outlook keeps disappearing from my task bar

not sure if that is the right term.  But the list on the bottom of my screen
that shows all open programs.
Outlook 2003 keeps going away and then I have to reopen it.  It doesn't seem
to shut down completely, but it always goes back to the OUTLOOK TODAY
page..which is sort of annoying because I am using a previously sent email
to copy and paste in future emails.

Windows XP

Any suggestions?

0
Meg

Do you have Outlook set to disappear when you minimize it? Also, when you
think Outlook is closed, does it still show in your Task Manager (processes,
look for outlook.exe)? Then it's not really closed.

"********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message
> not sure if that is the right term.  But the list on the bottom of my
screen
> that shows all open programs.
> Outlook 2003 keeps going away and then I have to reopen it.  It doesn't
seem
> to shut down completely, but it always goes back to the OUTLOOK TODAY
> page..which is sort of annoying because I am using a previously sent email
> to copy and paste in future emails.
>
> Windows XP
>
> Any suggestions?

0
korland (145)
7/20/2009 6:16:52 PM
Where is that option for Outlook to disappear when I minimize?

"K. Orland" <korland@nospamrogers.com> wrote in message
> Do you have Outlook set to disappear when you minimize it? Also, when you
> think Outlook is closed, does it still show in your Task Manager
> (processes,
> look for outlook.exe)? Then it's not really closed.
>

> "********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message
>> not sure if that is the right term.  But the list on the bottom of my
> screen
>> that shows all open programs.
>> Outlook 2003 keeps going away and then I have to reopen it.  It doesn't
> seem
>> to shut down completely, but it always goes back to the OUTLOOK TODAY
>> page..which is sort of annoying because I am using a previously sent
>> email
>> to copy and paste in future emails.
>>
>> Windows XP
>>
>> Any suggestions?

0
Meg
7/20/2009 6:27:53 PM
it shows in the task manager processes, but not running applications.

"K. Orland" <korland@nospamrogers.com> wrote in message
> Do you have Outlook set to disappear when you minimize it? Also, when you
> think Outlook is closed, does it still show in your Task Manager
> (processes,
> look for outlook.exe)? Then it's not really closed.
>

> "********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message
>> not sure if that is the right term.  But the list on the bottom of my
> screen
>> that shows all open programs.
>> Outlook 2003 keeps going away and then I have to reopen it.  It doesn't
> seem
>> to shut down completely, but it always goes back to the OUTLOOK TODAY
>> page..which is sort of annoying because I am using a previously sent
>> email
>> to copy and paste in future emails.
>>
>> Windows XP
>>
>> Any suggestions?

0
Meg
7/20/2009 6:49:22 PM
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/outlook/HA011601291033.aspx

> Where is that option for Outlook to disappear when I minimize?
>
> "K. Orland" <korland@nospamrogers.com> wrote in message
> > Do you have Outlook set to disappear when you minimize it? Also, when
you
> > think Outlook is closed, does it still show in your Task Manager
> > (processes,
> > look for outlook.exe)? Then it's not really closed.
> >

> > "********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message
> >> not sure if that is the right term.  But the list on the bottom of my
> > screen
> >> that shows all open programs.
> >> Outlook 2003 keeps going away and then I have to reopen it.  It doesn't
> > seem
> >> to shut down completely, but it always goes back to the OUTLOOK TODAY
> >> page..which is sort of annoying because I am using a previously sent
> >> email
> >> to copy and paste in future emails.
> >>
> >> Windows XP
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?

0
korland (145)
7/20/2009 6:51:17 PM
This means it's not actually shut down.

> it shows in the task manager processes, but not running applications.
>

> "K. Orland" <korland@nospamrogers.com> wrote in message
> > Do you have Outlook set to disappear when you minimize it? Also, when
you
> > think Outlook is closed, does it still show in your Task Manager
> > (processes,
> > look for outlook.exe)? Then it's not really closed.
> >

> > "********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message
> >> not sure if that is the right term.  But the list on the bottom of my
> > screen
> >> that shows all open programs.
> >> Outlook 2003 keeps going away and then I have to reopen it.  It doesn't
> > seem
> >> to shut down completely, but it always goes back to the OUTLOOK TODAY
> >> page..which is sort of annoying because I am using a previously sent
> >> email
> >> to copy and paste in future emails.
> >>
> >> Windows XP
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?

0
korland (145)

Outlook quitting immediately after opening #2
Outlook quitting immediately after opening Outlook quits straight after it opens. I have removed it and re-installed it but its made nodifference. I get a half second view of the inbox (which is still my original inbox which seems strange after removal and reinstallation?) -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments
I am extremely frustrated by the inability of my friends to send me Level 1 ("Unsafe")attachments, such as URL's, Access databases and such without having to tell them they need to zip the file or change the file name extension. How can I fix this problem? I'm using Outlook 2002 with no service packs updated. Thanks Steve bashed at the keyboard and said..: > I am extremely frustrated by the inability of my friends > to send me Level 1 ("Unsafe")attachments, such as URL's, > Access databases and such without having to tell them > they need to...

Outlook and message rules- can't get one to work?
I have set up message rules to divert mail from my inbox to various sub folders or new folders. I use these:- Check messages when they arrive\ from people or distribution list \ with specific words in the senders address \ with specific words in the subject or body Now the problem is that some of the messages are recieved from people in my address book and when they send a message sometimes their name and address is in the 'from' and other times it is just their name and so the ones with just their name do not get moved across to the folder I want. I have added their name or...

My format toolbar dissappeared and won't come back... Outlook 2003
I don't mean, grayed out. I mean not there. HTML, Rich text, doesn't matter. Any ideas? Is it turned off or actually deleted? Did you try resetting toolbars? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newslette...

bar graph with varying Y scales
My goal is to make a bar graph where each X value has three y values -- two of which are a "range" and the other is the actual data point. Something like this: -- X -- x -- -- x -- -- ----------------------------------------- I can't see any clear way to do that. Unfortunately I'd also prefer that each X value have a different Y-Scale (as each column isn't necessarily compared against another) It's more important to see the value within the range. I hope the above is clear First make your data in a tabl...

Using Outlook 2003 in Windows 7
I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Windows 7 that has been properly activated. However, every time I open it in Windows 7 I am asked to accept the Microsoft End User Agreement, which is annoying since I accept it every time (actually this happens every time I open an Office 2003 product). Is there someway to deactivate this request? Thx for the help. "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11F6EC50-7351-4B84-A7BC-4322115C9B88@microsoft.com... > I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Win...

CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Hi, I have procedure for sending mail. The problem is that the procedure will work the first time it is executed but not the second time then the third time it will work but not the fourth time and so on. The sendEmail procedure is below. Any help will be very much appreciated! Public Sub sendMail() On Error Resume Next Dim oLApp As Object Dim eMail As Object Dim thisWb As String thisWb = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ThisWorkbook.Name Set oLApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set eMail = oLApp.Creat...

Recommended (KB) per user for Outlook/OWA
Does anyone out there knows or have links to "what is the recommended bandwidth per user for MS Outlook 2000 and OWA running on Exchange 2000? ...

outlook safe distribution list
I would like to set up a distribution list that uses the bcc field for the members of the list to protect the identities of the persons on the list but still takes advantage of the personalized to: field for each member. Help would be appreciated. Thank you. You can't do this by using the BCC field then. Use the Mail Merge option from within Word instead. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <mcgongee@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1188501c441cc$82119260$a601280a@phx.gbl...

Outlook 2003 gelen kutusu kapsitesi
mrb bebim sıkıntım outlok 2003 'ün özellikleri hakkında mesela gelen kutusunun kapasitesi ne kadar bu ve bunun gibi konuların cevaplarını nasıl bulurum yardımcı olursanız sevinirim -- ...

Outlook Shutdown Problem
Office XP standard on XP Pro machine, in a Workgroup with a file server. Outlook works fine, however when closing Outlook, all indications are that it has closed, but opening Task Manager reveals that Outlook.exe is still running. If you try to shut puter down, Outlook "End Program" pops up. If you try to reopen Outlook, without killing in task manager, a second Outlook.exe pops up in Task Manager, but Outlook never opens. If you continue to click on Outlook icon, you can open a seemingly infinite number of Outlook.exe's. Have run "Detect and Repair" and have ...

Outlook 2007 is a BIG CPU hog!
Is it just me, or is Outlook 07 a big hog of my resources? At times it seems to take like a full minute to "open" up the app, when I restart.... And sometimes I get that "sorry, the Personal Folders area might have been damaged, so we have to check that" and then the app churns and churns for like 5 minutes. Why does that happen when I just normally do the Start > Restart process...ie does it not close down properly? As you can tell btw, I'm an OE guy now since w2k....but wanted to move "up" to Outlook....but the cost in performance has me secong gue...

Outlook 2007 (Trial) Tools->Options and Tools>Customize disabled
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2007 (Trial) (12.0.4518.1014) onto a fresh Vista Home Premium Platform. The install went fine, but when I accessed the Tools menu, I found the "Customize" and "Options" menu items to be disabled. I still have 2 weeks before my trial license expires. Is this a restrictions on the trial version? Thanks, Randy Trial versions of all Office programs are full versions limited only to = the 30 or 60 day trial limit. Have you tried running Office Diagnostics on your Office installation? = Where in Outlook are you seeing these items...

Outlook 2007 Pro nd Quicken
I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and deposit reminders to the Outlook Calendar. Cool! Is there any way to configure how far out the reminders are sent or received from Quicken? Thx Jerry Windows Home Premium 64 bit Office 2007 Pro Trial "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79AFBEA-7EFE-4977-97A7-0DE108500DF6@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that > Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and...

Outlook stops responding #3
Outlook stops responding every time one of our users tries to access a Word doc via a link in an e-mail. She can browse to the Word doc and open it without any problem. The same link works for others. Any ideas? Thanks, Sean What version of Outlook and how are the files sent? What is the message format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Outlook 2003 will close but not shutdown
Running Outlook (11.8010.6568) SP2 Have multiple email accounts setup for selection on startup. Once an email account is selected everything works fine. When I shut Outlook down to go to another email account, Outlook shuts down but once selected again, the other email account automatically starts again. After I shut Outlook down, and select Windows Task Manager, Outlook is still running. The only way to go to another email account is to manually shut down Outlook via Windows Task Manager. I know that this is not the way it should be, but there seems to be no alternative. Is there a...

Can't find outlook archive.pst
I'm constantly getting "can't find Outlook archive.pst" error message when I launch Outlook XP. Does anyone know how to get rid of this error message? Richard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm constantly getting "can't find Outlook archive.pst" > error message when I launch Outlook XP. Does anyone know > how to get rid of this error message? Either create an Archive PST or disable archiving (Tools>Options>Other) -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 ...

Help Problems with Outlook tool bar buttons
I'm hoping someone can offer advice on problems that I'm experiencing with Outlook 2003 toolbar buttons. Toolbar buttons usually work fine when I first open Outlook, but after I use a particular button once, it no longer works. For example, I can create a task, then assign the task. the next time I create a task, the assign button no longer works. I have to re-boot outlook to get the button to work again - then it only works once, etc, etc. This is also true of many other (but not all ) Outlook buttons, like "Save and Close", "Recurrence", and others. On...

move multiple folders in outlook 2003 Public Folders
I am using Outlook 2003 and use Public Folders to hold Project Emails etc. At the end of each month, I need to move the folders created in the month to an archive Public Folder. For example, I would have public folders called 091101-420, 091101-421, 091102-423, 091104-424 and would need to move them to an archive folder 0911. I currently right click the folder to be moved, select "Move...", select 0911 from the drop down list and then click "OK". I have to do this for each folder. I can't see a way of selecting multiple Public Folders to move them all at o...

Outlook 2003 error message #6
Has anyone seen this error message? We are running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5. Does not happen all the time. Usually happens on DSL link. I cannot re-create it. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: (subject) Sent: 2/25/2004 8:40 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: (End user) on 2/25/2004 8:40 AM Remote was unable to open a message for submission on the server.Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Thanks in advance ...

Outlook Not Responding #10
The power shut down and my computer rebooted will attempting to create a new e-mail. Now I can not get Outlook to start up. The Outlook 2000 icon comes up and I can hear the computer running but that is as far as it goes. I have to go into the Task Manager (program not responding) and shut it down. My OS is Win2000 Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will nee...

Outlook 20003 stopped working
Hi, As of 3 days ago, my outlook suddenly stopped working. Nothing had changed on my computer during these days. This probolems happens on 2 computers I have here, bit have the same setup and same hardware. 1. My laptop still works, I can login to all my accounts and get emails into outlook and outlook express, I can also login to msn messenger. So therefrore this is not an ISP issue. 2. I dont have a bad header or big attachement on any of the emails I am trying to download right now. I have just send some basic plain text messeges test messages. with outlook its starts to downl...

Outlook Junk Filter is filtering good emails sometime
I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to never filter emails from his address. Using outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 Frank. Can you add them to the Safe Senders list? "WizardOnTheRun" <frank.perryman@dadeservice.com> wrote in message news:1186663659.958194.221190@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the > junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to > never filter emails from his addre...

outlook 2003 sent items column displays "none"
Hi.. When I send a mail message to someone (an exchange user) by Outlook 2003 ; message shown as in sent items 'to column' "to : (none)" (with arrange by to: ) and in message to & cc fields are blank... In addition mail recipients receiving mail to & cc fields are blank.. How can I solve this problem ; can anybody help me ? Thanks.. ...

Outlook running slow
Hi It can take up to 10 seconds for the contents of an E Mail to appear in the preview pane, and the same time to view the whole message. All other applications run like lightning so its not the computer. Can anyone help to speed Outlook up Neil Outlook 2002/XP? Disable the Windows Messenger integration; Tools-> Options-> tab Other -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tr...