Outlook: default new mail location

We seem to have a problem with users that log into a
workstation that they have never logged into before.
Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST
local to their c: drive.  So, when they open up Outlook to
check thier mail.  All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly
dissapears and is moved to the local pst file.  Once, we
configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and
change the default NEW MAIL location to the
Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine.  I've heard about PRF
files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them.  All I
want is for the default NEW MAIL location to auto default
to their Exchange account INBOX and not a PST.

thanks,
paul
0
anonymous (74722)

You will need the tools from teh Office Resource kit (Available from the
Microsoft Office site) for your particular version.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

paulc <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| We seem to have a problem with users that log into a
| workstation that they have never logged into before.
| Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST
| local to their c: drive.  So, when they open up Outlook to
| check thier mail.  All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly
| dissapears and is moved to the local pst file.  Once, we
| configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and
| change the default NEW MAIL location to the
| Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine.  I've heard about PRF
| files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them.  All I
| want is for the default NEW MAIL location to auto default
| to their Exchange account INBOX and not a PST.
|
| thanks,
| paul

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Outlook 2003 attempting to send messages....
To Anyone: Here is a weird one. OS XP Pro SP2 / Office System Pro 2003. POP mail only. No SMTP authentication required. Everything working fine until recently when Outlook 2003 stopped sending messages and is attempting to send 1 of 2 messages when there are non in the Outbox.... Some posts say re-install Office System. Looking for alternatives. Any takers? ...

pgp error when opening Outlook 2000 Pro.
Please help. I have a computer that is running Windows XP Home and MSOffice 2000 Pro. Anyhow, when I try to open Outlook, it gives an error "pgpexch.dll" and says that virtual memory may be set to low. I don't know if the problem is with the file or with the virtual memory settings. I've gone into the virtual memory and set it to let Windows manage it but I still get the error. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your help. Sincerely, Rodney Brown ...

New server question
I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old server can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me. users get an error that says: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required TIA these servers are in the same routing group? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:eICByC66FHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I just installed a new ex...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Sharing Outlook #2

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

Outlook user profiles

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <>
Hi all IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <> . how to solve this problem Thanks Shaikh ...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Force new record
Hi, I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform. 1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to automatically jump to the new record line. 2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on openeing the database? Is this possible? Regards John Try the following in the Open event of the subform: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec End Sub -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <johnlee2509@btopenwo...

XSD
Hi all, I defined a XML Schema... so I've a .xsd file. I defined the schema using "default" attribute... for example: <xs:element name="color" type="xs:string" default="red"/> Now, I would like to generate an empty XML file, from the XML Schema. How can I do that? Thanks a lot. Bye -- Stefano Giannone MCP .NET http://www.giasoft.it Stefano wrote: > I defined a XML Schema... so I've a .xsd file. > > I defined the schema using "default" attribute... for example: > <xs:element name="color" typ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Mail Rule
Hi, I would like to create a rule which would delete any emails which DOESN'T contain an attachment, any idea anyone? Thanks for your time, Uri. Here's one method: Rule #1 -- Condition - has an attachment. Action - stop processing more rules Rule #2 -- Condition - none (will act on all messages). Action - delete -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "msnew" <uri@manpower.co.il> wrote in message news:%235sIUzEgEHA...

Normally in Europe I cannot send e-mails now from USA
I just went for holidays to USA and brought my notebook with me - and now I receive mails in my Outlook Epxress, but cannot send e-mails in my different accounts. With gmx-account I solved the problem changing form 25 to 587, but with my other account nothing helps. The message I get is (in german, sorry) Fehler bei der Verbindung zum Server. Betreff *****, Konto: 'Liga für Kinder- und Jugendgesundheit', Server: 'mail.kinderjugendgesundheit.at', Protokoll: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure (SSL): Nein, Socketfehler: 10061, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for you...

read receipts with internet mail
I was wondering if anyone knew if you put a read receipt on an email that is going to a gmail or yahoo account...does return receipts work? Thanks ...