Outlook hangs upon startup for new user

I'm running Outlook from Office 2003 Professional on a W2K3 machine.  I
log on to the machine as the local Administrator, and then log on to
Exchange using a domain account, and everything is fine.

When I log on to the machine using the domain account and then run
outlook (intending to log on to Exchange using the same domain
account), Outlook hangs at the splash screen.

 - The domain accout IS a local administrator
 - There is no outcmd.dat file to rename for the domain user.  I tried
renaming the outcmd.dat file for the Administrator but that didn't
help.

Any ideas on what is happening?  Or tips on how to further troubleshoot
this?

Thanks,
Dave

What error message, if any, do you get in Event Viewer?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, UncleStoner asked:

| I'm running Outlook from Office 2003 Professional on a W2K3 machine.
| I log on to the machine as the local Administrator, and then log on to
| Exchange using a domain account, and everything is fine.
|
| When I log on to the machine using the domain account and then run
| outlook (intending to log on to Exchange using the same domain
| account), Outlook hangs at the splash screen.
|
| - The domain accout IS a local administrator
| - There is no outcmd.dat file to rename for the domain user.  I tried
| renaming the outcmd.dat file for the Administrator but that didn't
| help.
|
| Any ideas on what is happening?  Or tips on how to further
| troubleshoot this?
|
| Thanks,
| Dave

0
MillyS (3228)
1/8/2006 4:25:59 AM
The only related thing I see in the event viewer is in the Application
Log: "Rejected Safe Mode action : Microsoft Office Outlook."

More details:
 - If I don't have a default Mail profile, I get past the dialog that
prompts me to select one before the hang
 - If I run in Safe Mode, the hang happens with the "Configuring
Account Settings" dialog displayed...it seems to be stuck on the
"Migrating Account Settings" step.
 - When restarting Outlook after running in Safe Mode, I get a message
offering to do a "Detect and Repair", since launching in Safe Mode
failed.  I do the "Detect and Repair" and it finishes successfully, but
the behavior is still the same the next time I start Outlook.
 - I don't see anything in DebugView
 - The same behavior happens for local users I created to test this.
These local users are local Administrators.

New Implementation

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Users ability to Manage Groups

New Record