Outlook keeps auto-receiving emails...and i have it disabled.

I use mailwasher to check/filter out spam before launching my email client.

Yesterday I switched over to outlook. The problem is outlook is downloading
my emails, which makes the point of using mailwasher useless as it needs to
corall all emails before processing....I would sift through them, it deletes
the spam, and then I manually send/receive to get the emails I WANT.

So as I said I started using outlook yesterday and it keeps automatically
downloading the emails...spam and all so they're off the server before
mailwasher can deal with them.

I THOUGHT I have this option turned off.

If I go to TOOLS>SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS, Disable Scheduled Send/Receive is
CHECKED.

Or, if I go to OPTIONS>MAIL SETUP>SEND/RECEIVE, all of my email accounts are
in the group and neither "Schedule automatic send/receive every __ minutes."
is checked.

So why is it when I come back to my computer I have mail waiting in outlook?

I do have the incredimail outlook plugin installed, but there is no delivery
options for incredimail, as outlook does all of that.

I cant figure it out and its driving me crazy!

If I'm mising something, and you can help, please reply back.

THANKS!!

0
nope (18)

"Axl" <nope@noway.com> wrote in message news:<JHsoc.907$th.199@fe2.columbus.rr.com>...
> I use mailwasher to check/filter out spam before launching my email client.
>
> Yesterday I switched over to outlook. The problem is outlook is downloading
> my emails, which makes the point of using mailwasher useless as it needs to
> corall all emails before processing....I would sift through them, it deletes
> the spam, and then I manually send/receive to get the emails I WANT.
>
> So as I said I started using outlook yesterday and it keeps automatically
> downloading the emails...spam and all so they're off the server before
> mailwasher can deal with them.
>
> I THOUGHT I have this option turned off.
>
> If I go to TOOLS>SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS, Disable Scheduled Send/Receive is
> CHECKED.
>
> Or, if I go to OPTIONS>MAIL SETUP>SEND/RECEIVE, all of my email accounts are
> in the group and neither "Schedule automatic send/receive every __ minutes."
> is checked.
>
> So why is it when I come back to my computer I have mail waiting in outlook?
>
> I do have the incredimail outlook plugin installed, but there is no delivery
> options for incredimail, as outlook does all of that.
>
> I cant figure it out and its driving me crazy!
>
> If I'm mising something, and you can help, please reply back.
>
> THANKS!!

Although the IncrediMail addon does not check for messages on it's
own, it can cause utlook to do so at certain intervals.
To disable this, click the "Notifier" button on the main Outlook
window and remove the check from the item "When Outlook is closed,
check for new messages every..."

Hope that helps,
ShoomKloom
0
shoomkloom (11)

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

applying auto archiving
Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox. I would like some help with this please. I know t...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Hdtv Receiver Tuner
Channel Master CM-7000 Digital to Analog TV Converter Box Price:$59.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Elgato Systems 10020974 EyeTV Hybrid TV Tuner Stick for Analog, HDTV and FM Radio Reception Price:$149.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001QCYHXM Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001QCYHXM Hauppauge 1192 WinTV HVR-1950 External USB HDTV Tuner/Video Recorder Price:$149.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B00198MYB0 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?...

Need help with Auto Filter

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses