Outlook displays offline icon, but really online.

So i am connected to a server, not using cached mode. When i open
outlook it connects and shows that im online in the status bar, but in
the task bar it displays the offline icon. How can fix it? The last
thing I remember doing before this problem began is switching to cached
mode to test spam filter. I switch offline, then back to online but the
icon did not change back.

0
floresma (2)

nm fixed it

0
floresma (2)

Pivot Tables

Outlook 2003 #108
I receive the following error messages when sending mail using Outlook: "Can't contact LDAP Directory Server (81)" Encryption problems "Microsoft Office Outlook had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missing or invalid certificates or conflicting encryption capabilities: Marjorie.Walters@state.sd.us Continue will encrypt and send message but the listed recipients may not be able to read it. Microsoft Office Word: "An error occured in the underlying security system." "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" How ...

Set default account in Outlook 2003
Hello! I have a client who has a hosted Exchange account (AppRiver) and a POP3 account in his stand-alone computer that is NOT connected to an SBS domain (but I am cross-posting there because so many large brains hang out there!). He wants to have the Exchange account be the default, but it sometimes flips to be the POP3 account "without me touching it" as he says. I have found several references to the exact opposite problem when on an SBS network, i.e., people want the POP3 to be the default but it reverts to Exchange. The fix for that is to add the following. Key: HKEY_LO...

Outlook 2003 Newsgroups and Business Manager
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras Hi - I have the identical application - and the identical problem. I used the following work-arou...

Outlook + Norton Firewall then no outgoing Emails
Weird: Had Outlook 2k SR1, installed Norton Firewall then Norton System Works 2003. Everything worked fine for a while. Then eventually, I discovered an increasingly larger percentage of Emails never actually made it out of the outbox, even though the outbox said they were sent. KNowing the Norton Antivirus part of System works intercepted the outgoing E-Mail, scanned it, then sent it on its way, I eventually came to the realization that it must be that software. I uninstalled both the system works and firewall. Support from Norton was guesses non of which seemed relevent. Now it g...

Default font in Outlook replies
Greetings. I am using Microsoft Outlook. I have the default set to the blue screen and white letters, and I have, I thought, it set to HTML, however, when I hi 'Reply', I get the blue screen, but black letters, as if it is picking up the font color of the letter I am reply to. Aslo, I seen in the little box near the top that it says that I am reply in 'Plain Text' when I want to reply with html. I have spent a long time tryint to correct this but, ugh...no avail. Please advise. On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:22:01 -0700, Celticson <Celticson@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook is VERY slow not responding to key strokes
I just don't know what's happened? Has there been some update or something lately? It seems that my outlook has stopped responding to my key strokes instantly. It will still work, but maybe responds to a key click every 5 or 6 seconds - VERY frustrating. I have NO idea what's happened, and i am a total novice so need HELP! I'll look forward to any response:) Thanks all... Which version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 or previous see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/27 Does it work correctly in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe...

setting up outlook to receive mail from Comcast (.pst)
How do I set up my outlook 2003 to get my mail from Comcast -- I have all the settings right and the communication to the server has been established, I think there is some type of .pst file routing problem -- I did not change the path when I set up communications, but No mail gets frmo my comcast inbox to my Outlook inbox -- I can send mail from Outlook 2003 fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Zak I use comcast daily without problems. What information did you use to set up your comcast mail account? Have you checked the web to ensure you have it set up correctly, including ...

How to add sender email automatically in Outlook 2002
Please tell me how to send setup for all my sender email address can automatically put into my address book, for example like outlook express you can do that pretty easy. Right click on the senders address, select add to contacts. This is the only way in Outook 2002 and later. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Erick asked: | Please tell me how to send ...

.snp Sent via Access-to-Outlook Automatic
W/ a filename of Sales030408_030908.snp - is NOT opening. What am I doing wrong? TIA - Bob Hi Bob, My guess is that you are not doing anything wrong. It may be that some setting is not correct in your registry to allow Outlook and Snapview.exe to work together correctly. Are you able to open the .snp file if you first save it from the e-mail message to some folder on your hard drive? Have you tried a different .snp file, just to rule out possible corruption in the Sales030408_030908.snp file? Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ http://www.access.q...

CRM Outlook Client installation and calendar synchronization error
We have installed the CRM desktop Outlook Client in several PCs (using office 2003 and CRM 3.0). The installation went well in all of them, but: 1. in some cases under the Microsoft CRM folder created in outlook, there are items like Inbox, Calendar, etc while in others only CRM-specific items exist (Sales, Marketing, etc). Why is that happening and how can we control how the client will be installed? 2. as a consequence of the 1st problem, some PCs have one Calendar item (the usual one, under Personal Folders) while others have more --2 at least. When synchronizing, the client somehow...

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 03-22-10
When I load Outlook on my laptop, it usiually takes 3 tries before it will work. It loads, then does a send receive, then normally stalls at about 60% in the status bar. Then It goes gray and I get not responding. I use Outlook connector and an msn.com email address. Does anyone know a fix for this? Outlook 2007 works fine on my PC with Windows 7. Thanks for any help. What version of the connector are you using? 12? If so, try upgrading to 14. It's still a beta but most people have found it fairly stable. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower h...

Outlook 2003 beta doesn't send body
I am getting the body of my message as a blank when using Outlook 2003 beta. Is this a known bug and is there a fix? Thanks, Jon There were a few bugs along those lines in the beta. Most were fixed for the "technical refresh" of the beta (do you have that?), but I think one was even there in that. As far as I know, all have been fixed in recent builds. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3f3a5079_3@corp-news.newsgr...

outlook 2k3 send/recieve craches to blue screen
my pst file size is about 252MB, and due to some improper shutdowns i think its a bit damaged. but its opening well in outlook. and now whenever it craches, and i run outlook, it repairs itself, and gives no error. when i connect to internet, and click send/recieve. after download of a single message. my xp craches to blue screen, i get this error: IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL stop error 0x000000a i donno where the prob relies. but its sure that something is wrong with outlook. i browse internet and nothing happens, but as soon as i open outlook, and click send/recieve, first message downloads...

How do I import a hotmail address book into Outlook?
is it my imagination or has microsoft made it ridiculously difficult to export NINE PAGES OF MY HOTMAIL ADDRESS BOOK into microsoft Outlook?!?! austinjames ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?m...

Unable to print from Outlook 2000
I have Windows 2000 (SP4) and Office 2000 (SP3). My computer is a Compaq Presario 5225 and my printer is a Canon BJC-5000. I cannot print e-mails, contact list, etc. from Outlook 2000. This just started yesterday. I have already run the detect/repair on Outlook 2000. I can print from any program on the computer (Word, Excel, Notepad, etc.), except Outlook 2000. I have searched the internet and Microsoft.com, but I cannot locate any information on this problem. Please help! Thank you!! When you open an email message and select File - Print, can you see your printer their. Try p...

deleting hotmail from outlook 2002
I currently have an email address that is ....@msn.com and it was setup thru hotmail. I want to change everything to Outlook 2002 and not use hotmail. Currently, outlook is my default mail client and somehow, i have a hotmail folder in outlook. This is where all of my incoming mail goes (inbox folder under hotmail). Also, I have tried to export address book from hotmail and import to outlook but have been unsuccessful. I would appreciate any help!! If your only mail account is Hotmail, you will need to continue to use Hotmail? What replacement mail service do you have in mind? ...

Question about Outlook client config
I have several thousand Outlook 2003 clients that currently have their "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" set to a local PST. I need a reliable way to force all of these system to deliver to their Exchange mailbox without losing all of the other settings within their Mail profile. I have tried to use a PRF, but the only way that I can get the PRF to force the change from PST to mailbox is to use the "Overwrite existing Exchange settings if an Exchange connection exists," but this seems to "overwrite" too many other options to be a viabl...

Outlook 2007 02-24-10
Is there a repair tool for a corrupt .pst file? I've uninstalled and reinstall many time and the file will not open. I get a cannot opent eh Outlook Window. Outllok works fine for another user on the machine (Admin) Help Scanpst.exe is in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 folder. Bob wrote: > Is there a repair tool for a corrupt .pst file? I've uninstalled and > reinstall many time and the file will not open. I get a cannot opent eh > Outlook Window. Outllok works fine for another user on the machine (Admin) > > Help "Bob&quo...

New Outlook Toolbar problem
I have set up a new tool bar called GTD and have placed several commands on it (e.g. move to folder, custom flag, etc.). It works fine when set-up but when I close outlook and reopen the toolbar either disappears or has missing icons. Is there anyway to keep the toolbar permanately or at least to ensure that it stays or does not become modified? Not to sure if it can be saved either? Thanks Kita Toolbar issues belong to the programmers of the toolbar. If they don't = program the toolbars correctly, you will consistently see this issue. I = would contact the makers of Getting Things...

Custom layouts for Outlook Today
Has anyone created some custom layout for Outlook today. I was hoping to get something better than the Summer and Winter options that came with Office. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David Muñoz David Muñoz <David Muñoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone created some custom layout for Outlook today. I was hoping > to get something better than the Summer and Winter options that came > with Office. See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=236081 -- Brian Tillman ...

Sharing outlook express files
If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in the right direction! I have two computers, both running XP home, linked through a recently acquired Dell wireless router. I want to be able to use either machine for email, using the same email files. The older machine has my email .dbx files. I have shared the folder concerned and made it writable. On the newer machine (laptop) I use Outlook express tools->options->maintenance->store folder and point it at the folder on the other machine. Tells me it will happen next time I restart Express...but nothing happens, ...

Outlook 2007 Send receive error 0X8DE00006
I just stared receiving the above message in when trying to send from Outlook 2007. I am using Windows 7, and IE. How can I fix this? Thanks "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0828F2B6-AD0C-4373-BB93-97CED7EDEF67@microsoft.com... >I just stared receiving the above message in when trying to send from Outlook > 2007. I am using Windows 7, and IE. Is this for a Hotmail/Windows Live account accessed by the Outlook Connector by chance? If so, what version of the Connector? Have you tried deleting the account and readding ...

How to display 5.5 hours instead of 5.30 when adding \ subtracting
when adding or subtracting times (13:00-08:30) how do i get the answer formatted to show answer as 4.5 instead of 04:30 Try formatting the result as NUMBER, instead of Date or Time. Format>Cells>Number tab Category: Number Decimal Places: 2 Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "excel novice" wrote: > when adding or subtracting times (13:00-08:30) how do i get the answer > formatted to show answer as 4.5 instead of 04:30 If 4:30 is in A1, then use =A1*24 and format the cell as Number with 2 decimals Excel keeps time as a fraction of a day. -- Bernard V Lien...

Windows Live/Outlook Connector
I have been using Outlook/Outlook Connector fairly successfully for several years and have been able to have "category" information properly synchronized between my four computers configured to a single premium MSN account. Recently, I upgraded my computers to the latest Outlook Connector (12.1) and did not notice whether the categories were properly synchronized. I recently did a clean up of duplicates in my contacts and now notice that my baseline dataset that has categories is not synchronizing to my other computers. Has there been a change in Outlook Connector re...