Outlook Express 6 #11

I can't seem to figure out how to minimize my outlook to
my taskbar (the same way you would minimize a messenger
service)so that it would continue running and checking for
mail while I'm working on my PC. Can anyone help?
0
anonymous (74722)

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Noreen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| I can't seem to figure out how to minimize my outlook to
| my taskbar (the same way you would minimize a messenger
| service)so that it would continue running and checking for
| mail while I'm working on my PC. Can anyone help?

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Dates #11
I use a timesheet that requires the date to be entered in two different cells and in different formats. How can I enter it in cell N11 and have it also enter in cell N35 without having to type it twice??? N11 will be : Monday,June 2,2004 N35 would be June 2,2004 Pete Hi Pete put =N11 in cell N35, right mouse click on N35 choose format cells / under the Number tab, go down to Custom, on the right hand side type mmmm d,yyyy and click ok for N11, right mouse click on it, choose format cell / under number go to Custom & type dddd,mmmm d,yyyy click ok now you can enter the date in eithe...

UDP socket works fine on NT, doesn't work on Windows 2000 outside VS 6.0 IDE
We have an old client-server MFC application that uses UDP socket connection between client and server. In a nutshell, the client opens a connection, and the server starts sending small heartbeats every second. Everything works fine on Win95/98/NT4.0 SP6 and on Windows 2000 SP3 inside VS 6.0 IDE in the debug mode. On Windows 2000 either inside IDE (release mode) or outside VS 6.0 IDE (both debug and release build), client only receives a few first heartbeats, nothing thereafter. And the socket remains open. Is anyone familiar with this behaviour? Any suggestions? Any help will be greatly app...

show all fields in the Outlook 2007 task form
I see that a contact has "Show All Fields". Where is this option for tasks? I'd like to see some of these things in the task form, not just the table view. It's in the same place, only the standard task form hides that page. You'd need to design a custom task form that has that page visible. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "jay.meerdink@gmail.com" wrote: > I see that a contact has "Show All Fields"....

Outlook 2003 "Inbox" problems
My new e-mails are coming to my "Unread Mail" instead of in my "Inbox". How can I correct this problem? Unread Mail is just a search folder, not a real folder. If you're not seeing those messages in your Inbox then either you have some kind of view/filter applied that is hiding those new messages from view in the Inbox or you've got a rule that is automatically moving the messages to some other subfolder. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The L...

i can not send power point presentation with outlook 2003
When I try to send a powerpoint presentation from within powerpoint, I get a general email failure error message. Does anyone know why? Do you get the same error when you send the PPT file from outside of PowerPoint? "Dianne" <Dianne @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEEFE56C-2180-4468-A3A6-9D3F8160A45E@microsoft.com... > When I try to send a powerpoint presentation from within powerpoint, I get > a > general email failure error message. Does anyone know why? ...

Error opening objects in Sales for Outlook XP SP3
Hi there! Our customer has clients with Windows XP and Outlook XP SP3. We have installed Sales for Outlook and everything worked fine. Now, as the Sales for Outlook User want's to open any Object (e.g. Accounts -> doubleclick on an account) he receives an error message "An error has occored. For more Information contact your system administrator." By the way, the user has enough rights to open the object and everything works perfect when we use the webclient. Has anyone a good idea? Thanks in advance for your assistance! Bernd ...

how do i set up a spam filter in outlook express
i have outlook express. how cani control the amount of spam i get? "phylrock" <phylrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FD4D13-9233-4FA0-8961-06FC88BB622E@microsoft.com... >i have outlook express. how cani control the amount of spam i get? For Outlook Express support, you'll want to ask in the microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general newsgroup. Since you're also using the web based newsreader rather than outlook express, you might want to use http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpr...

Outlook 2000 not displaying holidays
I can't seem to get them to display. I note that when I pull down the 'events' list it shows holidays from 01/01/98 through 12/31/02 only and that appears to be the problem. Is there a way to import holidays to update the program? ...

Custom Category lists in Outlook 2003 Tasks
I've created four new categories that I wish to apply to all of the tasks that I enter into my Outlook 2003 task list at work. Let's call them A_Repair, A_Maintenance, A_Research, and A_Project. There is very little likelihood (probably only when the task is a personal / private one, and not work-related) that any of the existing categories will ever be used as applied to a task I enter. The interface that I usually use to enter new tasks is the one where each task is listed on it's own line and displays the priority, completed, Subject, start date, due date, categories, sub pri...

opening wlm within Outlook
Having added the "news" item on the "go" menu in Outlook, I want to be able to open WLM as my newsreader from Outlook as I could do with Outlook Express in XP and Windows Mail since getting Vista. I've tried everything I can think of to make WLM the default newsreader but no matter what I do, Outlook still opens Windows Mail when I click on "news" in the "go" drop down menu. Any ideas, anyone? "Tim Mathews" <NOSPAMtsmohio@aol.com> wrote in message news:AF0278D8-A859-41D7-A70F-C3511C826AAF@microsoft.com... > Having adde...

FIX: Outlook 2007 Instant Search Broken / Indexer Not Indexing Mail Items
Well, it cost me a support incident at MSFT so hopefully what I learned will help others. I am running Outlook 2007 as part of Office 2007 Ultimate on Windows XP SP2. There have been numerours threads around with people complaining that searching in instant search in Outlook 2007 or through Windows Desktop Search 3.0 doesn't return any results. Some have said that PST files work fine but results from Exchange mailboxes were missing. The solution on my machine turned out to be related to the fact that the Exchange 2003 system management tools were installed on my machine.There was a prob...

Outlook Inbox Fonts
I have noticed that some the fonts on HTML emails I get can barely be read. They are a faded yellow. I have to look at the script to read the reply. Never saw this in 2003. Can I change that font and make it legible? ...

Adding Shared Folder Shortcut to Outlook Bar
I am using Outlook XP with Exchange Server, running on Windows XP. One user has a shared calendar that others in the company need to access, and all can do so using the conventional File: Open: Other User's Folder... command. However, we would like to be able to put the link to the shared calendar as an icon in the Outlook Shortcut bar. I am able to do it on my PC (by right-clicking in the shortcut bar, and the shared mailbox of the other user just appears as one of the choices, under my own, and from there I can expand to see their calendar). Other users don't see the shared mailb...

outlook needs to close window
I keep getting a window after I open my outlook that reads, Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. error message reads C:\DOCUME~1 \JOHN\LOCALS`1\TEMP\WER4.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt. I also keep sending an error report. I am running XP Home & Outlook 2000 >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook and Windows are you using? > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20 intact. > > >After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer >John M <jguitarfly55@h...

Outlook S/MIME support for shared mailboxes
Hi, Is S/MIME supported for shared mailboxes ? I understand that every member of the group would have to store the corresponding private key locally but would that work ? Thanks. ...

outlook 2003 crashes when trying to access folder in list?
This is so odd, all of the sudden the other day I when into a folder, and outlook crashed and restarted. Its a folder with a simple rule, "any mail from xxxx account go to xxxx folder" - pretty basic I know. I don't think its rule related but I though it's worth mentioning. The entire PST is around 400megs so under 1/2 gig. The folder in question is around 90,000. I updated to SP3, that fixed it for a day, then it went back the crashing again....:( I have tried the inbox repair tool also....I'm at a loss. I can access emails if I search for them.....but if i try to d...

"Refresh" problems with using Outlook COM interface
We've been running into the following bug. We have a program that uses the Outlook and the CDO COM interfaces. It does most things through the Outlook interface, but it does a few things through the CDO interface, and it maintains both the Outlook NameSpace and the CDO Session connections open continuously. But, I believe most of the operations in the scenario below are done through the Outlook interface. Scenario: 1. Program logs in to Outlook using Profile A. 2. Program creates a TaskItem. User B (a person, not a program) has access to this TaskItem through his own profile, Profile ...

Outlook makes meetings today
Hi, I have a very difficult problem. A friend of mine has Office XP on Win Xp with two users. The problem is that one of the users can use the Outlook without any problem, but he doesn't have the contacts, and e-mail settings. The other user can receive mails, have contacts, and so on. I was asked to delete the older account, an transfer all datas onto the other user. I've done it, but now the only one user cannot make appointments and meetings correctly, because it doesn't matter, what date is the actual, or what date is given into the start and end date, it creates appointments ...

How do i set up outlook?
I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! Sheariep wrote: > I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I > am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where > to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail > or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! You have to have a mail account somewhere if you want mail. Y...

Outlook 2003 #163
Ive recently upgraded to Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, and while i was using Outlook express i had a load of templates i used with it, is there anyway i can merge/use these templates with outlook 2003, as everytie i click on them, it launches outlook express? Regards Xero01uk xero01_uk@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Ive recently upgraded to Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, > and while i was using Outlook express i had a load of > templates i used with it, is there anyway i can merge/use > these templates with outlook 2003, as everytie i...

Outlook 2003 #289
I have a small business email account through Yahoo - It worked fine with the old version I had on my computer- Problem is it downloads all the messages from the server every time it checks for mail - I've been deleting all morning and am afraid to try it again. Thank you from a very frustrated user Does a mailbox polling end sucessfully? If not, Outlook won't mark messages as downloaded so it downloads them again "joetta" <joetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BBFB785-85E8-4FAA-BC66-C35B20F10E3C@microsoft.com... >I have a small business e...

Outlook 2007 Change Email Default Style
When I go to send a new email the style is stuck on "Normal" which is double spacing. How do I make the Format Text to "No Spacing" the default? Thanks Ron I think I figured this out as I was having the same problem. I have to go into outlook-tools-options-Mail format. under stationary and font I had to change the default from Blank to <none>. I then restarted outlook and problem was resolved. I think Blank is set by default or maybe it changes with an update as I don't recall having the problem before and don't remember changing it to Blank. Hop...

Office2010Beta-Outlook
I downloaded Office 2010 Beta - I had previously downloaded the 'Backup' function for my previous version of Outlook, and set it for a daily backup (it just popped up when I closed Outlook down) - in the new version I have to do it manually (when I eventually found it!). I cannot seem to be able set the Backup function by clicking File,Backup etc. Has something been missed? Is there a newer version of 'Backup' to download for this Beta version? -- timwilbers Tim Wilbers wrote: > I downloaded Office 2010 Beta - I had previously downloaded the 'Backup'...

Access 2007 runtime 11-17-07
Can a user that only has the runtime version use the pdf export add in? Alex ...

Script for uninstalling an Outlook add-in administratively (.exe)
I have this script that I am trying to automate, but the Send Keys are not working: Option Explicit Dim strComputer, strMSI, MSIapp, App, AppToRemove, objShell strComputer = "." set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") '======================================== AppToRemove = "Cisco MeetingPlace for Outlook" ' strMSI = UninstallString(AppToRemove) If strMSI<>"" Then wscript.echo strMSI objShell.Run strMSI End If function UninstallString(strProductName) dim strComputer, oReg, strKeyPath, arrSubKeys, subkey, x ...