Outlook Express creates a File on my desktop

ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but
when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my
desktop named "~". it has done this since new, and ive
seen it on one other computer as well. is there a way to
stop this from happening?? cause deleting the file
everytime is getting tiresome...if anyone knows how to
fix this please let me know.  ty
0
anonymous (74722)

Shawn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but
> when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my
> desktop named "~".

Well-known issue.  Go read an Outlook Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
12/24/2003 8:06:47 PM
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#~file

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Shawn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but
| when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my
| desktop named "~". it has done this since new, and ive
| seen it on one other computer as well. is there a way to
| stop this from happening?? cause deleting the file
| everytime is getting tiresome...if anyone knows how to
| fix this please let me know.  ty

0
MillyS4407 (663)

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large

Creating new attributes

Reminders in Outlook

adding name /creating field/query?

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook 2003

Trying to read XML file into dataset

saving and distributing a customized desktop
If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other workstations so that they are set up the same way? I get calls all day from our users asking that I customizes their outlook to include some of the modifications I've made to my desk. We have Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 SP2. "Herb Segal" <herb@endlar.com> wrote in message news:Olsb5oBpKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other > workstations so that they are set up the same way? > > I get c...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...