Outlook default to paragraph

To whom ever can help,

> When using Microsoft Outlook, and starting a new E-
Mail, The default
> format is to "paragraph" which double spaces. Is there
anyway to
> select under a New Message, Format, Style, "Normal" as
the default?

daveandivy@netidea.com

New seems to work ok!
0
anonymous (74722)

Subject Line Does Not Appear
All of a sudden, when I go to send an e-mail, there is no place to enter the subject. All I can enter is the destination address, and, of course, the body of the message. I cannot find a setting for this anywhere in options. TIA for your help. Ken WB6QWF When in a new mail item go to the View menu & select Message Header. "Ken Gunton" <kgunton@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:2md4p1hrclgumaacnmg8gcdb4cuqgb9l0a@4ax.com... > All of a sudden, when I go to send an e-mail, there is > no place to enter the subject. All I can enter is the > destination address, and...

how to make Outlook Express 6 recognize new .dbx files
Old system had w98/OE 6...and lots of .dbx Copied all .dbx files to new wXP/OE6 system into same folder as inbox, etc. But OE will not list the new folders in the Local Folders object. How do I force this to happen? :-}dc This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsof...

Outlook vs OWA
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between opening messages in Outlook and with OWA? I have messages forwarded by a rule that I can't open in Outlook, message "Can't open this message. Unknown error", but I can open and view the attachment and text in OWA. I can then forward the mail to myself and open it normally in Outlook. Interestingly, if I move the message to a personal folder I can open it and see the attachment but not the text of the message. Exchange 5.5, OL200 and OL2002 (result is the same). Thanks for any light you can shed, I don't know why the m...

How to paste multiple paragraphs of formatted text into a single cell.
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003. I'm trying to paste multiple paragraphs of formatted text into a single cell. When I double click on in the cell I'm able to paste the numerous paragraphs, but unable to keep the formatting. When I right click and use paste special HTML, it keeps the formatting, but it pastes in multiple cells. Is there a way to paste HTML or formatted word text into a single cell while keeping the formatting. Thanks, Arjun1 ...

how can I find and download a WAB DLL file for Outlook 2000
When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I may have accidently removed it. What OS are you using? Curious since OL2000 isn't Vista compatible. "JEJE" <JEJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E344280E-7FEC-4550-8255-E1069D4A8621@microsoft.com... > When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I > may > have accidently removed it. if you are using vista, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm otherwise, we need to know the version of windows. -- Diane Po...

outlook 2000 doctor watson errors
When I try to edit a forwarded email containg HTML text outlook crashes giving an Dr. Watson Error. Any ideas. Thanks in advance. Error? Version of Outlook? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when maili...

Setting up outlook with 3 people.
How do I set up receiving mail with 3 users.(myself and 2 children) I don't want my mail to go to their outlook express. Please help. Nicole <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I set up receiving mail with 3 users.(myself and 2 children) I > don't want my mail to go to their outlook express. Please help. Do you all use distinct username/password credentials with your ISP? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook
Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates any suggestions ? Thanks JGM -- "Oh Lord, may I be directed what to do and what to leave undone. " (Fry) What happens when you try? What version of Outlook and what updates did you apply? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23vukPCwrDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, JGM wrote: > Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates > > any suggestions ...

How to stop Outlook 2K/XP from popping up asking for permission to send mail from a VB application
Once applied the latest security patches from Microsoft, OL on our VB app client machines keep popping up dialog box asking for permission to send mail using OL. Is there anyway to by pass this programmatically or by configuring OL client? Thanks a million. Bill Hello Bill, I don't think so, and I don't think there is a registry setting either. But having just retired (from an IT helpdesk position) I know our department seriously looked into this and in the end opted for "ClickYes" as a workaround until they got the software modified. I have pasted a hyperlink below. http...

Outlook 2007 Receive Error
I have begun to receive the error message, "Receiving' reported error (0x80040154): 'Unknown Error 8s80040154'. And I cannot receive e-mails into my Outlook 2007. Any resolution available? Try this: click 'Start|Run' and enter the following: regsvr32 inetcomm.dll Click OK. Please let us know if this works. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com &qu...

after XP-SP2 problems with Outlook Web Access
After XP-SP2 Outlook Web Access reacts strange: If I trie to answer to an email the answer windows (form) hasn't any text field. I already added the Web-Site to trusted sites - but nothing changed. Any ideas? Resetted all the Internet Explorer options and Zone Settings, Cleared the Temporary Internet Files, etc already? If so state your version of OWA and ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service...

Outlook 2003 hangs when saving an Office document opened as an attachment
Hello, When a user opens a office document attachment from an email in outlook 2003, they are immediately able to see and edit this document. There seems to be an issue, however, when the user goes to File > Save As.... in word, excel, or whichever office product is in use. Outlook saves its temporary files to the temporary internet files folder on the local (c:) drive. It takes approximately 60 seconds for the dialog box to populate so the user can change the folder where they would like the document to be saved. This was an upgrade install from Office 2000. Does anyone know of anythin...

Outlook attachment problem #2
Dear All, I have a client who received an email from her client with attachments. At the end of the email a line written in Italic like the following: (See Attached file: 000_TG_Koh Chang.pdf)(See attached file:000_TGTrang.pdf) However, there is no way you can download, view, or save the attachments. The strange thing is when you forward the email. You will see the attachments show on under the subject line. When you double click it, you can see the attachments as usual. Why cannot see the attachment at the first time? Why it shows when forwarding? Many thanks Regards, Andrew Lau ...

Outlook 2003
If someone sends me several pictures they dont automatically display one above the other like they used to in OE before i upgraded to Outlook 2003? I can find the bit about automatically downloading pictures but those are for HTML emails - i want them to display if they are sent as attachments! driving me mad and wasting lots of clicks and time! help please!! thanks Not possible. And note that you didn't upgrade but are using a completely different program now ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD...

OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module SHLWAPI.DLL at 015f:70bf5a43
When I bring up Outlook 98 from Office97 Small Business Edition which I've been using for years I get the following message and Outlook closes down. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module SHLWAPI.DLL at 015f:70bf5a43. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=70bf5a43 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00428f30 SS=0167 ESP=0056f878 EBP=0056f890 ECX=0176789c DS=0167 ESI=00000000 FS=32b7 EDX=00428f44 ES=0167 EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 0f b7 06 46 46 83 f8 41 7c 08 83 f8 5a 7f 03 83 Stack dump: 70bf5a3a 70d9f263 00000000 00428f44 00000000 01767800 0056f8c4 70d269ec 00428f30 00000003 00428f4...

searching for mail address in outlook 2007
Hi, When I use instant search in outlook 2007 and search for part of an email address i don't find any mail, although I know for sure they exist in the mailbox. E.g. if I want to find all mail from people working at company X and I know they all have e-mail addresses ...@company_x.com. If I then search for company_x I get zero hits. Why? If I know one of their co-workers is named John Doe and I search for John Doe I find all mails from him. Jonas ...

Blank E-mail After Upgrade to Outlook 2003
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and now many of my e-mails (it appears that many are html) are coming across blank. Additionally, many of my messages are being downloaded twice. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? ...

problems with outlook 2003 #2
When I open outlook2003 I get a bunch of errors. The reading pane give me the following error: "The item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contetents." When I open an email I get the following error: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." I also received an error when it tried to open the reminders. It worked fine for a couple of days after installing it. Yesterday I had problems with it and rebooted and it worked fine afterward. Today I have rebooted and still have th...

Filter tasks in Outlook Today
Does anybody know how to make my own outlook today page, where I can filter tasks based on categories? Eg. I want to columns with tasks, one displaying private tasks, and one displaying Work related tasks. I allready have the tasks categorised. As I understand, this reads out all the tasks, but I am not able to make it filter by category. <OBJECT ID="TaskList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-AF08-00609797F0E0"> <PARAM NAME="Module" VALUE="Tasks"> </OBJECT> Is this possible? Running oultook 2003 I think (I'm no expert on ...

Internet favorites in outlook 2007
Is it possible to store your Internet Explorer favorites in outlook 2007? Thanks Alison "alistew" <alistew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0021D21C-3782-4AAF-A412-A5889AD5F2C8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to store your Internet Explorer favorites in outlook 2007? Why? Outlook isn't a web browser and shouldn't be used as one. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Tools, Customize, Toolbars, Web alistew wrote: > Is it possible to store your Internet Explorer favorites in outlook 2007? > > Thanks > Alison ...

Outlook "corporate mode"?
Esset's "NOD32 antivirus pkg." requires "Outlook must be installed in "corporate mode". I have 2002 within Office XP on Win Me OS -What is "corporate mode"? Thanks! Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP) doesn't have a corporate vs. internet mail only mode. My guess is the error message is a throw back to Outlook 98/2000 when it couldn't detect the presence of the MAPI spooler. -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Craig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Contact filtering anomaly (Outlook 2000)
I have a category called 'Out of touch'. It is never the only category of a contact (ie: each 'Out of touch' contact belongs to at least another category) I want to have a view where I see all my contacts NOT belonging to 'Out of touch'. However, when I do : Customize current view / Filter / Advanced / [Categories] [doesn't contain] [Lost touch] I get no results at all. This actually happens with any category that I want to eliminate from the view. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Thanks, W. ...

Outlook freeze #4
I have been using Outlook 2000 since 2001 with no trouble until yesterday. When I click on the icon the main screen comes up, my pointer rotates, like the program is starting, for about 30 seconds, then it shuts itself down and goes back to my desktop. I am using XP home edition on a Pentium 4 system. As far as i know i haven't picked up any virus's, according to Norton antivirus and I have added no new programs recently. Does anyone have any ideas that I can use to repair this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have you been keeping up with service packs and patches fro...

Outlook 2003 and Vista business
I get the following error after a windows auto update MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version I did a system restore first time that sorted outlook out , the updates then aplied themselves. Since then I cannot restore , system just comes back with error. Also in other threads people talk about re-nmaing mapi32 or msmapi32 , none of these exist in vista , Any help would be apreciated . Cheers -- Tommy E They also exist within Windows Vista. Have you looked in the correct locations? You can find step-by-step instructions here; http://www.msoutlook.info/que...

how to shade a paragraph with bullets without gaps in the shade
I want to highlight paragraphs with colour and border. When the paragraph inlcudes a sentence and a bulleted list the shading has a gap. How can i get the shade to surround the whole paragraph? A single paragraph cannot include a bulleted list - at least not using the bullet and numbers facility. You would need to use Shift enter and mock up your list with bullet characters and tabs. You can then treat the resulting block as a single paragraph. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Gra...