Outlook email - 'contacts' appears three times

When I want to write an email, I click on 'new' then 'TO:'. On the right
side of the screen, it says 'Show Names from the:', and in the white box
below, it says Contacts. Problem is, that 'Contacts' file is empty. If I
click on the drop down arrow just to the right of the word Contacts, I get a
list. The top item in the list, indented slightly to the left, is "Outlook
Address Book", which is empty. The other three items in the drop down list
are all labeled 'Contacts', but the first one is blank, and the other two
have my full contact list.

Every time I write an email, I have to access the drop down list and select
the second or third Contacts item. How can I eliminate the first and third
'Contacts' choices, so that I have only one, and that one has all my
contacts?

0
dwess (5)

"DW" <dwess@wess.com> wrote in message

> When I want to write an email, I click on 'new' then 'TO:'. On the right
> side of the screen, it says 'Show Names from the:', and in the white box
> below, it says Contacts. Problem is, that 'Contacts' file is empty. If I
> click on the drop down arrow just to the right of the word Contacts, I get
> a list. The top item in the list, indented slightly to the left, is
> "Outlook Address Book", which is empty. The other three items in the drop
> down list are all labeled 'Contacts', but the first one is blank, and the
> other two have my full contact list.

You have a misconfigured Outlook Address Book service.  Exactly how to fix
it is version-dependent.  IN Outlook 2007, click Tools>Account Settings,
choose the Address Books tab, select the Outlook Address Book service and
click Change.  Remove the unneeded folders there.  They should appear in the
order the "Show names from the" drop-down shows them.

For Outlook 2003 and 2002, click Tools>E-mail Accounts>View or change
existing directories or address books>Next.  Select Outlook Address Book and
click Change.  For Outlook 2000 in Corporate/Workgroup mode, click
Tools>Services and proceed from there.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Outlook Sales

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

NDRs forwarding to external contact

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

invalid email address

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003