Outlook Connector and Live Mail Plus

Ok.
After some fighting, I migrated my Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail Plus.
I had to ask the customer care to unlock some issues that avoid this product
integration.

After this activation, I quickly checked Outlook Connector to see if
calendar, contacts and mail properly sync with MS Servers (this was tha main
reason to ask for a migration from Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail Plus).

Sadly, only partial synchronization allowed.

This is the log:
--------------------------------------

Outlook Connector Version 1.8.3501.0

Account: stefania.castelli@hotmail.com

Signed in successfully at 24/02/2007 0.51.05

Mail: Error at 0.51.
Calendar: Error at 0.51.
Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 0.51.

Errors :

Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.20
Error in Mail
Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.

Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.30
Error in Calendar
Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.

Outlook Conector is a fresh install and there are no corrupted PSTs or other
registry issues....

The machine is a Vista Enterprise with Office Enterprise 2007.
I've got an XP PRO SP2 as a guest OS on my Vista notebook.
I try with Outlook 2003 and connector to see if something different goes
on....

Than I come back...

Any suggestion?

I must say that all the online docs I read, seem to confirm the ability to
use Connector with a "Plus" subscription.

So I can't explain such a kind of error.

Thank you for any advice...

Stefania Castelli
ICT Evangelist
Italy

0
Stefania

Do you have a link to the documentation that says the plus account works
with the connector? When it refers to 'outlook access' it may be referring
to http access.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Stefania Castelli" <stefania.castelli(removethis)@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:616851FA-0286-464B-A00A-4ACBFC852DBB@microsoft.com...
> Ok.
> After some fighting, I migrated my Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail Plus.
> I had to ask the customer care to unlock some issues that avoid this
> product integration.
>
> After this activation, I quickly checked Outlook Connector to see if
> calendar, contacts and mail properly sync with MS Servers (this was tha
> main reason to ask for a migration from Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail
> Plus).
>
> Sadly, only partial synchronization allowed.
>
> This is the log:
> --------------------------------------
>
> Outlook Connector Version 1.8.3501.0
>
> Account: stefania.castelli@hotmail.com
>
> Signed in successfully at 24/02/2007 0.51.05
>
> Mail: Error at 0.51.
> Calendar: Error at 0.51.
> Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 0.51.
>
> Errors :
>
> Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.20
> Error in Mail
> Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.
>

> Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.30
> Error in Calendar
> Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.
>
> Outlook Conector is a fresh install and there are no corrupted PSTs or
> other
> registry issues....
>
> The machine is a Vista Enterprise with Office Enterprise 2007.
> I've got an XP PRO SP2 as a guest OS on my Vista notebook.
> I try with Outlook 2003 and connector to see if something different goes
> on....
>
> Than I come back...
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> I must say that all the online docs I read, seem to confirm the ability to
> use Connector with a "Plus" subscription.
>
> So I can't explain such a kind of error.
>
> Thank you for any advice...
>
> Stefania Castelli
> ICT Evangelist
> Italy

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/25/2007 10:29:48 PM
Oh.... All right
I was startintg to figure it out... ;-(
So I must leave the Outlook Calendar use up.

So, Diane, the only way to get access from Outlook (Connectored) to the Live
Platform, is subscribing to "Live Essential"....

Can you, please, confirm me this?

I have some local SMEs that suffer from some Live platform (Live basic, for
instance) missing Outlook features (even if they're happy I allowed them to
leave heavy Exchange Structures apart)....

Thanks again for your support.

Stefania

P.S. In any case I'll send you in a further post the link of MS pages where
I read thet plus subscription would have been compatible, and usable, with
Outlook connector....

Regards

> Do you have a link to the documentation that says the plus account works
> with the connector? When it refers to 'outlook access' it may be referring
> to http access.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Stefania Castelli" <stefania.castelli(removethis)@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:616851FA-0286-464B-A00A-4ACBFC852DBB@microsoft.com...
>> Ok.
>> After some fighting, I migrated my Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail
>> Plus.
>> I had to ask the customer care to unlock some issues that avoid this
>> product integration.
>>
>> After this activation, I quickly checked Outlook Connector to see if
>> calendar, contacts and mail properly sync with MS Servers (this was tha
>> main reason to ask for a migration from Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail
>> Plus).
>>
>> Sadly, only partial synchronization allowed.
>>
>> This is the log:
>> --------------------------------------
>>
>> Outlook Connector Version 1.8.3501.0
>>
>> Account: stefania.castelli@hotmail.com
>>
>> Signed in successfully at 24/02/2007 0.51.05
>>
>> Mail: Error at 0.51.
>> Calendar: Error at 0.51.
>> Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 0.51.
>>
>> Errors :
>>
>> Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.20
>> Error in Mail
>> Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.
>>

>> Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.30
>> Error in Calendar
>> Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.
>>
>> Outlook Conector is a fresh install and there are no corrupted PSTs or
>> other
>> registry issues....
>>
>> The machine is a Vista Enterprise with Office Enterprise 2007.
>> I've got an XP PRO SP2 as a guest OS on my Vista notebook.
>> I try with Outlook 2003 and connector to see if something different goes
>> on....
>>
>> Than I come back...
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>>
>> I must say that all the online docs I read, seem to confirm the ability
>> to use Connector with a "Plus" subscription.
>>
>> So I can't explain such a kind of error.
>>
>> Thank you for any advice...
>>
>> Stefania Castelli
>> ICT Evangelist
>> Italy

0
Stefania
2/26/2007 10:04:04 AM
Correct. They need a premium account - outlook live (soon to be relaunched)
or the top tiers of the live accounts.

--

message news:5B9F5F36-7588-48E4-ABE3-E2483C029BED@microsoft.com...
> [...]
>>>
>>> Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.20
>>> Error in Mail
>>> Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.
>>>

>>> Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.30
>>> Error in Calendar
>>> Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.
>>>
>>> Outlook Conector is a fresh install and there are no corrupted PSTs or
>>> other
>>> registry issues....
>>>
>>> The machine is a Vista Enterprise with Office Enterprise 2007.
>>> I've got an XP PRO SP2 as a guest OS on my Vista notebook.
>>> I try with Outlook 2003 and connector to see if something different goes
>>> on....
>>>
>>> Than I come back...
>>>
>>> Any suggestion?
>>>
>>> I must say that all the online docs I read, seem to confirm the ability
>>> to use Connector with a "Plus" subscription.
>>>
>>> So I can't explain such a kind of error.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/26/2007 1:56:57 PM
Hello Diane,
I must confirm that only Premium Accounts can access Live Platform through
connector.
Honestly, this kind of services seem temporary locked or, at least, not
available everywhere (e.g in Italy is not possible to subscribe a Premium
Account).
This is the server answer when I try to do it:
------------------------
Review details for your location

The selected plan is available, but the plan details may differ in your
location. To review the plan details for your location, click OK

If you get this message more than once, report it as a recurring problem.

Message 3022
Probably, new stuff's coming. (why don't you reveal some details about the
new Outlook Live program?) ;-)

I must confess that in my area, where the average size of firms and
enterprises is of 5/10 employees, when I show to employers and managers how
Live Platform is easy and obvious, I light them up.
Hostages of dishonest professionals that set up oversized and unmanageable
systems, they watch at Live Platforms as a new bible of the Office
Automation Religion.

And I'm happy of this, even if in this migration (beta) phase, I'm suffering
a bit of missing information...

Coming again to my personal account, I already have an Office Basic Personal
Set, nevertheless I would like to carry on with me, this old and loved
Hotmail account (a lot of customers of mine reach me through this address).
I don't have any redirecting function among the MS interface features, so I
should set up a server only to forward my mail to a "Connector Compatible"
one.
Moreover, I don't like to manage plenty of accounts, checking them
robotically every five minutes.....

Some redirect faculties, should be granted and enabled by MS, however.
Any mail provider of average level, gives its customers this option.

Ok.

I stop this sermon here.

Thanks again and Regards

Stefania Castelli
ICT Evangelist
Italy

> Correct. They need a premium account - outlook live (soon to be
> relaunched) or the top tiers of the live accounts.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Stefania Castelli" <stefania.castelli(removethis)@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:5B9F5F36-7588-48E4-ABE3-E2483C029BED@microsoft.com...
>> Oh.... All right
>> I was startintg to figure it out... ;-(
>> So I must leave the Outlook Calendar use up.
>>
>> So, Diane, the only way to get access from Outlook (Connectored) to the
>> Live Platform, is subscribing to "Live Essential"....
>>
>> Can you, please, confirm me this?
>>
>> I have some local SMEs that suffer from some Live platform (Live basic,
>> for instance) missing Outlook features (even if they're happy I allowed
>> them to leave heavy Exchange Structures apart)....
>>
>> Thanks again for your support.
>>
>> Stefania
>>
>> P.S. In any case I'll send you in a further post the link of MS pages
>> where I read thet plus subscription would have been compatible, and
>> usable, with Outlook connector....
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Do you have a link to the documentation that says the plus account works
>>> with the connector? When it refers to 'outlook access' it may be
>>> referring to http access.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "Stefania Castelli" <stefania.castelli(removethis)@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>> message news:616851FA-0286-464B-A00A-4ACBFC852DBB@microsoft.com...

0
Stefania
2/26/2007 8:33:11 PM
Do you know how to fix the issue of not being able to send emails or type
text in the text box. I have vista and my work email uses Microsoft Outlook
Web Access?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you have a link to the documentation that says the plus account works
> with the connector? When it refers to 'outlook access' it may be referring
> to http access.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Stefania Castelli" <stefania.castelli(removethis)@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:616851FA-0286-464B-A00A-4ACBFC852DBB@microsoft.com...
> > Ok.
> > After some fighting, I migrated my Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail Plus.
> > I had to ask the customer care to unlock some issues that avoid this
> > product integration.
> >
> > After this activation, I quickly checked Outlook Connector to see if
> > calendar, contacts and mail properly sync with MS Servers (this was tha
> > main reason to ask for a migration from Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail
> > Plus).
> >
> > Sadly, only partial synchronization allowed.
> >
> > This is the log:
> > --------------------------------------
> >
> > Outlook Connector Version 1.8.3501.0
> >
> > Account: stefania.castelli@hotmail.com
> >
> > Signed in successfully at 24/02/2007 0.51.05
> >
> > Mail: Error at 0.51.
> > Calendar: Error at 0.51.
> > Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 0.51.
> >
> > Errors :
> >
> > Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.20
> > Error in Mail
> > Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.
> >

> > Time: 24/02/2007 0.51.30
> > Error in Calendar
> > Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.
> >
> > Outlook Conector is a fresh install and there are no corrupted PSTs or
> > other
> > registry issues....
> >
> > The machine is a Vista Enterprise with Office Enterprise 2007.
> > I've got an XP PRO SP2 as a guest OS on my Vista notebook.
> > I try with Outlook 2003 and connector to see if something different goes
> > on....
> >
> > Than I come back...
> >
> > Any suggestion?
> >
> > I must say that all the online docs I read, seem to confirm the ability to
> > use Connector with a "Plus" subscription.
> >
> > So I can't explain such a kind of error.
> >
> > Thank you for any advice...
> >
> > Stefania Castelli
> > ICT Evangelist
> > Italy

0
krubio (1)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Outlook Recall Msg Process

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...

outlook 97 and express email problems

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook