Outlook Disconnects

Equipment:I am using a LAN connection to my ISP.  I am
running Office 2000 Professional on a windows XP
operating system.

Problem: After I activate the send and receive button,
the graphic in the lower left hand corner will show
receiving 1 of 8 messages.  After about 5-10 seconds I
get an error message that says Outlook encountered a
problem and has to shut down.  It procedes to ask me if I
want to send an error report which I do; then Outlook
shuts down and my Desktop pops back up.

Attempted solutions: I have uninstalled Office 2000 and
re-installed it with no success.  Have used Outlook
autocorrect(?) to no avail.

Help

Thanks for any suggestions.  John
0
anonymous (74722)

Problem deleting messages on Outlook
Am trying to delete messages in my Inbox. The delete button and 'Delete' function under the Edit are returning the error message --' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted several times including a full system shutdown. Clear your Deleted Items folder and in case you are working with a pst-file also run Compact Now and scanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. Then try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create...

Outlook.exe will not terminate
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Win XP connected to Exchange 2003, when I boot up and run Outlook everything works fine, If I close Outlook and re-open it Outlook will not re-open. The process is still running though, not sure why - any ideas. Regards, Brent Do you have a PDA (ActiveSync) or WinFax Pro? (you have a 3rd party application that uses, monitors, or syncs with outlook data and it doesn't realize that outlook shutdown. it holds a reference and interferes with the next startup request.) "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2...

Outlook Client 10-26-07
Hi, Here is my config : - SBS 2003 SP1 + CRM 3.0 Rollup 2 - Client: Windows XP SP2 + Outlook 2003 SP3 + CRM Client + Rollup 2 - User is logged into the Domain and is local admin of his computer, indexation service is running under his user profil. On two laptops I encounter the same trouble : display is correct (account, contacts, activities, ...) but I can not have access with the double-clic. Moreover, on these two laptops, the click on an HTML link into a message is not working. You have toi copy/paste the link into IE to have access. It seems that a config of Outlook is missing but ...

outlook 2007 04-08-10
Ran fine yesterday now it will not open up? Make sure outlook.exe is not running in the Task Manager > Processes. If it isn't, try opening Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch: Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane) Windows Vista & Windows 7 Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (same space) -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "shantzy" <shantzy@discussions....

Outlook online?
How can I view, update, and manage my Outlook calendar online? (For free. I have already bought the software.) You've landed in a discussion group for users of Mac versions of Office. Macs don't have Outlook. Although there are several people here who are experts in both Mac and PC, and they may come by soon, you're likely to get quicker results in a discussion group for PC Office. Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx, and when posting mention the specific version you're using. Cheers, Clive Huggan Canberra, Australia (My time z...

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

Issue with Outlook Mobile Access
Dear all, Since a few days I've got a weird issue with Outlook Mobile Access (OMA). Everything worked fine, untill a few days ago. I had a notification on my phone (Palm Treo 750 with Windows Mobile 6), wich stated that there had been a change on the server (SBS 2003 SP 2). I did not implement any changes this week, apart from the usual updates. The notification said I had to re initialize my mail, contacts, agenda, etc., and because there was no other option, I did. Since then everything syncs normal, apart form my calender. Items on the server (wich can be seen / a...

Outlook 2002 Rules Wizard Won't Respond
I got overactive in adding Rules to kill SPAM and now Outlook 2002 is permanently deleting items that I would prefer to see. Problem is that I cannot open the Rules Wizard (it won't respond), either using the button or from the Tools menu. When I go to Add-in manager, there is no way to "install" the Rules Wizard. I'd like to clear all of the rules and start over. Your help would be appreciated. J. Pine ...

Outlook 2007 and Office H&S 2007`
This has probably been asked and answered somewhere before but I'm not up to weeding through years of postings trying to locate it. The problem is this. I have Office 2007 Home and Student Edition and Outlook 2007 (purchased separately), on my Toshiba laptop computer. It's running Vista Home Premium with 4gigs of memory and a bunch of other typical crap. The computer came with Office pre-installed and I thought I had uninstalled it as it wasn't the edition I had bought. At any rate, whenever I go to use either program, it goes basically into an endless loop of wanting to d...

Logging into outlook web interface...gives...a directory listing??
Something very very strange has happened. I logged into OWA, and when I do so, I get a directory listing of all the users mailboxes and then clicking on them prompts for a login for thir account. Anyone have any idea what's happened? I just installed PHP on my server and I don't believe I changed any exchange settings. Not really sure what's happening here. Seus Something has changed the IIS settings to directory listing and propagated it down to the Exchange vdir. There may be a way to fix this within IIS, but by far the easiest way to fix this would be to simply perform a r...

Problems w/ Outlook 2003
Starting yesterday I have been having problems sending e-mails with Outlook 2003 SP1. I use Comcast and while I can recieve I can not send emails with multiple recipients. I get the following messages: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has r...

Outlook Today page
I just had to reinstall Outlook and now on the Outlook Today page the option to customize the page is 'hot' but I click it and nothing happens. How do I get it to open up and give me the options to change the appearance of the page? Thanks Vaughn Vaughn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just had to reinstall Outlook and now on the Outlook > Today page the option to customize the page is 'hot' but > I click it and nothing happens. Asked and answered 100,000 times (literally). Google is your friend. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospac...

Outlook Connector causes Outlook 2007 to not shutdown #3
I have had this problem with Outlook 2007 not shutting down for a long time, but recently, through the process of elimination, I have found that it is being caused by one of my Hotmail accounts, through the Outlook Connector. The actual problem is that Outlook does not exit properly. If I close it, the process can still be seen in Task Manager. When I try to shut down the machine, I get a message saying that Outlook will not shut down, and I need to force it to close. This means that sometimes Outlook needs to check the message store when I start it up again. This does not happen when I r...

Outlook calendar freezes
I just installed Outlook 2000 to use for the calendar and contacts. I am syncing it with a Blackberry. It appears to open fine, then when I click on the calendar icon on the left side, the calendar comes up but the left part showing todays appointments is blank. If I click on it, everything appears but I cannot change the date or enter any new appointments on the current date or any other date. All help is welcomed ...

how do I set up Outlook 2003?
I installed Office Pro 2003 on my office and home computer. The setup on my office computer went great. I can't get Outlook to work on my home computer. I un-installed and then re-installed the entire package on my home computer, but I can't get Outlook to work. I get the screen about migrating account settings, but it will not accept my password. I finally get the error message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook.ost is not an offline file folder." I have un-installed and re-installed the entire package several times w/o any effect. Is ther...

Automated changes of Outlook contact fields
What software / utilities / code etc. are available that would allow me to adjust some existing data in my Outlook 2003 contacts? For example, I have many "web page address" fields that need to be changed from e.g. http://subway.com to http://www.subway.com and also many "city" fields that need to be capitalized e.g los angeles to Los Angeles. Thanks in advance for any replies, Miner2049er. After some research, I believe I have to write a Visual Basic script to do this. Not knowing that language, does anybody know of a script that can do what I'm asking, or at l...

Microsoft Support and Outlook 2002
Why hasn't Microsoft Support chimed in on the multiple instances of Outlook running? john ...

ms outlook
Hi , Is there a way to make the folder the message was sent to open up expand to show the actual folder the message has been filtered too? Thank you all for your help on this mater. Bye, Philip PS: That is the problem; I have a huge list of subfolders and dont necessarily want all of them open. Someone told me that they thought there was a way that you could have the proper set of folders open to display the new message but I cant seem to find anything like that. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post use...

Importing email accounts from Outlook 2000 into 2003 (via iaf files)
Hello there, Summary: How to import Email accounts from Outlook 2000 iaf files (created when exporting) into Outlook 2003. Full details: I done what I thought was a great idea, after having a problem with my PC decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (from 2000) Pro as it was offered to me free (Or I could have taken a memory upgrade). Reading this newsgroup it would seem that was a mistake! My current problem is that I cannot import that many email accounts I had created in outlook 2000. One work around is to import first into Outlook Express 6 and then import from there, but I still have to do...

Need a good Outlook search tool
Hey everyong, We have a number of .pst files that we need to do some custom searches on. Anyone know of such a tool? We are dealing with an Open Records request. TIA, Clayton Email Discovery software is what I need. Clayton "news.microsoft.com" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:uXE7nZ3FJHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hey everyong, > > We have a number of .pst files that we need to do some custom searches on. > Anyone know of such a tool? > > We are dealing with an Open Records request. > > > TIA, > > Clayton > I'...

How to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook Express 6.0
In OE6.0 I have my settings so that on exiting the application all items in the Deleted Folder are permanently removed. I occasionally run "Compact all Folders". Sometimes I would like to recover emails deleted since my last compaction and today see that my "Deleted.DBX" file is large. I presume the emails are still present there but marked "not for display". Is there a nil cost way of restoring the deleted emails? I have tried an importing approach with no success. Thanks in advance for helpful comments. -- Geoff Not an Office issue. Outloo...

Outlook Express Outbox
I have a very large email stuck in my Outbox. Everytime I open Outlook Express it locks up, doesn't respond and shuts down. I need to get this email out of the outbox so I can get to my other emails. The email aready sent, but for some reason is stuck. Any ideas on how to delete it from the outbox other than from inside the program? Have you tried deleting Outbox.DBX file (I think that's the name) and restarting OE? In the future note that this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) suppor...

Odd issue in Outlook 2003 calendars
Hi folks, not sure if anyone has a fix for this... Outlook 2003: My colleague is getting an issue with his calendar, when accepting an appointment or creating a new entry it puts it in TODAYS date and time! You cannot move it or edit it to the right date/time/ location! i.e. Meeting for 3pm tomorrow, enter it and save it, the details shows today and the time he saved it! This is really weird and is only affecting him, all other outlook functions seem ok. Can anyone provide a fix/solution? Many thanks, Nick. Is the time zone set correctly on both his computer and the person who is creating th...

Remove 'Non Commercial Use' in Outlook title bar
QUESTION: - How to easily & quickly remove the 'non commercial use' in the title bar for a newly installed version of office professional 2007? BACKGROUND I am running Windows 7 and have the Office Professional 2007 on dvd. My new laptop was pre-installed with office 2007. I did not un-install this, I just put in my new office 2007 professional dvd and completed the installation. Everything works, however, outlook (only outlook) displays the 'non-commercial use' in the title bar. I have no entry for office 2007 in the add/remove programs. The only entry ...

Outlook Startup Wizard and Profiles
I have Outlook 2000 connecting to an Exchange Server. When users login to a workstation that they have not logged onto before, they have to fill in the info for the Exchange Server and Username etc. I am wondering if there is a way to specify the default exchange server to "mail" and to use the username they are logged in as and not have to see the wizard? I have downloaded the Office 2000 Resource Tools and found that you could possibly use the Custom Configuration Wizard to build and install package that specifies this. do you use a variable for Username? or if you leave it...