Outlook: I keep getting MS Word appearing interrupting work

Hi,

Have installed outlook 2007 standard, all ok. Except, Outlook uses MS Word
as it's email editor, which I like. But there appears on my system a MS Word
'frame' which seriously gets in the way of working. sometimes it appears
behind outlook and blocks the background, sometimes it i selected instead of
outlook and so I cannot select anything in outlook without re-focussing on
outlook. It's highly annoying. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? I
still want to use word as my email editor, but don't want the ghost frame
that it creates......

Thanks.

Hugh.
0
Huge (1)

Outlook 2007 uses a built-in "component" of Word as the editor so you have
no choice but to use "Word".
Do you have any add-ins installed? If so, try disabling them and see if any
of them are launching the Word process.
You could also just kill the Word process using, say,
http://sunflowerhead.com/software/knockout/

--
Bill R MVP
"Huge" <Huge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have installed outlook 2007 standard, all ok. Except, Outlook uses MS Word
> as it's email editor, which I like. But there appears on my system a MS
> Word
> 'frame' which seriously gets in the way of working. sometimes it appears
> behind outlook and blocks the background, sometimes it i selected instead
> of
> outlook and so I cannot select anything in outlook without re-focussing on
> outlook. It's highly annoying. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? I
> still want to use word as my email editor, but don't want the ghost frame
> that it creates......
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hugh.

0
BillR9171 (440)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

POST or GET?

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

Reporting from Project Server

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

get a result of an sql into a field