Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL

I cannot reply to emails in OutLook 2000 without the
following pop up 'Outlook has caused an error in
OUTLLIB.DLL' then Outlook 2000 shuts down, I have tried
erasing the software then reloading and I have reloaded
win ME and still the same problem, I have come across
others with same problem and they ended up trashing their
PC because their does not seem to be answer for this
problem anywhere on the net.

I have erased all my contacts
Erased all emails and info
Reloaded software
Reloaded win operating software
Contacted techs who have no clue for it

Any ideas anyone?
0
anonymous (74722)

Try renaming outllib.dll (outllib.old) and
contab32.dll(contab32.dll) and then using the
"Detect and Repair" option in the HELP menu
or a reinstall.

If this is unsuccessful rename them back with
their dll extentions.

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"Desperate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I cannot reply to emails in OutLook 2000 without the
following pop up 'Outlook has caused an error in
OUTLLIB.DLL' then Outlook 2000 shuts down, I have tried
erasing the software then reloading and I have reloaded
win ME and still the same problem, I have come across
others with same problem and they ended up trashing their
PC because their does not seem to be answer for this
problem anywhere on the net.

I have erased all my contacts
Erased all emails and info
Reloaded software
Reloaded win operating software
Contacted techs who have no clue for it

Any ideas anyone?

It does not work either
0
anonymous (74722)
5/24/2004 7:21:03 AM
Tried renaming wrote:

> It does not work either

All service packs installed? Any add-ins? Rename extend.dat and try
again? See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q196633

--
Gérard
gj.oomens@somso.demon.nl

Thanks good call on the support.microsoft link I renamed Outcmd.dat to outcmd.old and it worked

What a relief me and my computer are now best pals again

Thanks a bunch :)
0
anonymous (74722)