Outlook help - won't open

Hello.  After years of using Outlook on my Windows XP machine, now I get the
following error:

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.  Unable to open the Outlook window.
The set of folders could not be opened.  The server is not available.
Contact your administrator if this condition persists.

Can anyone help?

Where is the actual data kept?  Can I retrieve it?

0
divx (1)

Can you open Outlook in Safe Mode by using the /Safe switch?  If you need
help using Outlook command line switches, look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"John Doe" wrote:

> Hello.  After years of using Outlook on my Windows XP machine, now I get the
> following error:
>
> Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.  Unable to open the Outlook window.
> The set of folders could not be opened.  The server is not available.
> Contact your administrator if this condition persists.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Where is the actual data kept?  Can I retrieve it?

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Planned Open Market Days