Outlook Hanging when spell check

when ever i use the spell check when sending an email the
PC hangs and i have to reboot.  I could just switch off
spell check but i like using it.  I have tried
reinstalling office, also tried using office eraser then
reinstalling just outlook, nothing seams to work.

Any Ideas?

Outlook 2000 mailbox cannot view embedded text in message
I'm working with Exchange 2003 clients that use Outlook 2000 to receive SMTP mail notifications from a SQL Server. The SMTP messages have text attachments with the output of queries put into the messages. However, on one user's mailbox, I can't see the text in the message body or as an attachment, only the subject line and sender come through. When the use the Outlook Web client, the same result happens. Is their some specific security setting to look for? Please help. Thanks. -- ************************************************* Andy S. MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/200...

Outlook express error
Dear all, Some users in our company have error occasionally when they tried to read email in outlook or outlook express. I found the below error in the application log. Any Hint for the cause of error and how to fix it? Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Description: Faulting application msimn.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 8.0.6001.18904, fault address 0x000031dd. Try going to Windows Update and make sure you have all the updates on = the machines and see if that fixes the issue. st...

outlook 2003
How do i configure Outlook 2003 so several users of same WINXP computer with different log-ins can share a common mailbox? XP made me re-install Outlook for different users of the same computer, dunno why -rob Ok the way I understand your question is that you have multiple users with seperate Windows XP profiles that share the same e-mail mailbox. With this understanding you would only need to setup Outlook identical in each Windows profile. Here is a link to an article that explains how to setup an account in Outlook 2003, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;8299...

Check out important update from Microsoft Corp.
--kqbgdpdzjeyljg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="isihwpeonuf"; type="multipart/alternative" --isihwpeonuf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hdkqitgogragt" --hdkqitgogragt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the mo...

Password require when login into outlook
I have new users who has outlook2003 on her desktop, she need to share her workstation with someone else, when she had outlook2002, I setup she different profile for different users, each one require password to get in their own mail box, on outlook2002, I will go the control panel-- > mail-->view exchange server -->advance--> select None, not windows authentication, then they requrire password to get in, now this new outlook2003, I click advance, they do not have None option, instead of click security, then different Kerbos authentication? so how to setup outlook2003 user...

How do I buy Outlook 2000 or 2003?
I have MSWord 2002, which came with my Windows XP computer. I have Outlook 98 (8.5.5104.6). I want to upgrade Outlook ( to 2000 or 2003), but without buying the whole Microsoft Office. How do I do that? I'm sorry to be so dense, but I've been having the devil of a time trying to find out on the Microsoft websites. Thank you! Just go to your local computer store. http://www.microsoft.com/office/howtobuy/default.mspx -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "M...

Outlook Organization fields
Is there a default setting in outlook 2000 that can determine which organization fields are showing when you create a new directory? What I mean by "field" is the way you can organize the emails. From, To, Subject, Date Received, Sent, etc. For some reason my "From" box is missing from each new directory I create. Having to go into "Customize Current View" and create it again is going to become more and more irritating as time goes by. Does anyone know something about this? ...

outlook XP sends multiple instances of message
My customer is about to have a conniption fit regarding this issue... and i'm upset since i can't resolve it. here goes. when the customer sends a message in outlook, it sends the message to the outbox, and then attempts to send it through the SMTP server. Outlook returns with an error saying it could not contact the SMTP server and was unable to send the message. normally i would think nothing of this and have the user try to send again. however, the message actually DOES get sent. therefore, all outgoing emails build up in the outbox and every time there's an error, it attempts...

outlook installer keeps appearing.
Outlook installer window keeps appearing. I have no idea how to stop it. Hi Gimp, please take your office CD in the Player after appearing. -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Gimp" <xxx@hedgehogtech.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2cfee01c469ec$16150090$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook installer window keeps appearing. I have no idea > how to stop it. ...

Web outlook
Anyone know how to alphabetize distribution list in outlook web access? Hi - OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. Post in microsoft.public.exchange.admin and mention your version & SP of Exchange. Note that you can't do much of anything in OWA with regard to address books, etc.... David Rucker wrote: > Anyone know how to alphabetize distribution list in > outlook web access? You might want to ask this in an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion ...

Outlook 2003 Routes mail incorrectly
Outlook 2003 has an issue routing inbound email. If an original email is received from a PoP3\SMTP account and is forwarded to an exchange user who does not have a POP3 \SMTP account, the email is still routed outside exchange and causes a failed delivery. This only happens in Outlook 2003. It does not happen if the message originates from Exchange. Exchange has a setting "If sent to: xxxx.com route to: Inbound". when you forward or reply to the message 2003 automatically chooses if it will route through Exchange or POP3\SMTP. and you can not change it even if you select the...

I have been saving a story on my Notes(in outlook) as one big fil.
I have treid double clicking and it says " can't open the item.out of memory or system resources. close some windows and programmes and try again" and I have treid closing all programmes other than outlook and still get the same message,I have treid sending it to my other e-maiol as attachment and I can't get it from that e-mail on other side,can you help please. ...

Outlook Express -- lost emails in inbox when upgrading to XP
I upgraded to XP from windows 98 this morning and everything went well except all the emails that were in my inbox (and my sent and deleted emails for that matter) weren't there when I opened up Express after the update. It is my inbox however, as I sent a test email to and from the new inbox and it works perfectly. In addition, all my contacts transferred over properly after the update. I simply lost my emails. Does anyone know how to retrieve them? Thanks, Scott (please respond to my email address if you can -- scotteckel@yahoo.com) see tomsterdam.com for instructions on h...

No Spell Check
Some documents I receive in exel format have sections that I need to respond to then return to sender. Often the spell check option is not available in the tools menu. (its Not Darkened). Is there a way to turn the spell check option on? Thanks For Your Replies Patrick For a follow-up, see: http://www.msofficegurus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9 -- Regards Robert Find me at http://www.msofficegurus.com - be part of it! ...

no notification from list control when check box selected?
hi there i have a list control in an MFC app for which i set CheckBoxes ON (LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) i need to know when the user checks/unchecks any item is there a specific notification sent to the owner when the user checks/unchecks an item? or do i watch for the more general LVN_ITEM_CHANGED notification (which doesn't seem to give info specific to checking/unchecking - the closest thing seems to be a State Image Mask change)? tia bhu >i have a list control in an MFC app for which i set CheckBoxes ON >(LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) > >i need to know when the user checks/unchecks any ...

Lost progress/detail window in Outlook 2000
I lost the progress/detail window in Outlook 2000, which gives visual feedback on the progress of send/receive activity. Can anyone instruct me how to get it back? Thanks Jorge Rubinstein Jorge@ASICEng.com Assuming you are using Internet Mail Only mode, there will be an animation in the lower right corner of the Status bar during a mail poll. Double click it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jorge Rubinstein" <Jorge@ASICEng.com> wrote in message news:4a4501c3e43d$00413fc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I lost the progress/detail window in Outlook 2000, which > gives visual fe...

App hanging
I have an app which is making rapid use of (multithreaded) MySQL inserts/selects. Even though I put almost all of the data processing into a worker thread (apart from the main GUI - an MDI app), I enter situations into which the enter application seems to just lock up - and it greatly slows down my entire computer. Eventually, I can open up Task Manager and see that my app is taking up almost 100% CPU. This is despite the fact that I have the worker thread set to THREAD_PRIORITY_LOWEST. My thought now was to look into a code profiler that would tell me where my code is seemingly stuck in f...

registry for outlook options
Excuse me, can everyone know what's the exact registry position for the functions? i'm using a outlook 2000. Under Tools > Options > Mail. there is a button Use "word editor as a text editor". it can be used before. but currently, it's disabled and dim. i can't change its options. how can i make it active undim and enable it. i know it may need to change the registry. Many Thanks, DDT taitamhk@yahoo.com.hk Do you have Word 2000 installed? Other versions of Word won't work as e-mail editor for Outlook 2000. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Re...

Outlook 2000 doens't unload upon exit
Win 98SE, OL2000 No Com Add ins Auto-Check in box is UNchecked When I exit OL and bring up task mgr. OL and Mapi32 is still running. What could be causing this. Checked MS knowledgebase to no avail Thanks Ed ...

email address in outlook 2003 #2
I can't find my original e-mail address in Outlook & have tried to set up a new one with no result. I can't send anything, can't find the old address - please someone help Vince You sent me a reply which I can't now find. Please can you resend.Thanks. "Moray" wrote: > I can't find my original e-mail address in Outlook & have tried to set up a > new one with no result. I can't send anything, can't find the old address - > please someone help ...

Import emails addresses to my email address book in Outlook
I'm new to this. Windows 7, Office Outlook 2007. I have a Contact data file that shows all my contact information as business cards, address, etc. I have email addresses in this data base. When I want to send an email from Outlook, not Outlook Express, these addresses are not available. The address book is "Contacts". When I go to Outlook Address Book is shows empty. How do I get these email addresses imported into my Outlook mail program and to where? I'm not very "Office" savvy. Thankx, There's nothing to import. Your data is already there. Just ...

What happenmed to all the Outlook newsgroups?
Bob "Bob Griendling" <bob@griendling.com> wrote in message news:OnQS3zKCLHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Bob > So you've not seen all the posts from MS about closing their NNTP servers then? Where have you been the past few months? "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:huqv5f$mn0$1@news.eternal-september.org... : : "Bob Griendling" <bob@griendling.com> wrote in message : news:OnQS3zKCLHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... : > Bob : > : : So you've not seen all the posts from MS...

How to check whether subtotals are on a worksheet
Hi, does anybody know a way of checking whether subtotals have been added to a worksheet using a macro?? Cheers, Alan How about just looking for "=subtotal("? Record a macro when you do it manually (edit|find) AlanAylett wrote: > > Hi, > > does anybody know a way of checking whether subtotals have been added > to a worksheet using a macro?? > > Cheers, Alan -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How do i download outlook to a CD
When i export it goes in to excel.I cant get it to stay in E-Mail form. >-----Original Message----- >When i export it goes in to excel.I cant get it to stay >in E-Mail form. >. >When you export it, you need to choose the PST format. ...

Outlook 2003 Constantly Fails
Outlook 2003 constantly fails or hangs .. anyone experienced this problem? Know what the problem is? Thanks. Know what the problem is? Um, lack of any shred of information for troubleshooting perhaps? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Clarissa asked: | Outlook 2003 constantly fails or hangs .. anyone | experienced this problem? Know what the problem...