Outlook hangs ,7th time :-(

Hi all,

In our company we are using Exchange 2000 as mail server,
and outlook 2002 sp2 as email client. Each client is
configured to download its emails to a local pst file. We
are facing the following issue :
  If you add a rule to move messages from inbox to a
particular folder, during send/receive and just after
receiving 3-5 messages (and these messages are moved to
their folders) the outlook stops responding.

  If you run outlook with /safe parameter it will not hang!

If any one could advise I would be gratefull.
Thanks,
Osama.

0
odakalbab (7)

Replacing OE with Outlook
Re: Win XP SP3 Whenever I install a system update, Outlook becomes the mail program by default and I have to manually change back to OE. Now, I would like to use Outlook instead of OE but I don't know how to do it. I need some guidance. Where do you get stuck? When you start Outlook you are prompted to fill out your mail account details. If not, use the Tools-> Account Settings... menu instead. If you do not want the fact that Outlook becomes the default, you can simply uninstall Outlook if you do not intend to use it. If you want to get your Outlook Express messages ...

Sharing Outlook Inbox, Contacts, Calendars
Can anyone recommend a software program that allows users to have access to others' Outlook data .... Inbox, calendars, contacts. We are currently using ShareO on our 3 networked office computers (no exchange server), but it's been acting up since the latest version was installed and we're thinking of switching. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/55537...

Outlook 2003 message store limits?
Getting message store has exceeded limits within Outlook 2003. The information store is still getting email, as checking it with webmail or Outlook 2000 works just fine. Does anyone know where or how to change the defaults message store on the Outlook 2003 client As far as i'm aware - there's no client-side settings of this type in Outlook. Are you running on an Exchange server? There are message store limits within Exchange. But you say you have no problem with Outlook 2000 or webmail, implying you just use Outlook as a Internet Mail client? Bobby >-----Origina...

Outlook inbox not refreshing
I have various computers that outlook is not refreshing when new messages are in. As soon as you click any folder within outlook then they show up. Emails from an hour before would then show. I can look at the inbox using OWA and they show but if I wait for outlook to show them it could take an hour or more unless you click any folder in outlook. I checked the send/receive setting and set it for check every 1 minute but that doesn't help. I have messenger unchecked. I also have all service packs in. The computers are 1GHZ with 256MB memory with XP on them so that shouldn...

Customizing Outlook Today #13
When I click on the "Cutomize Outlook Today" at the top right of the page nothing happens. I use to be able to use this feature. My entire OS was just reinstalled and all of the Windows and Office Product updates have been installed. Also, my task use to display by due date and now I can tell how they are being displayed, but they are not by due date. Thanks ...

Outlook 2000 item
Hello Everyone, I have a user that has some items appearing in his calendar and he doesn't know where it came from. I thinkt it came from a meeting request and was automatically inserted into the calendar but the user insists he never saw such a request. Is there a way to trace where it came from? Also there are these two black timers on the calendar item. I tried recreating the item but my timers when I create the item it is not black. click on the link to see the black timers I am referring to. http://216.174.137.195/newsgroups/outlook.jpg Thanks, Kevin Unless you're in an E...

Outlook 2003 HTML formatting problem
After upgrading clients to Outlook 2003 we've started to experience a strange problem with emails formatted in HTML. The scenario goes like this. 1. A local user creates an HTML formatted email and sends it to an external recipient. 2. The external recipient replies to the original message. 3. Originator replies to the reply 4. The external recipient receives the HTML formatted email with portions of the text grossly enlarged. 5. Upon review, it would appear that the external HTML client dropped a (.) changing the font size from 10.0 to 100 causing the enlarged text. Editing the HT...

Outlook Calendar help
Hello Outlook Folks, I use Outlook to keep reservations at a small motel. It's been working well for me for several years. I recently had a minor drive crash. The company the "repaired" it turned it into a major disaster. I have 2 drives, they formatted both drives for me. Now I have a few days work ahead of me to get back to where I was. Now, my question: I have pretty good backups on CD. Where does Outlook keep the calendar file? If I can pick & place this file I can get my reservations back and keep alot of people happy. Is this even possible? Any help is appreciate...

Outlook 2000 Application Error
When I open Outlook 2000 it shows my in box but when I click to open any message, in box, deleted items, etc, it displays the following error "The instruction at "0x1000aad8" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read. It then closes OL 2000. I can not read any of my mail at all. I can change settings as long as I do not try to open any mail. Help. ...

Outlook 2000 How to forward emails
I am using RIM Blackberry and do not want to receive the 30 or so SPAM emails a day that my desktop receives. I thought I could set up a filter to forward emails to the Blackberry if the address is in my address book. Is there a way to entering this filter? Paul On 13 Apr 2004 19:04, "Paul S" <ps@noreply.hotmail.com> wrote: >I am using RIM Blackberry and do not want to receive the 30 or so SPAM >emails a day that my desktop receives. I thought I could set up a >filter to forward emails to the Blackberry if the address is in my >address book. Is there a wa...

IE settings from Outlook 2003...
Hi I am trying to get the language information from Internet Explorer When i load this webside inside of Outlook, I can't get the HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE property If I load it from Internet Explore, outside Outlook, the property is ok Below is the asp code <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; "> <% Response.CacheControl = "no-cache" Response.Expires = -1 Response.Write(Now()) Response.Write("<BR>") TheLanguage = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE") TheLanguages = Split (TheLanguage, ",") Numberoflangua...

OWA-Outlook-Open Email
I access my email at work using "OWA". It seems out of the blue | can no longer open an email to read it. But I can move from box t | box and even delete emails but I simply can't open one to read it no | can I compose an email. I do not have a pop-blocker. An | information would be appreciated. I also have full virus protection | My wife who logs into to her email at work with the same method i | having the same problem. And of course if I go to the local interne | cafe everything works fine. Help! Since you can use OWA normally when you go to a cafe, I would uninst...

Neswreader in Outlook 2003...
Hello, I am trying to enable the newsgroup reader in Outlook 2003 but I having difficulty. I am running WinXP Pro with service pack 2 installed. I've also installed all required updates for WinXP Pro and Office 2003. I've read the following from Microsoft Office Outlook help: The first time you use the newsreader, you must add the News command to the Go menu. 1.. Add the News command to the Go menu. How? 1.. On the Standard toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), click the To...

I cant get my email through aol on outlook
I set up my accounts while using outlook but I cant send emails, or recieve any emails without going to other on line sites such as aol, hotmail, I have checked and re-checked but still unable to send or recieve any emails Need more info - what version of OUTLOOK ? This should work OK with any version. the AOL site gives help on how to do this showing you the names of your servers. It is IMAP mail. Hotmail is HTTP mail, and again the Hotmail site has help on how to do this. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices ...

copy web shortcut to outlook bar
Can't open this item. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program. ...

Outlook will not login to Exchange 2k server
I'm running Outlook 2002 on a WinXP box, new build. The user is on a roaming profile and can log into their Exchange email from just about any other box. On the box in question, after logging into the domain successfully and running Outlook, Outlook keeps on asking for her login information again and says that it is invalid. The Exchange 2k server was an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 last April so I don't know if the Outlook is for some reason looking for the old Exchange 5.5 server somehow, but her profile works on other boxes. Any ideas? Thanks! Ken Wheeler kwheeler@netlink...

Outlook hangs when quit
Hi, I have couple PCs that are experiencing this problem recently. When user closes Outlook, it shows "please wait while MS Outlook exists", and it never goes away. Have to use "Ctrl+Alt+Del" to kill the application. We are using Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000 sp3, Win2000 sp4. Can anyone help please? Thanks. Have you updated the PC's with the Office and Window updates? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have couple PCs that are experiencing this problem >recently. When user closes Outlook, it shows "please wait >while MS Outlook exists...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

Update Outlook Profile Outgoing Mail Server Settings
I need to create a PRF file that is generated on the fly for my users to just update the outgoing mail server settings for already present profiles - is this possible? If so, is it possible to do this for all versions of Outlook (2000, XP, 2003, Express)? Does anyone have any hints on how to accomplish this? Thanks, Jason Not possible. A PRF file can add a new Internet account, but it cannot = modify or delete an account.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programmin...

Outlook 2003 won't receive email
When I try to send mail in Outlook 2003, I get a dialog box saying "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I want to make Outlook 2003 the default emailer but can't receive email! -- davidx Have you tried closing Outlook and deleting the <profile_name>.SRS file? (This is going to delete all Send/Receive settings. You will have to reconfigure any special settings you had.) Another option might be to create a new mail profile via the mail applet in the control panel. (Don't copy the existing profile. Make a new one and switch to it to see if ...

How do I clear passwords from Outlook Account Manager protected storage?
I've found plenty of utilities to retrieve them from Protected Storage. But if I want to clear them out, I have found no way to do so with any utilites, or a way already built into Windows. I'm using Windows XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 SP2. thanks. ...

Can not right click items in Outlook 2003 #2
Hello, Has anyone come across a problem in Outlook 2003 11.6359.6360 SP1 where you can not right click items and get the quick menu items? So for example, if I right click a mail message nothing comes up, versus the reply, mark as read, etc items. Thanks Much Lots of people are reporting it, but we don't have a fix yet. Are you using a script blocker? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Outlook 2002 auto inserting email address
When I use Outlook 2002 to attach a document, spreadsheet or presentation to an email message, Outlook sticks four items in the document's File | Properties | Custom dialog box. They're called: _AdHocReviewCycleID _AuthorEmail _AuthorEmailDisplayName _EmailSubject I see this as an invasion of my privacy. how can I stop Outlook and all other office XP products from doing this? You can control the "Automatic Review" option off in Outlook by going to Tools/Options/Preferences/Email Options/Advanced Email Options and turning off "Add properties to attachments to enabl...

share junk senders and rules outlook 2000 on Win XP
I just upgraded to XP and really like the multi user ability, much better than 98 in which I did not use it. However, in outlook 2000 we'd like to share the junk email sender lists and rules between 2 users. I searched for and found the text files used for junk lists under each user, so I can manually merge the two occasionally. But would be better if could point outlook at one shared text file - does anybody know how? For the rules I could not even find a file where outlook saves the lists - any ideas? I also searched the registry for any pointers and found nothing. ...

Installation Problem for Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2
I installed the Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2, however I cannot see the details of accounts, orders and etc. When I debug, I found the problem is that there is only one file(dmUpdate.xml) in folder of "\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\res\Web\_xslfiles". All the files such as 1_Update.xsl and so on were not copied. When I copied them from CRM Server, everything works fine. Is it a bug in the Outlook sales installation package ? Thanks Drew ...