Outlook 2000? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, sarah asked: | i am running Outlook 2000 and amd trying to set it up to | work with hotmail. The only help that i can find is for | Outlook 2...

outlook e-mail #3
messages in my inbox disappear after i read them. where can i retrieve them Check your view. View, Current view, and make sure it's not set to unread messages. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438901c3e44e$8edc7360$a301280a@phx.gbl... > messages in my inbox disappear after i read them. where > can i retrieve them <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438901c...

miss configured outlook
I just installed outlook 2000 the user tried to configure it. they selected internet connection. To change the installation type from IMO to CW, follow these steps: 1.. On the Tools menu, click Options. 2.. On the Mail Delivery Tab, click Reconfigure Mail Support. 3.. On the E-mail Service Options page, click to select the mail support option you are switching to. Click Next. 4.. Read the warning message and then click Yes. Outlook will close. 5.. Start Outlook. The Windows Installer will start and install the required files. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2
In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box whitch contains folders. How does one edit these folders (remove.) Thanks...Keith Right click and remove, it is under the search folders. If you do not want any just choose folder list insetead of mail "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cRa%b.9581$aT1.8218@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box > whitch contains folders. > > How does one edit these folders (remove.) > > Thanks...

CRM SF Outlook: Succesful Install, cannot access though
Can some one plz explain stepwise how to access CRM SFO. I cant locate any documentation to it. Thugh it has been succesfuly installed on my machine. Please guide me how to go around with it. Thanks g Best bet for free documentation is the Implementation Guide. Also this excellent site: http://www.mscrmexperts.com which happens to host a white paper you might be interested in on the SFO. info@sharedcal.co.uk www.sharedcal.co.uk Your fast route for team calendar view sharing in MSCRM 1.2! "Gautam Sachdev" <gautamsachdeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:739B7E8A-828E-415...

auto track outlook mails in crm 4.0
Hi all, In order to auto track outlook emails in crm 4.0, I have done followings but it does not working, can anyone help me pls?. Thanks. CRM-> Settings -> Adminstration -> Users Select the specific user and under the general tab (which whould be the default tab shown) there is a section called E-Mail Access Configuration. Select the incoming to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. If you would like CRM to send email outgoing, you can do so under the outgoing property but for my setup, we leave it at None. Now, go into the dropdown option in Outlook Outlook -> CRM -> Opt...

Unable to open html attachment in outlook 2000 (Please help)
Currently using outlook 2000. Got an attachment html link. Click open, a new windows --> system32 opened. Click onto the attachment again, Click save as, into my computer, double click the link, then it able to open in IE. Q: Why can't I open it directly, instead I have to save the attachment before open the html file. Please help. Thanks & Regards James something is messed up if it's opening a windows explorer window. I think you'll need to reregister IE. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...

Is there a way to turn off the prompts of a make table query?
I merely want to update the table to be used as an export to Excel using TransferSpreadsheet. Each time it prompts for deleting old records and adding new records. Is there a was to turn off the prompts? Bottom line - I want to create an Macro to export the output of a query to an Excel spreadsheet. BobC, DoCmd.SetWarnings False 'Off Your TransferSpreadsheet line here DoCmd.SetWarnings True 'On -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "...

Problem Opening Outlook XP
I was having a few small problems with outlook xp so I uninstalled the whole office suite. After uninstalling I cleaned everything refering to "office", "outlook" in the registry (windows xp professional w/sp2) with jv16 PowerTools 2006. Then I reinstalled Office XP. Everything works except, when opening outlook I get the message "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register.". Then outlook closes. I have registered vbscript.dll successfully and still the error. I have un/reinstalled several times now and still t...

Where can download latest CRM 3 Outlook CD
Hi. May i know where can download the latest CRM 3 Outlook CD. this link it is the latest one http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=740E1B3B-11C3-4AEF-B2E3-8309E0CF1BB0&displaylang=en thank you Yes, the link you does point to the latest CRM 3 Outlook. Don't forgot to also install the Update Rollup 2 afterwards. You can find that by browsing to www.microsoft.com/downloads and entering "crm update rollup 2" in the box next to search all downloads. "Ng" wrote: > Hi. > > May i know where can download the latest CRM 3 Outlook CD. &g...

Access 2007 error when sending email through Outlook 2007
I send email using this module: Sub sbSendMessage(argRecipient, argFrom, argSubject, argBody, argUserKey, argNbrEmail) Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment Dim tmpRecipient As String Dim tmpSubject As String Dim tmpBody As String Dim tmpFrom As String Dim tmpUserKey As Long Dim tmpNbrEmail As Integer tmpRecipient = argRecipient tmpSubject = argSubject tmpBody = argBody tmpFrom = argFrom tmpUserKey = argUserKey ...

How do you hide .00's in a worksheet & keep the ones that say 10.7
I want to be able to have all my .00's in worksheet as not showing the decimal places, and want to keep all the ones that have decimal places as .75 etc. In other words, I don't want to "hide" the 2 decimal places that actually have cents on there (for example, keep all the 10.75's, 10.68's, but hide all the zeros in 10.00 so that tht zero cents just show as 10 instead of 10.00....)? I don't want to have to go and select all the individual cells that show with zeros and change them to showing zero decimals... Format the cells as General (Format...

Outlook 2007/Vista 64/ "Cannot open the Outlook Window"
Unable to start Outlook; rcv dialog "Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook; Cannot open the Outlook Window". Error occurred AFTER a Norton 2009 "idle time scan" hang DURING an Outlook send/receive that was apparrently hung due to Norton. I have attempted several published fixes including Scanpst, DeleteOutlookProfiles, running Outlook with /safe switch (same error), uninstall/reinstall Outlook, turning Norton 2009 off during my process, etc. On reinstall (after running DeleteOutlookProfiles), I create a new profile and a new Outlook PST ... still receive the "...