Outlook freezes up when using "Find" in deleted Items

A user on our network has a problem with his computer
often freezing up when he uses the "find" feature to find
a specific message in outlook 2000.  we've downlaoded
updates, run scanpst, run detect and repair.  Still the
same problem, checked for viruses and spyware.

He really uses the find feature quite a bit since he
refers back to emails all the time.

Any ideas? Would appreciate any help - we're stumped.
Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Please explain why this user keeps items that he wants to search in the
trash = deleted items folder?  If you notice, the icon for this folder is a
trash can - does the user keep his lunch in the wastebasket in his office?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Martina asked:

| A user on our network has a problem with his computer
| often freezing up when he uses the "find" feature to find
| a specific message in outlook 2000.  we've downlaoded
| updates, run scanpst, run detect and repair.  Still the
| same problem, checked for viruses and spyware.
|
| He really uses the find feature quite a bit since he
| refers back to emails all the time.
|
| Any ideas? Would appreciate any help - we're stumped.
| Thanks.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
6/24/2004 4:15:04 PM
Thanks for raising the filing issue. =20

However, this problem seems to be more pervasive - he does=20
save many emails in transaction-specific subfolders off=20
his main inbox.  The problem does not appear to be limited=20
to his deleted items. =20

Any ideas?  Are you suggesting that relocating any items=20
away from the deleted items folder would solve the problem?

wastebasket in his office?

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Martina asked:

>| A user on our network has a problem with his computer
>| often freezing up when he uses the "find" feature to=20
find
>| a specific message in outlook 2000.  we've downlaoded
>| updates, run scanpst, run detect and repair.  Still the
>| same problem, checked for viruses and spyware.
>|
>| He really uses the find feature quite a bit since he
>| refers back to emails all the time.
>|
>| Any ideas? Would appreciate any help - we're stumped.
>| Thanks.=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/24/2004 9:11:25 PM
Have you run Detect and Repair on this installation?

--�

anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| Thanks for raising the filing issue.
|
| However, this problem seems to be more pervasive - he does
| save many emails in transaction-specific subfolders off
| his main inbox.  The problem does not appear to be limited
| to his deleted items.
|
| Any ideas?  Are you suggesting that relocating any items
| away from the deleted items folder would solve the problem?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
6/26/2004 7:11:04 PM
Yes, I have, but that unfortunately didn't seem to help.

does
>| save many emails in transaction-specific subfolders off
>| his main inbox.  The problem does not appear to be=20
limited
>| to his deleted items.
>|
>| Any ideas?  Are you suggesting that relocating any items
>| away from the deleted items folder would solve the=20
problem?

in the
>|| wastebasket in his office?
>|| --=81
>|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail=20
sent to my
>|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
>|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no=20
answer, Martina
>|| asked:
the
>|| .=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Where do I find archived calendar infromation?
Outlook 2003/Calendar Where is the archived calendar info and how do I view it? Should be in your Archive PST file (most likely named Archive.PST) , open it using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File "Pegleg" <Pegleg@usnavyret.mil> wrote in message news:7rv7f4dv281krpl7hghglfd6odqlmvf205@4ax.com... > Outlook 2003/Calendar > > Where is the archived calendar info and how do I view it? ...

error : can't find object or library
I got this error : can't find object or library whenever i try to enter some information into a cell. can someone advise how to get raid of it? thanks Hi, Try this it may work: Most likely, the application has lost the reference to an object or type library resulting in the above error. The problem may be resolved as follows: Open the database or application. Open a module in Design view or press ALT+F11 to switch to the Visual Basic Editor. On the Tools menu, click References. Clear the check box for the type library or object library marked as "Missing:" An alter...

How to find all tables and fields using max lengths in the database?
How do I find out (or list all tables and corresponding fields) that uses maximum/sql server default values whenever the objects are created in a particular database. For ex. If someone has created a user object with field name for ex. First Name with SQL Server default i.e. varchar(256) vs using varchar(50). How do I get all the filed names in the database like these? I don't exactly understand your question, but I think you're trying to get to data you can extract from INFORMATIONSCHEMA.COLUMNS... SELECT * FROM information_schema.columns -Eric Isaacs > For ex. ...

Advanced Find Question
Outlook 2002 When using the Advanced Find feature, the Advanced tab, I have entered three conditions/rules: Received between 1/1/2000 and 12/31/2001 Sent between 1/1/2000 and 12/31/2001 Created between 1/1/2000 and 12/31/2001 What logic is used in processing these rules? Are the rules "and'd" or "or'd"? Does a message have to meet all three conditions to be identified or just one of the rules? I'm trying to search through several hundred emails and need to have confidence that I am locating all pertinent messages. The individual owner of the email bo...

how to find a use font
Sometimes it happens that Publisher says it can't find a used font in file on opening. Is there a way to quickly search this missing font, in order ro replace it? Hi Kurt L (kurt@tour.be), in the newsgroups you posted: || Sometimes it happens that Publisher says it can't find a used font || in file on opening. || Is there a way to quickly search this missing font, in order ro || replace it? You should be given the option to substitute the missing font when opening the file. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is ...

Where do I find a "saved" Excel attachment after exiting both Out.
I received an excel spreadsheet in an email and updated it over several days frequently "saving" it. I exited Excel, later restarted it, and when I tried to reopen the file, it was no where to be found. I looked in the Excel autosave and default file locations. Are there any other places where I could look? If you saved changes in the e-mail message too, try opening the attachment in the original e-mail and see if your changes are there. If not it's hopefully in your Temp folder. Easiest way to find it is probably to use Windows Search to find all .XLS files in your ...

MFC/COM Code Compiling but Link Cannot Find Exposed Interface Methods
I am new to COM and, unfortunately, studying from a somewhat dated text. For the most part I have been able to reason my way around challenges but have run into a dead end currently. The sample code compiles but fails during linking with the following two errors; LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IQuotation Fortune3.obj LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IFortuneTeller Fortune3.obj I'm on a Win2K machine using Visual Studio 2005 with unmanaged C++. I suspect the problem is with the C++ name mangling but don't know how to circumvent it. The COM methodology is s...

Where can I find a Outside Sales Daily Call Report Template?
I could use some help, If any one knows where I could find a "daily Outside Sales Call Report" it would be a GREAT help. Thanks Google may be your friend http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=excel+sales+report+template&aq=0&aqi=g3g-m2&aql=&oq=excel%3A+sales+report&gs_rfai= -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F4353A6-CC56-49B6-8CB1-C6907154C9F2@microsoft.com... >I could use some help, If any one kno...

Finding Shared Accounts
Can anyone suggest a method of finding all Accounts that are "shared" to a user but not owned by that user ? Thanks Ian Hi, Something similar is ther in following URL http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com/2006/12/14/a-handy-function-to-fetch-shared-accounts-by-a-team-in-mscrm-30/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Ian Kelsall" wrote: > Can anyone suggest a method of finding all Accounts that are "shared" to a > user but not owned by that...

How to find the cd key with the prod.id?
Hi to all. We have 3 original copies of Office X for Mac with covers and cd key in the 25 letters format. In the past the former IT admin had installed the pack on 3 macs but now I don't know how to join the right cd with the number of the installed Office. If I watch with "About..." I find a id with numbers (not letters) so I can't know which is the right cd for a computer (we need to know because there are some problems about organization and some coimputer will leave the office soon and we want to have a clear situation.) How to get the combination with product key on...

Can't find master pages task pane in Publisher?
I am trying to change a single page master page to 2 pages in a newsletter publication. l The instructions advise to click on master pages, and to click on edit master pages task pane but I dont have that option. I am working on Publisher 2002 and am trying to create an newsletter with a total of 8 pages comprsed of 4 2 page sheets of 11 by 17. Can any one help me please? Start with View|Master Page. "miss lucy" wrote: > I am trying to change a single page master page to 2 pages in a newsletter > publication. l The instructions advise to click on master pages,...

How do I find 1 of the 24 clipboards that excel says I have?
How do I find 1 of the 24 clipboards that excel says I have? It's actually one clipboard that can hold up to 24 things. From the View menu, choose Task Pane. The Task Pane should open on the right side of the screen. Click on the Task Pane drop-down menu (where it probably says "Getting Started") From the list, choose Clipboard. Hope that helps. -- ERR229 "chrispsl" wrote: > How do I find 1 of the 24 clipboards that excel says I have? ...

Using A Find Result in a Range
Hello, I'm trying to search for a word on a spreadsheet, in this case the word "Label." I then want to copy everything from A1 to the row above that word "Label" and paste it to a new spreadsheet. I've got everything worked out except how to use the Find Result address in a new range. I'm sure it's simple, so simple I can't find it in any tutorial. Currently I have to look in each spreadsheet for the last row of the range I want to copy and type the copy range manually into the code for each of the multiple spec sheet spreadsheets I'm att...

Finding a cell location
I am trying to find the exact cell reference (or even column) that contains the max of a range. Basically, after I find the highest or lowest of a range, I want to be able to identify which column it's in and then display that column heading in another cell. Something like this will extract the col header within B1:E1 for the max within each row in row2 down (that's the underlying functionality that you seek) In F2: =INDEX($B$1:$E$1,MATCH(MAX(B2:E2),B2:E2,0)) Copy F2 down If there are any ties in the maximum, the expression returns the leftmost col header High-five?, click YES ...

I am looking for job cv where do I find them?
Nigel If you open MS Word, at the right side of the screen are links to templates online.. in Publisher, click on TOOLS - TOOLS ON THE WEB.. when the window opens, from the section 'related links', select 'Microsoft Tools on the web'.. it will take you here.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/default.aspx?DPC=%7B90280409%2D6000%2D11D3%2D8CFE%2D0050048383C9%7D&DCC=%7B8E46FEFA%2DD973%2D6294%2DB305%2DE968CEDFFCB9%7D&AppName=Microsoft%2520Word&HelpLCID=1033&CLCID=1033 And please do not type entire questions in the subject line.. had I pasted all...

How do I find the rectangle tool.
Right-click any toolbar, check objects. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DumbAss" <DumbAss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99934179-4589-4C53-8EA8-278DE58236A7@microsoft.com... > -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. "DumbAss" <DumbAss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99934179-4589-4C53-8EA8-278DE58236A7@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I find all cells with formulas
How do I find all cells with formulas, Excel 2003. Thanks in advance. -- Peggy Duncan, Author Conquer Email Overload with Outlook http://www.PeggyDuncan.com You might try looking in the vba help index for HASFORMULA and build a looping macro for each c in range("yours") if c.hasformula next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Worksmart" <Worksmart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C85B8FB-5904-45DD-804F-2D380D6D91E6@microsoft.com... > How do I find all cells with formulas, Excel 2003. Thanks in advance. > -- > Pe...

"Can't find macro" error
I have a simple macro that executes the following: Sub SAVE_Quit() ActiveWorkbook.Save Application.Quit End Sub I assigned it to a toolbar button called "Save List". Whenever I try to run the macro from the toolbar, I get the "can't find macro error". But I can successfully run the macro from the Tools > Macro > Macros list. The sheet is protected but I still get the error when I unprotect it. The macro is stored in Module 1. I tried moving it to This Workbook or Sheet 1 (in case it was stored in the wrong place) but got the same error. What am I ...

specify where to find an assembly in the configuration file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01CAADA9.FD383D00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! I'm reading a section in a book from Microsoft Press called .NET = FRAMEWORK 2.0 Application Development Foundation. about Installing and Configuring Application. The book says: "Another common task entails specifying where a certain version of an = assembly is located. You can do this using .NET framework 2.0 Configuration tool or my manually editing the = machine config...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
You're in Serious Trouble - It's a Proven Fact! FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES THERE ARE THINGS ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU DELETED. !!!!BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE!!! Click here for details on the EVIDENCE ELIMINATOR Clear your computer of incriminating files that you cannot delete. www.removefiles.com THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! www.removefiles.com ew5r4325435435435435 43 543 5 435 435 43 5 435 435435 ewfrgh32gh02439-eftrpewjtrrewgfs dg fd g...

Finding data for a chart in word
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After inserting a chart in a word document I cannot seem to get back to the excel worksheet update data on the chart. Advice please. Thank you. Joe --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Finding data for a chart in word<...

How do you Find Number of Columns when a column label = ""?
I have a row of column strings. To find the number of columns in row 1 I would use: Maxcol = sheets(1).Range("A1").End(xlToRight).Column However, if one of the column labels before the end is "" (empty) then the Maxcol stops there. How do you find the true number of columns if some of the column labels are "" but the last column label in the row exists? Do you have to loop through all 256 possible columns in a for loop checking for the end or is there a simpler way? Thanks for any help. Dennis One way: With Sheets(1).Cells(1, Columns.Count) ...

(Outlook 2003) Contacts not show on "Find" tool
Hello, I have an issue for you. Everytime a delegate updates a contact (actualy makes a change and saves) on the delegated contacts folder, afterwards, the "Find" tool in Outlook is unable to find said contact. The contact is still there, when viewing the folder and scrolling through them. Using Exchange Server 2007 and Outlook 2003 on the client. Any help is welcome. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Treeview Explorer / Dialog for SmartPhone http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3ee21d23-2b74-4f28-8c29-8f0336e05a0a/treeview-explor...

Can't find origination module
In GP 10, we have some invoices we need to delete - errors from when we just started up about a month ago. When we go to Transactions>>Sales>>Posted Transactions, we can bring up the invoice, but when we hit VOID, it gives us this message: "this transaction didn't originate in Receivables Management. Reversing entries will be made in Receivables Management and General Ledger only. Do you want to continue?" We hit NO because we don't want to screw up the system, but then we can't find the invoices anywhere else. We entered them in Transactions>>Sal...

macros to find a date value
How can I set up a macro (or button with a hyperlink) to quickly display a row with the current day's date in a spreadsheet which has a row for each day of the year. Or is there a better way then using buttons/macros etc. I have tried to record a macro using the find command by pasting a cell content where the formula is =now() , but although this works for me before recording the macro, the macro doesn't seem to like something about the find command box. Try this Sub Today() 'Find date from today in a range On Error GoTo a Columns("a:a").Find(Date).Select Exit Sub a: ...