Outlook invaded by Jeeves

Hi,  When I open outlook and then click on a folder from the list (inbox,
calendar etc) the folder opens for a few seconds but then before I have time
to do anything I am redirected to a web page of "ask jeeves" search results.
For example, when I click on 'calendar', the calendar opens up but within
seconds I am presented with the "Ask Jeeves" search results as if I had
typed "Outlook: Calendar" into an search box on the ask.com web site.

I never use ask.com and haven't changed any settings in outlook recently.
Everything was fine from the time I first installed outlook, but this
problem has suddenly appeared and now happens all the time so I can't read
my emails or do anything with my calendar, contacts etc.
Please can anybody help me out here.
Many thanks in advance.

Perhaps this will help?

Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Topnet Trev wrote:
> Hi,  When I open outlook and then click on a folder from the list
> (inbox, calendar etc) the folder opens for a few seconds but then
> before I have time to do anything I am redirected to a web page of
> "ask jeeves" search results. For example, when I click on 'calendar',
> the calendar opens up but within seconds I am presented with the "Ask
> Jeeves" search results as if I had typed "Outlook: Calendar" into an
> search box on the ask.com web site.
>
> I never use ask.com and haven't changed any settings in outlook
> recently. Everything was fine from the time I first installed
> outlook, but this problem has suddenly appeared and now happens all
> the time so I can't read my emails or do anything with my calendar,
> contacts etc. Please can anybody help me out here.
> Many thanks in advance.

0
lanwench (7567)
4/1/2004 2:26:24 PM
Thanks, but I tried that and the problem is still there. I also searched for
all files relating to ask.com (cookies, temp files etc) and deleted them,
but to no avail.

"Joanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You probably have 'spyware' on your computer. For example, I know that
Bearshare causes this problem.  Download Ad Aware from downloads.com and
clean your computer of all spyware. It should take care of the problem.

Topnet Trev <trevor.prior@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Hi,  When I open outlook and then click on a folder from the list
> (inbox, calendar etc) the folder opens for a few seconds but then
> before I have time to do anything I am redirected to a web page of
> "ask jeeves" search results. For example, when I click on 'calendar',
> the calendar opens up but within seconds I am presented with the "Ask
> Jeeves" search results as if I had typed "Outlook: Calendar" into an
> search box on the ask.com web site.

See this conversation:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1074641871
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Outlook
Hi, We have a public folder - Orders - that our sales people forward orders to and they are picked up by accounts. Works great only some orders get processed twice or some don't get processed at all!! I am wondering if there is a way to automatically move a message to a subfolder, called Processed, when they are read? I know Move to Folder is easy enough, but anything we can automate would be great. Many Thanks. you'd need to use a script or VBA. Outlook doesn't have anything built in. I use Auto-mate to move messages later but I don't know if it works on public folders. ...

Shutting off flags in Outlook 2007
How do I stop the message that says "message not sent" that pops up while composing e-mail? Is it an actual dialog box that comes up? What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

Set Default Calendar in Outlook 2003
How can I change the default calendar in Outlook 2003? I have two calendars showing. One was created when I installed Outlook. The other was created when I installed Outlook Conector and added my MSN account. I'd like to use the MSN calendar as default as it is synced to all my computers when I log on to Outlook. Thanks, Sam Your default calendar folder is always the Calendar folder in your local message store or Exchange Mailbox. You can't make the MSN one the default as far as I know "Sam Crawford" <sam@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eN531ASxFHA.612@T...

Outlook 2000 corporate
at work I have outlook 2000 corp and at home I have outlook express 6.0 individual. Do I have to purchase outlook 2000 corporate or can I download it. I like the calendar with the appointment and reminder features. You have to purchase OL as a stand alone product or part of the MS Office suite of apps. OL can be set up in Corporate or Internet Mode, I would suggest Internet Mode for a single desktop sys. David "Dinah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06f201c3d787$4d69c500$a401280a@phx.gbl... > at work I have outlook 2000 corp and at home I ha...

DST update tool for Outlook/exchange...
Hi all, How do i check if the patch for outlook software applied and work? After applied all the patch for server, exchange, and Outlook/exchange update tool, will the appointment shift by 1 hour or it will stays at the same time as of NOW before 3/11? THanks for your time. Only the appointments in the affected DST period will be impacted - which occurs 3 weeks earlier and ends 1 week later than earlier years. The Outlook Timezone Update Tool in interactive, allows selecting/deselecting appointments to be changed and outputs a log that is displayed at the end of the session. When you...

Outlook.exe has caused errors and windows is closing it
It also says it is creating an error log. We have basically put a user profile and reimaged the computer and still have this error that shuts down Outlook. 1. It appears that there must be something in the data of outlook since that is all that remains from the previous installation. We have removed all calendar items and still have problems. All that remains are email items. Virus signatures are current (today). Any ideas? 2. Where is this error log. What is it called. We have searched for it on the local hard disk and don't see anything that we can access. Has anyone had ...

Received mail notification in Outlook 2007
I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? That's a Windows setting in Control Panel, Sounds. Under Windows Sounds, choose one for New mail Notification. "RigaLVB" wrote: > I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would > like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, > such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? > > > ...

Outlook reminders #3
I have a client who is still recieving outlook reminders from several weeks ago, also, when opening outlook it opens every reminder she setup. Another users reminders are not working according to schedules he has setup, reminders are popping up late. I ran the command outlook /cleanreminders but this did not resolve these issues. Any thoughts would be appreciated. ...

operation failed error in outlook 2000
I've been using O-2000 for years under professional 2000 OS. suddenly I get operation failed error msg right after I see app fully displayed. ...

Problems during Outlook 2003 start
Greetings to Everybody I've a problem during the start of Outlook 2003: Last week I've installed and removed the program Motorola Mobile Phone Tools. Now everytime that I start outlook appears an error message about the impossibility to found a DLL called Out97.dll placed in the folde c:\programmi\mobile phone tools. In the error message is written to try to use the option "Rileva Problemi e ripristina" in the menu ?(English translation is about Find Problems and reset" but I don't think that in the English version of Outlook the menu is called like this) but if I ch...

outlook operational fail event id 27
We got this error message when run outlook client on Citrix server : outlook operational fail event id 27 The outlook session hung sometimes more than 20 seconds.... Any suggestion will be appreciated!!!! Thanks! Eric Peng ...

Send and receive with Outlook Express but only receive with Outlook?
Hi, Just had a quick look at a friends computer who runs his own business, he can't send mail with Outlook. Mail leaves his PC via his ISDN router, goes around his ISP's network for 3-4 hours and then bounces back. Tried with Outlook express and it works perfectly. I've looked at both configurations and they seem to be the same... He can receive mail in Outlook, just won't send. Any ideas? Thanks Daz (replace (AT) with @ ;-)) Daz N <darren(AT)clara.co.uk> wrote: > Just had a quick look at a friends computer who runs his own > business, he can't s...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have recently upgrated from MS Outlook Express to MS Outlook 2003 on WinXP. Using rule based filters I want to filter my mails in different catogaries. Now the situation is I want all the mails arriving from one domain to be moved in a single floder. eg. if the mail arriave from ..yahoo.com domain it should me moved in to local yahoo folder. Is there a way to specify wildcard like *.yahoo.com or any other tweak so that I can move all the mail arriving from one domain rather then using single mail id. Regards, Ketan. You can use the condition; With specific words in the sender's ...

Forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook
How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook/201005/1 Insert the individual e-mail items into one new mail message and send that message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com asked: | How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook?...

User name does not show up in Global Address List in Outlook
We created several AD accounts with email. I look at the exchange server and the recipients policy is default. Is there an options or configurations I need to do so the user email address will automatically show up in the global address list? I am stump as to why it does not show up in global address list. they should, automatically...are the AD accounts stamped with an smtp address? If not, it would appear that your RUS is malfunctioning...if they are, you should be able to see them in the GAL unless you're running Outlook in cached mode, maybe, and your OAB is not updating... -...

Outlook 2000: Printers Dimmed/Greyed Out in "Memo" (or Default Printer Printing) for HTML Messages
Quite a puzzle. Searched lots, no answers. So I thought I'd access the accummulated wisdom of this group. :-) Outlook 2000, Windows XP, any printer local or network. A recent problem, post SP2 update (which went without a hitch). Note: When I refer to the "Outlook Print icon" I mean the one on the top menu of Outlook. When I refer to the "Message Print icon" I mean the one that appears on the top menu of the message window. Normally, I would click on the Outlook Print icon to print an e-mail and it prints to the default printer. If the message is not Plain text, it b...

Outlook 2003 error
I got reburish PC from microcenter. It had a trail version of Office 2007 which had outlook. I uninstalled Office 2007 and install my Office 2003. All other Office program works fine except Outlook. After creating my email account it gave me this error message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folder. Outlook could not startbecause a data file to send and recieve mail could not be found. To dd a data file, such s a perosnal folder file, double-click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel." I did that an when i try to add a data folder on my outlook profile it ga...

Viewing Outlook 2007 calendar in a "stacked" view?
I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly view, so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as (imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath): Monday Thursday Tuesday Friday Wednesday Sat/Sun I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an option? Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns? That view is gone in 2007 Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au Ou...

Backing Up Outlook.pst to CD
I used to easily find location of all my Outlook.pst files in order to back up to CD quickly. Recently had a crashed harddrive, and easily restored my files to new harddrive. Now I can't find location of current .pst files to back up to CD anew. Where are the full files? I know it's a large file and easily recognizable once found. Open Outlook, right click on personal folders and select properties > advanced. Dialog box should list drive/path/filename information so you can quickly locate it. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

problems with newly installed outlook 2002
hi, i've just upgraded from office 2000 to office xp... i have a problem with outlook 2002...when i click send and receive i get an error message "the operation failed".... but i can download from each of my email accounts individually via the tools>send/receive menu.. i've downloaded an update from the microsoft site but that hasn't solved the problem... anyone got any ideas how to fix this.. cheers, davlam added: now it appears i can't send emails....but all my email account settings are exactly the same as with outlook 2000, which worked fin...

Outlook Express creates a File on my desktop
ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my desktop named "~". it has done this since new, and ive seen it on one other computer as well. is there a way to stop this from happening?? cause deleting the file everytime is getting tiresome...if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. ty Shawn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but > when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my > desktop named "~". ...

How do I insert a logo into outgoing email in Outlook?
I want to creat stationery in Outlook that has my company logo at the top. When I try to create stationery and insert the logo, the entire page is filled with many logos. ...

OWA Not Showing Outlook Messages
Hello-- We just did an Exchange switch from one server to another. We have one client who logs onto OWA and cannot see his messages nor his calender. Everyone else that has tried seems to be fine. If I send the client an email, it will show in his inbox in OWA. What could be causing this? How can I correct it? Specs: Exchange Server 2003 standard, with Outlook 2003. Many thanks, Stephen Deliveryset to Personal Folders on his workstation? razor wrote: > Hello-- > > We just did an Exchange switch from one server to another. We have one > client who logs onto OWA and cannot...

how make outlook 2003 default and keep NG reader?
Hi, I have a perplexing problem concerning outlook express 6.0 and outlook 2003, both of which I have installed on a new laptop running xp home. I set up express first, and so it was the default email and newsgroup client. Subsequently Outlook 2003 was similarly configured. Here's the interesting part: If I set outlook 2003 as the default, the ability to go to the news reader goes away. If I set Express as the default, it comes back and I can get to the newsreader from either one. Any idea on how this can be resolved so the option to use outlook 2003 as the default newsgroup r...

Remotely Viewing Outlook Profiles
I ran into a scenario where knowing the Outlook Profile configuration was useful, ensuring the customer did not have a POP3 configuration for their account in addition to their Exchange account (there by generating duplicate emails). After some research I found that it is possible to review a section of the customer's registry for all the stored profile information. The location in the registry on the customer's machine: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles When accessing this section remotely it will be in the form/path...