Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is used

Hello list-

I experience strange problem with one of my users. It's only happening with
his computer, others (~40) are not affected.

Windows XP Professional SP2 (with all latest hot fixes), Microsoft Office
2003 Pro SP3 (including all updates) - all English. He is connecting to
Exchange using native "cached Exchange mode". The problem is that Outlook
freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is selected, no
matter whether it is new message, reply, or forward. Even if I terminate
Outlook (through Task Manager) I can still see WINWORD.EXE running, so I
have to terminate it as well.

As soon as "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is disabled there is
no problem with composing or replying.

I googled the web and it looks like some users with Symantec Fax software
installed are affected, but we don't have this software present.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

0
kabalax (2)

"Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages"
I have a user running Windows2000 Pro with Office 2000. The user has administrative rights on his local machine. In Outlook, when he clicks on Tools/Options/Mail Format, both the checkboxes for "Use Microsoft Word to edit e- mail messages" and "Use Microsoft Word to read Rich Text e-mail messages" are greyed out. There isn't any Group Policy on the domain or local level prohibiting this either. Word is installed and running correctly on his machine. Why are those greyed out? How can I get them back? You didn't mention what version of Outlook the client is ...

Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is used
Hello list- I experience strange problem with one of my users. It's only happening with his computer, others (~40) are not affected. Windows XP Professional SP2 (with all latest hot fixes), Microsoft Office 2003 Pro SP3 (including all updates) - all English. He is connecting to Exchange using native "cached Exchange mode". The problem is that Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is selected, no matter whether it is new message, reply, or forward. Even if I terminate Outlook (through Task Manager) I can still see WINWORD.EXE running, ...

Mail Format (Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages)
I've recently installed Outlook 2002 and when I'm trying to send a e-mail with Excel, Word ect by doing FILE SEND TO I've notice that th Mail Recipient is grey out. When I look in Outlook in Mail Format I'v notice that Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages is grey out What can I do to enable this option? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...